Thread: Fire Elementals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Fire Elementals

Been experimenting in ToC25 and the fire elemental seems to do more damage, can't wait for the patch :-)

Totally unscientific i know, but seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Applesaus
    I believe the elemental will target whatever you're targeting so even if you leave the totem somewhere he will still go for your target.
    <Snip>
    Nope.

Mine sometimes goes after the adds in the Lord Jaraxxus fight and my job is to purge and iterrupt. I never have the adds targeted.

The only way I have ever found to make sure it goes after the correct target is to make sure that is the ONLY target. If I want it on Jaraxxus, I drop it when none of the adds are out. It then stays on him unless he outranges it. That isn't really an option in Ony though.

I almost never use it strictly to clear adds, it is too unpredictable as to where it goes. I try to put it on the boss when the adds are being tanked nearby so it can AoE them too.

The problem I'm seeing with the fire elemental atm is Firenova..

Sure your elemental "pet" will move away from his totem to do damage, but the totem which will irridiate your fire nova wont as opposed to your magma totem which you resummon each time you move.

(talking as a enh shaman here)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Indeed, that doing its damage PLUS spamming Fire Nova on AoE trash is going to up our dps on such fights significantly.
    considering the tanks manage to tank the adds near your fire totem, that is

Quote Originally Posted by kwekee
    The problem I'm seeing with the fire elemental atm is Firenova..

Sure your elemental "pet" will move away from his totem to do damage, but the totem which will irridiate your fire nova wont as opposed to your magma totem which you resummon each time you move.

(talking as a enh shaman here)
    i don't know if this is really a problem. I mean FN is a new skill so its not like we were relying on being able to cast it to do dps. I would say it comes down to play preference but someone somewhere is probably crunching the numbers on whether the dps of FN+Magma Totem+ the CDs >/</=/ Fire Elemental. If no one is crunching the numbers then its your call. Being able to use Fire Elemental and FN during every fight is a new thing for us like i said before so if you don't feel like watching totem timers and CDs feel free to drop FE...unless the DPS gain is significant i'll probably just go with whatever i feel like (FE cause im lazy >>)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Wrong I'm afraid the cooldown is 10 minutes or 5 minutes if glyphed. You CANNOT have 100% uptime of the Fire Elemental.
    was there a recent change? last i was on the PTR the cooldown was 10 mins, when coupled with the glyph that reduced it by 10 mins it forces the cooldown to be 2 mins, which is the duration the ele is active, meaning if you placed it for its full duration when its desummoned it can be resummoned

just making sure you arent mixing it up with the 5 min "share" cooldown designed to not allow 2 eles up at a time

mod: the current patchnotes available on the site list nothing about the CD reduction of the fire ele glyph being reduced to 5 min (down from 10) so unless its an undocumented change, atm you can infact have a fire ele up 100% of the time
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    was there a recent change? last i was on the PTR the cooldown was 10 mins, when coupled with the glyph that reduced it by 10 mins it forces the cooldown to be 2 mins, which is the duration the ele is active, meaning if you placed it for its full duration when its desummoned it can be resummoned

just making sure you arent mixing it up with the 5 min "share" cooldown designed to not allow 2 eles up at a time

mod: the current patchnotes available on the site list nothing about the CD reduction of the fire ele glyph being reduced to 5 min (down from 10) so unless its an undocumented change, atm you can infact have a fire ele up 100% of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Just to clear some thoughts - the glyph originally reduced the CD by 10min. This changed AFTER the patch where the Elemental CD was reduced to 10mins, so that you could have the 10min CD Elemental and lower it's CD by the glyph to 2min. (2min because there's another CD on our Elementals, let's call it the "global elemental cooldown - which prevents you from putting down an Elemental Totem for 2min after you've put one down.)

So he missed the patch where the glyph was nerfed and therefore thought that it would still be on it's 2min CD in 3.3.
    Please read what others wrote.
    I've already explained the issue with the glyph >_>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin

Yes there was a change about 2 weeks ago that changed the glyph to 5 min CD reduction. Check out the glyph on ptr.wowhead.com ie: at http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=41529 and compare that with live http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41529

I read somewhere that they go after the target you have the most agro on if it is close...which is why they go after Ony not the whelps.

This work of art was made by Paz.