Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: fury warrior Sunder armor

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkyouleze
    It's nice if you can in between CD's, but certainly not what will make or break a fight. And, it only "boosts" physical dps.
    Yeah, because 20% armor ignore is "only" a little "boost". That and windfury are the two most important buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    Yeah, because 20% armor ignore is "only" a little "boost". That and windfury are the two most important buffs.
    Agree with the sarcasm. Sunders in a 25 man is arguably the biggest single buff to a raid, even if you're light on physical dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt
    I will boost melee and hunters. Hunters are considered a "physical" damage dealing class compaired to a caster, hence they also use ArP gemss. A caster would use spell pen gems, not ArP like a hunter.

Ganoes- No Slam does not reset the swing timer, it did, but not anymore.
    /wristcut
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt
    I will boost melee and hunters. Hunters are considered a "physical" damage dealing class compaired to a caster, hence they also use ArP gemss. A caster would use spell pen gems, not ArP like a hunter.

Ganoes- No Slam does not reset the swing timer, it did, but not anymore.
    Spell pen is only for pvp, even then you really only get enough to get motw and maybe paladin auras, shaman totem back down to 0 resist. And no its not even like armor pen at all. Armor pen increases dmg just like attack power and spell power. Spell pen lowers resist on the target thus increasing your odds of hitting said target.

Sundering as fury is quite easy since there are often free GCDs for it.
    Compared to arms warriors and rogues, fury has the easiest time. When i was fury i did demoshout and sunder to make my life a bit more interesting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    /wristcut
    its just /wrist

but yes I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Sundering as fury is quite easy since there are often free GCDs for it.
    Compared to arms warriors and rogues, fury has the easiest time. When i was fury i did demoshout and sunder to make my life a bit more interesting.
    Working Sunders in as Arms is quite fun, you basically have to time sunders instead of slams till 5x stack then work on using a sunder instead of a slam every 20-25s. Quite engaging I must say

I wasn't trolling, sunders are not, I repeat NOT that important. If a 400 dps increase is that significant in determining a fight, chances are, you shouldn't be attempting it in the 1st place. I'd love for some of the "elite" warriors from around the world to chime in to see what they say. By "elite", I mean from the top, let's say 100 guilds in the world. I would guess to bet a high majority of them would almost certainly look at sundering as a non-issue in most cases.

I wasn't trolling, sunders are not, I repeat NOT that important. If a 400 dps increase is that significant in determining a fight, chances are, you shouldn't be attempting it in the 1st place. I'd love for some of the "elite" warriors from around the world to chime in to see what they say. By "elite", I mean from the top, let's say 100 guilds in the world. I would guess to bet a high majority of them would almost certainly look at sundering as a non-issue in most cases.
    It doesnt just increase the warrior's dps it increase all the physical damage classes dps so yeah you should be keeping it up there. It does help a lot 400 dps lets say half your dps is physical 3200 dps increase raid wide assuming 15 dps 8 physical 7 caster.

Hunter would likely suffer less of a DPS loss if he used a pet that sunders.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Hunter would likely suffer less of a DPS loss if he used a pet that sunders.
    Only BM pets can sunder, so it's a big dps loss...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Yeah, you're an idiot. If you really had one of these "elite" warriors you speak of post here, they would certainly put you in your place. If you had a cutting edge guild that didn't utilize a warrior MT for sunders, I can guarentee you friend, the RL would be shitting a brick if he didn't see sunders up. Then the warrior would be talked to, then benched if he found it a non-issue. It's kind of like a lock not putting up CoE, sure it removes CoA or some other damaging spell for more dps, but the overall DPS increase of the spells the lock uses, and spells of the other classes in the raid, is far to large to ignore.

Deleted

Warlocks doesn't use CoE, l2p idiot.

10+ Year Old Account

They do if there's not an unholy DK, or laser chicken.

Deleted

*Refers back to the point of cutting edge guilds*

Idiot nr 2.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

As an arms warrior how should I apply sunders at the start of the fight? I've been going in and popping rend on the target and stacking sunders and overpowering if that procs while I'm stacking, and using sudden death procs if they happen to pop also.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    As an arms warrior how should I apply sunders at the start of the fight? I've been going in and popping rend on the target and stacking sunders and overpowering if that procs while I'm stacking, and using sudden death procs if they happen to pop also.
    That sounds about right. As arms, I charge in, rend, MS (so it can be on CD), then apply 2 - 3 sunders instead of slamming, MS, OP, (execute if it procs anywhere in there), then just follow my regular rotation.
    As fury, I rage up and intercept in, WW, BT, then sunder when appropriate after that.

There are certain fights where I ignore all my procs and whatnot though to get sunders up asap. EX: On 25 ToGC beasts, as soon as the worms come out, we bloodlust on acidmaw. I rend acidmaw then just spam sunder till it's at 5 stacks. It's far more important to get those sunders up for the bloodlust than it is, say, do my 40k or so dmg that I would have done in my regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Cool. Good to know I'm doing that right. I might as well ask about shattering throw and when it's best to use that also. It's on a pretty long cooldown and sometimes I end up never using it in a fight and it feels wasted. Something like Anub it makes sense to do it for phase 3, but other fights I just never seem to know.

What a stupid response.

Let's look at the roster of the top 100 guilds, bet you will find at least 99 of them have a prot warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Cool. Good to know I'm doing that right. I might as well ask about shattering throw and when it's best to use that also. It's on a pretty long cooldown and sometimes I end up never using it in a fight and it feels wasted. Something like Anub it makes sense to do it for phase 3, but other fights I just never seem to know.
    Yeah, that's what I do: replace GCDs normally used for Slam with Sunders. Simple stuff.

If you have hero, pop Shattering Throw then. Otherwise, just look for the best burn phase - some fights have an actual phase where you want to put out as much DPS as possible (either not possible to do later or the best opportunity to do the most damage). That's when most people will be popping CDs. If there is no hero and no burn phase... I'd probably use it sub-20% because everyone wants to burn it down, so you might get more CD popping then.