15+ Year Old Account

[RESTO] Gear replacement & gemming advice

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=spazztastic

First there's my armory. Now onto the advice I need from the resto shaman community. My guild is going to be pushing 3 25 man ToC groups starting this week which includes alts & mains mixed in the 3 groups in hopes of gearing out some of the new people, getting some people their 5 piece (for the set collectors), and offering to allow alts who we sometimes bring in for an extra dps/healer/tank to get T9 too without having to deal with pugs all to get people geared up for ICC. My shaman is one of the alts that have been doing our various 10 man groups when my priest is saved & we needed a healer. He will now be part of our 25 man groups to help get him geared up too. I currently have 45 emblems so I can afford gloves or shoulders atm. As you can see, I'm still rocking 2p 7.5 (shoulders & gloves). I do know that I don't want to get my gloves as my first T9 because they could always drop in VOA and then it would be wasted emblems in my eyes. What I don't know is should I go with my shoulders first or wait for 50 and get my pants which would be a really big upgrade too. I know that pants can drop from VOA too but when comparing T9 gloves & pants the pants are a HUGE upgrade from my current non-tier ones (red/yellow socket, 2 mp5, 15 int, 4 SP, and 7 crit) while the gloves are what I would consider a slight upgrade (yellow instead of red socket, 22 SP, lose crit to pick up haste, and 7 mp5).

Next thing might sound strange but I can see logic in it lol. For my offhand I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40700 but I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47913 from one of our 10 mans because I figured it was an upgrade for hit for my ele set. After looking at the stats & taking the hit factor away I noticed that it could very well be an upgrade for my resto set lol. I would lose the 19 mp5 and trade crit for haste, lose 11 int (factored in the increased int - 25 int enchant to shield) but I would pick up a yellow socket with a bonus of 5 SP. If I gemmed with dazzling eye of zul I would only lose 1 int & 14 mp5 though to pick up 15 SP and get the haste instead of crit. Question is, is it worth it or should I stick with the shield?

Onto crafting gear. I have access to all of the TOC & Ulduar crafted gear. I've got a LW who can farm the furs & have the rest of the mats in the bank as it is. Are the boots, bracers, and belt worth getting crafted?

Lastly, how should we be gemming now with the changes to replinishment and such? Should we still be stacking int over other stats or should we be going with SP mixed in too along with haste/crit and what about mp5 combo gems?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [RESTO] Gear replacement & gemming advice

Okay, tier pieces -

You want 4 part set bonus, of the 5 pieces you want helm, shoulders, chest and gloves. Do not by the legs, they are the worst part of the set and there are 2 pairs of pants dropping in TotC you can use instead.
    I would buy the chest or shoulders first.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47289 from Faction Champions and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47318 are the ones you want.

About the offhand, i wouldnt use the offhand over the shield for 3 reasons.

The gem you want to put in it is not one you want to prio over haste.
    You also need the 12 intellect you would loose.
    Last but not least; do not ever underestimate survival, an offhand would never be able to save you while a shield might.
    Always get most possible survability (10 stats on chest, 15 stamina + minor run speed on boots).

Always gem for haste, haste haste and more haste, get rid of the horrible spirit weapon, dont use items that has crit/spellpower/mp5 or at least try to get items that has haste/mp5/spellpower or haste/crit/spellpower instead.
    You also have too much mp5 in my oppinion, you dont need that much.

Craft the cloth bracers made of crusader orbs called Bejeweled Wizards Bracers, they are BiS for resto shamans.
    It would also be worth it to craft both boots and belt from Runed Orbs, specially belt as you will get 3 sockets which you will ofcourse gem with alot of haste.

Dont ever gem spellpower or crit, again, haste haste haste, regardless gear this is the only way to effectively heal.
    You shouldnt stack either intellect or mana, its a waste of stats.

