Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Kitty Spec and Dps help

Hey guys, I was coming here for some similar advice and figured I'd put my request in here as well to lessen clutter. I've been a long time reader and I'd like to say that reading guides / tips / etc. on this forum have helped me become a much better player, and I really appreciate the people who make them. On to my troubles- I've been feeling pretty discouraged about my dps lately- it is a lot less than I really think it should be with my level of gear / the fights I've been working on with my guild.

I don't have any parses available but with ToGC 10 I've only been pulling around a meager 3.5-4k depending on the fight, around 6k on twin valkyr. Our other feral druid also pulls lower numbers than me and I feel we should really be doing more even with the unforgiving nature of the fights for the feral rotation. (Ex. always switching to snobolds, adds, etc.) I feel my dps has gone down over time, I know that some of our abilities were nerfed a bit but by a relatively negligible amount, I feel I have maybe gone the wrong way with my gear or have some more fine tuning to do with my rotation.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hoof&n=Ramayne 1/2 Primal Precision is due to my level of expertise and hit rating (i know i have way too much... ._.) The only thing I believe I've really lost with my upgrades is AP (7292 self buffed in cat form). Any ideas? Do cats really (meter wise) perform badly in ToGC in general? I look horrible on jaraxxus for example, but I know I rape volcanos/portals with my cooldowns.

I was under the impression it was good to gem for ARP as soon as you had a passive 30% or so from gear regardless of getting the trinket or not, incorrect? (don't talk to me about mjolnir runestone..) I read that Ferocious Bite was not worth it unless it was a full 5 points, and shouldn't be used unless both Savage Roar and Rip had over 10 seconds remaining each, is this accurate?

Thanks for any constructive criticism you can muster. What good is a guild master if he or she does not kick ass?

15+ Year Old Account

Well, we definitely shouldn't be topping the meters as much as previously, but we still have the capability to do fairly well. Switching targets does hurt our dps, of course.

I've heard that it's good to gem armor pen after you get ~400 from gear (not counting gems), but don't expect a huge difference at that point -- it's just the breakeven point. As far as FB, just make sure that you keep 100% uptime on bleeds. The 10 second "rule" is just a guideline number. Personally, the rip time left matters a lot more than the SR time -- it's much easier to throw up a quick 1-2cp SR than to build up a full 5cp rip.

For you in particular, a couple things I notice:

- A new weapon would be a huuuuge upgrade for you. Because of the feral ap difference, it's likely the most important upgrade you can get. Ilvl is a priority over everything else.
    - Fix your shoulder enchant -- get the Sons of Hodir one. Even the lesser version is better than the pvp one.
    - Try to pick up the 2t9 bonus. Even if you get it from the badge-only (no trophy) pieces, it's a big dps increase. Keeping 2t8 along with it is a good idea, but if you have to pick one, the 2t9 bonus is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Well, we definitely shouldn't be topping the meters as much as previously, but we still have the capability to do fairly well. Switching targets does hurt our dps, of course. (........)
    Thank you for your quick reply Sunshine! Ah yeah I forgot to mention that shoulder chant.. >.> when patch comes out, I promise! Yeah I was doing some seriously sweet dps back in ulduar10, around 6k average for most fights, I didn't really think about the weapon but it is very true.

Now if only it would have dropped from anub for me, at least there will be some sweet two handers readily available next patch too! The only thing that kept me back from picking up 2 piece t9 was the fact that all pieces i could get (I'd like to keep my chest) I'd get even MORE hit rating, and I've been really avoiding haste rating as best I can too. But if it is really that big I'll go right for it!

Much appreciated,
    Ram

15+ Year Old Account

That's true, your hit is pretty high... maybe you could consider some of these:

- Ring: Dexterous Brightstone Ring (triumph badges)
    - Wrist: Bracers of Swift Death (lw)
    - Weapon: Marrowstrike (toc5) -- of course, a higher ilvl one would be better, but this one might be more quickly obtainable in the mean time, depending on luck) -- or ony/toc10/toc25 polearms

Then there's also the toc25 cloak that don't have hit, if you get lucky with that.