Page 1 of 3
LastLast

fury warrior Sunder armor

Hi shut i use Sunder Armor in boss fight ? and will the dps be better

thanks mizes

Re: fury warrior Sunder armor

No, don't use something that could lower a bit your dps and up a lot more the other melee with you.

raid boss or 5 man boss?
    How long does the boss live?
    How many other players could benefit from sundered target?

Deleted

5 man bosses, you could probally get away with not sundering the target if your dps is a lot higher than your group members, if your doing heroics with decent players who use physical damage then Sunder. In raids, there is no doubt about it, you must Sunder. Even if you have a protection Warrior in the group, you should always use Sunder Armor once at the start on the target, as it allows the tank to fully sunder the target in 2GCDs instead of 3.

Sunder Armor is a huge damage buff to a lot of physical damage classes. If your not using it, your not forfilling your role in a raid.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

sigh...if you have a melee heavy group and your not so dumb that itll mess up your damage (do it if slam didnt proc!) then it will be a increase in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    sigh...if you have a melee heavy group and your not so dumb that itll mess up your damage (do it if slam didnt proc!) then it will be a increase in damage.
    ^^
    Even if you dont have a melee heavy group it will up your dps and you should have a few free globals.

If the target is going to be alive for a while, you should sunder it. It's just like mage scorch-stacking: it lowers your dps in the short term, but increases it in the long term. Also, IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DO IT for the sake of the raid. Warriors who don't sunder are like priests who won't fortitude: kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

if there is no prot warrior or the warrior cant keep it, stack it up and refresh when everything is on cd (and everything will be on cd most of the time) oh and the dps increase by it isnt just alot for you, but its alot for the whole raid aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

I normally do sunder as DPS when im not tanking
    We have no warrior MT, but 3 warriors who can OT..

In every 10, or 25man I normally put up Sunders. I do not on trash, but yes if you are the only warrior in the raid you should be putting up Sunders. Not only does it increase your long term DPS, it also helps out other melee and some ranged.

It's nice if you can in between CD's, but certainly not what will make or break a fight. And, it only "boosts" physical dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkyouleze
    It's nice if you can in between CD's, but certainly not what will make or break a fight. And, it only "boosts" physical dps.
    5% wipe on icehowl when he enrages tells me sunder CAN make or break a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Actually if there's no prot warrior then your first GCDs should be stacking sunders at the exclusion of all other abilities. It will boost all physical dps (tanks, melee, hunters) and is incredibly important to maintain. I'm not sure where you get off spreading misinformation like this. Probably trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

yes yes and yes. even if there is a prot warriror who (if your doing togc25) should NOT have devastate glyphed so you can do the first 2 and he can do 3 and then he will maintain it.

If you are the only warrior in raid. Fit it in the first 5 slam spaces then maintain it it will be a BIG dps increase in the length of the fight. its worth nearly 400dps to us im sure you will make up for 5gcd 30,000damage very fast with an extra 400dps.

BT>WW>{slam/sunder}>BT>{slam/sunder/Cooldown} - repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Elleyndria
    ^^
    Even if you dont have a melee heavy group it will up your dps and you should have a few free globals.
    If you follow endgame fury dps you should know that on every free GCD if you have more then 1.6s left on BT you should be slamming anyways. But yes, Sunder if there isnt a warr tank, a few sunders to start if there is one helps anyways, and if you have an arms warrior maybe help with the initial stack but they should have a few more free GCDs then you to keep it refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Predor
    If you follow endgame fury dps you should know that on every free GCD if you have more then 1.6s left on BT you should be slamming anyways. But yes, Sunder if there isnt a warr tank, a few sunders to start if there is one helps anyways, and if you have an arms warrior maybe help with the initial stack but they should have a few more free GCDs then you to keep it refreshed.
    90% of the time since level 70 I've been prot on my warrior. Been Fury and Arms for the rest but there's something that I've never confirmed and it probably reflects poorly on me but oh well. I'd just like some confirmation. Back at 70, Slam reset the swing timer. I take it does not do that anymore?

Have you guild recruit a prot warrior

Till then sunder any boss that is 10-25man no matter how many physical dps there is in the raid. It's a dps loss at the start but once its up just refresh it every 20 seconds or so.

I will boost melee and hunters. Hunters are considered a "physical" damage dealing class compaired to a caster, hence they also use ArP gemss. A caster would use spell pen gems, not ArP like a hunter.

Ganoes- No Slam does not reset the swing timer, it did, but not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    90% of the time since level 70 I've been prot on my warrior. Been Fury and Arms for the rest but there's something that I've never confirmed and it probably reflects poorly on me but oh well. I'd just like some confirmation. Back at 70, Slam reset the swing timer. I take it does not do that anymore?
    It pauses the swing timer now. I've never had an official explanation about it told to me, but I assume that it means that when the slam cast begins, the auto swing timer pauses and starts back up when slam is done casting. If I'm wrong in this assumption, then oh well.. I just know that it pauses now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    No, don't use something that could lower a bit your dps and up a lot more the other melee with you.
    Why, so the raid doesn't do better on the whole because you're too busy being terrible and greedy with your own personal dps?