15+ Year Old Account

OK first off the weapon I have is the best I've had drop for me. Before that I was using something from Naxx. I didn't get it because of the spirit but because the stats on it were better unenchanted than my enchanted weapon from Naxx. Also the pants you linked are still needed by main raiders and would go to them first. We've had ONE drop so far for us and even then it was just this week we got one (one Reign of Dead, no solace of fallen, no dual-blade butcher, no death's choice) as our guild has always been plagued by shitty drops for BIS items. As for the Bejeweled bracers, I'd rather not fork out that much gold on an alt to have BOE bracers. I made the cloth myself for my priest and still had to spend about 500g after using my tailoring CDs for the 2 weeks to make them. The leather or mail ones I could easily farm for with my hunter who's a skinner.

So other than going BIS pants off FC, what 4 pieces should I get for 4p T9? Ony helm & the rest tier? Also when did shaman stop gemming for int & move into full haste? I do have to disagree with you about me having too much mp5. I currently have only have 452 mp5 while casting and 20541 mana. That's pretty low from what I see most other shaman & other healers having.

We moved into haste in 3.2 when they changed how Tidal Waves affected LHW. Generally, You should be getting most of your int/mp5/sp from gear and gemming/enchanting for haste whenever possible since it is now a huge benefit to CH, LHW and HW. Your mana is a bit low, but since it's an alt, I wouldn't worry about it too much since it will come with gear. Your mp5 is fine.

As for T9, go for chest, shoulders and gloves first since they have haste on them. Although the legs mentioned would be your best upgrade (and then go with the T9 head for the 4th piece), if your main raiders still need it, grab whatever is an upgrade to either slot (preferably with haste), and then fill the other with your T9.

15+ Year Old Account

Its so sad when people post on this forum asking for advice.

You asked for what was best, now i told you whats best and you cba spending gold (after saying all BoE's were availeble to you), main raiders need shit etc.
    Go and pug it honestly, cant imagine pugs being that horrible.
    If you dont wanna follow the advice then suit yourself, but then i have a hard time understanding why you asked in the first place.

On the mp5 part, again, sure disagree all you want, you asked for advice, i told you how it is.
    The resto shamans you seem to talk about who has alot of mp5 has to be clueless about their class, you seem to be a follow up.

Onyxia helm? Definately not.

Would be so nice if clueless people could stop forming bad shamans aswell, thank you very very much.

merlin's robe is MUCH better in every statistic then the t9 chest. also keep in mind that if youre running with alts and such that fights may tend to last a little longer so you may want to gem a little into MP5 to avoid ooming long encounters like beasts. besides that the basicformula i use is "once i have around 300 mp5, SP>Haste>Crit>intellect"
    merely-a-setback protodrake

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Its so sad when people post on this forum asking for advice.

You asked for what was best, now i told you whats best and you cba spending gold (after saying all BoE's were availeble to you), main raiders need shit etc.
    Try actually rereading my post. I never asked what was BEST; I asked for advice on upgrades to my current gear & what pieces of T9 I should be picking up first based on my current gear. I suggested possibly shoulders or legs since I have T8 helm/chest and would automatically break my riptide bonus replacing those first. I said all the BOEs were available to me when I said "Onto crafting gear. I have access to all of the TOC & Ulduar crafted gear. I've got a LW who can farm the furs & have the rest of the mats in the bank as it is. Are the boots, bracers, and belt worth getting crafted?". I didn't ask about the cloth bracers which I can actually make myself. I asked about the LW stuff because that's far easier for me to farm for this alt with another one of my alts. Again I shall point out where I said that our raids will be comprised of main raiders & alts to firstly gear up a main that needs something and then it goes to alts then offspecs. Its why we are moving from the 1 TOC we normally do before pushing progression in TOGC to 2 probably 3 TOC before pushing TOGC.

As for your comment about clueless people forming bad shaman, I'm sure I've been playing a shaman way longer than you have. I took a break from WoW for a few months and my shaman is an ALT in addition to that. I know there were quite a few changes to shaman and all other classes while I was gone which is why I was asking about the gemming now. Hell 3.3 is going to change every single gem I have on my priest in additon to a lot of her gear too. Things change; its a fact of life. Even with a couple months off of WoW things change which could totally change your gear or gemming selections for certain classes. Right now I'm looking at getting him some more gear to be a more effective healer when time comes that I need to be one for us. So thanks for your elitiest attitude when someone is asking for advice.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, im well aware of what you wrote, but why on earth would you want to craft something worse than BiS?
    I dont have the imagination to understand the point in that.
    Ofcourse i will anytime suggest you get BiS, but i forgot that this forum is about alts.

