Page 1 of 3
LastLast

You Priests and Cataclysm

My question is simple :

What are you expecting from the next extension : Cataclysm ?

We already know that :
    - Talent trees will be "fun" and completely remade
    - We will have a new spell considered as a spammable nuke like Ice Lance.
    - Hybrids will do less damage than pure dps classes.
    - Spirit will be only a healer stat.

So how do you want your (Disc/Holy/Shadow) Priest to be ?

Are you waiting for something special ?

Here is your list :
    - No change for Disc Gear requirement (spirit)
    - A remake of Lightwell
    - Spammable slowing effect for at least shadow.
    - Some form of movement boosting / immunity ability.
    - A knock back ability
    - Shadow to be a viable PVP/arena spec.

It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: You Priests and Cataclysm

I'm curious how the Disc tree is going play out.
    I remember reading somewhere that spirit is going to be the "healer" stat in Cata.
    As of now, that is rather spooky. I've been disc since TBC launch, and love it. So I hope Disc priests will be able to get the needed crit, mana etc from what Blizz has stated as being cloth healing gear... I seriously doubt they will break Disc, leaving only Holy as the real option

15+ Year Old Account

Hoping theyll finally make lightwell practical.

-Spammable nuke for shadow.
    -Some sort of spammable slowing effect for at least shadow.
    -Some form of movement boosting / immunity ability.
    -A knock back ability would be fun but not needed if other changes are made.
    -Shadow to be a viable PVP/arena spec.

Holy is going to be gutted as half the talents are +% healing ;-)

Should be exciting and somewhat scary! But hopefully more interesting talents will emerge that really have a big impact on what our spells do and how they act. "Body and Soul" is a good example.

Personally im hoping for some updated spell effects to old spells.

Quote Originally Posted by pammie_ysera
    Rumor is they're considering introducing a crazy new spell for this that damages AND slows the target, and isn't on CD, though it will require a point in the shadow tree deep enough to keep it from holy / disc builds. They're going to call it "Mind Flay."

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I am talking about a real slow. Not a channeled slow effect that completly roots you. You know like every other ranged / caster class has but us. Do you understand what I mean now?

-Spammable nuke for shadow.
    -Some form of movement boosting / immunity ability.
    -A knock back ability would be fun but not needed if other changes are made.
    -Shadow to be a viable PVP/arena spec.
    So basically you want to be a mage with heals.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    They're going to call it "Mind Flay."
    LOL

Considering what little the developers have eluded to other than combat will be completely different. And any real data on it will not even show up for maybe a year, why are you even trying to make conclusions or expectations. Remember the new "Whisp" alliance race?

Why would you even want a spammable nuke? Spamming abilities completly ruin the fun of any class

As a warlock I have to post here.

Your slow should be SW:Lethargy (or something creative) and mind-you that it will be talented, and you cannot have SW:P and the slow on the same target.

Voila you get a slow just like warlocks, and just like warlocks very few of you will talent it because you prefer a dmg spell over the stupid slow (Curse of exhaustion..but you know, other than kiting striders at Vashj I've never used the damn thing. CoE, CoA are both much better)

We do have a daze proc talented but I don't get the talent for that part of it...maybe they will give you something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr
    Why would you even want a spammable nuke? Spamming abilities completly ruin the fun of any class
    Because scaling with haste is better than not scaling with haste.

I want chastise back does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Skwirrel
    So basically you want to be a mage with heals.
    No I want to me a viable DPS spec that does more then watch dot timers the whole time. Did I ever say that I wanted to do away with DOTs being the major part of our damage? No I didnt. I just want something more then MF, which is lackluster at best. Apperently I have to spell out every little detail in order for the supposed leet ones to understand. Add a nuke that we can sub in for MF from time to time. Add in some new talented abilities to it as well to give us a reason to cast it. Oh and Hey with a cast able nuke and a slow effect that doesnt lock me down maybe we can have a chance in PVP since as it sits right now all PVP is is burst down you target, which takes far less time then my DOTs to run there full duration.

If you have some constructive critism by all means share it and lets have an intelligent discussion. If all you are doing is reading and then flaming before even thinking save it and move on cause no one cares about your catchy little remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix
    As a warlock I have to post here.

Your slow should be SW:Lethargy (or something creative) and mind-you that it will be talented, and you cannot have SW:P and the slow on the same target.

Voila you get a slow just like warlocks, and just like warlocks very few of you will talent it because you prefer a dmg spell over the stupid slow (Curse of exhaustion..but you know, other than kiting striders at Vashj I've never used the damn thing. CoE, CoA are both much better)

We do have a daze proc talented but I don't get the talent for that part of it...maybe they will give you something like that.
    Actually if they do add a talented slow I am almost positive that 100% of PVP spriests will spec for it because spriests only other form of CC / put distance between you and melee ability is physic scream and physic horror which are both on a rather long CD. Mean while locks still have teleport, a spamable fear, seduce, an aoe fear, and deathcoil. So I can understand why PVP locks wouldnt pick up CoE since they have so many other forms of CC already.

15+ Year Old Account

No I want to me a viable DPS spec that does more then watch dot timers the whole time.
    But you are not a Viable dps Class. You are a viable Healing class given a third spec to help you lvl, do dailys, and provide brief variation basses on Dots and filler. You are NOT a pure dps class so stop QQing because your not beating Mages and Warlocks. Shadow is a gimp Aff lock. Get use to it.

But you are not a Viable dps Class. You are a viable Healing class given a third spec to help you lvl, do dailys, and provide brief variation basses on Dots and filler. You are NOT a pure dps class so stop QQing because your not beating Mages and Warlocks. Shadow is a gimp Aff lock. Get use to it.
    10/10, would be trolled again.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

So does that make shammy's druid's and pally's viable dps classes with a third spec to just help priests heal?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by caintic
    So does that make shammy's druid's and pally's viable dps classes with a third spec to just help priests heal?
    Shamans are a support class. Week in all areas butt heir buffs are nice so we tolerate them. Who would bring a Shaman that didnt lay down totems or give us all that BL fix we're addicted to.
    Druids are THE Hybrid class, they can Tank, DPS, and Heal but they are very focused in aspects of each. (i.e. Druid AoE tanking)
    Pankadins are add tanks. Healadins are Tank healers. See many Pallys liking their raid healing job? And Ret, well nobody like ret because lets face it they give the casters might, dont turn off Crusader Aura, and usually die because they forgot about having Righteous Vengeance on which has no real reason for beign on a DPSs UI

Priest on the other hand are a Healing Class. They have two full trees that excel at it. And with VT, Shadow becomes a support raid healer.

WTB an interrupt.

Shamans are a support class. Week in all areas butt heir buffs are nice so we tolerate them. Who would bring a Shaman that didnt lay down totems or give us all that BL fix we're addicted to.
    Druids are THE Hybrid class, they can Tank, DPS, and Heal but they are very focused in aspects of each. (i.e. Druid AoE tanking)
    Pankadins are add tanks. Healadins are Tank healers. See many Pallys liking their raid healing job? And Ret, well nobody like ret because lets face it they give the casters might, dont turn off Crusader Aura, and usually die because they forgot about having Righteous Vengeance on which has no real reason for beign on a DPSs UI

Priest on the other hand are a Healing Class. They have two full trees that excel at it. And with VT, Shadow becomes a support raid healer.
    sooooo.... very...... dumb...... i'm dying....
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US