Of what i am used to, you go from greens to full epic in 2 days, sad but true. Ragnaros is definately nothing special but my alts are all in BiS gear as far as it allows and ive pugged my way to it.
    I really dont understand why you would want to level up, spend time and money on something thats not the best but then we are so very different i guess.
    Thats just exactly what makes the game so bad today, baddies.

I dont see what the pointer to which way you do the 25man has any meaning, you are not allowed to pug on your alt and get gear rather than passing for mains? I fail to see the point and perhaps your guild does aswell.

I also doubt you played shaman any longer than me, infact ive played shaman since the start of Vanilla on 3 different characters.

To your point about life and things change, all i can say is: wow, i didnt know.

Elitist attitude, maybe maybe, if one who knows her class better than you do, spend her time typing posts to tell you what to go for whereefter you call her an elitist, say that im wrong and has no clue yourself, then sure, im that elitist.

Its so funny to see time after time that people ask for advice, they get it, and they go against the advice, what more do you want?
    Sure i could be a scrub like the rest of the people that post here and tell you 'TO GET MORE MP5, STACK INT ETC CAUSE ITS GOOD AND ALL' but i wont cause im not that kind of person and im more than tired of all the horrible resto shamans out there.

Fun fact; the fail % of resto shamans regarding their class are higher than other classes.

Sorry for helping you on the road to become a good resto shaman, ill leave you to the clueless people.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Ragnaros is definately nothing special but my alts are all in BiS gear as far as it allows and ive pugged my way to it.
    I really dont understand why you would want to level up, spend time and money on something thats not the best but then we are so very different i guess.
    Really? Really now. You say that all of your alts are in BIS and how you pug them out huh? Since when did the JC blue trinket & the brewfest trinket become BIS? What about those 10 man Icehowl bracers being BIS or even an upgrade to the crafted ones? Or that Ulduar cloak being BiS. But surely that emblem of conquest neck you have is BIS right? What about 2p CONQ T9, that's got to be BIS? How about that NAXX ring you've got on there, is it BIS? What about the flowing robes of ascent with your priest? Are they better than the Royal Moonshoud robe (I hear disc priests like stacking haste instead of crit)? Or how about that Conq helm you have on which is definately worse than the Ony helm, that's BIS right? Surely that 10 man normal mode Iron Council ring she's got on is BIS right? I also heard that sporting Naxx & Ulduar gear when you've got dual-blade butcher helps make those Naxx pieces BIS especially when 1/2 your gear has blue gems in it...amirite? But Cryptfiend's Bite from Naxx is still the BIS weapon for hunter right? Same goes for the belt off Maexxna right because the crafted piece belt of dragons is a downgrade right? I also hear that slippers of holy light from valor badges is BIS and that the savior's and spellslingers are actually a downgrade to those...right? Finally I heard that all tanks are moving from the Argent Crusade helm enchant to the +12 stam armor kit and don't enchant anything on their gloves...at least all the good ones do...right?

Yeah you sure do have all your alts in BIS gear with BIS gems and BIS enchants. Word of advice, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

As for the rest of your crap reply, I choose not to pug out 25 mans or 10 mans with my shaman because I reserve him for guild needs. I do VOA & Ony with him. My hunter does pug the rest of the stuff out & I'm not asking about advice for him. And the other people posting didn't say "'TO GET MORE MP5, STACK INT ETC CAUSE ITS GOOD AND ALL". They commented that my mana pool was low but my mp5 was fine. They never suggested that I gem for mp5 or spellpower or int at all.

Again I will say, I haven't played WoW for a few months & came back recently with a lot of changes in place. Before I left INT & crit were the stats resto shaman stacked and it was moving into haste, int, mp5 & spellpower instead (Ensidia's shaman was recommending it). That is why I was asking if we were still stacking int or we moved onto other stats like we apparently have. Things changed & I'm adjusting to what we should be stacking now. I would have just went over to his website and checked it out but I've got a new computer & lost his link.

Also, I'd love to see these shaman you played since the start of vanilla wow because as I see it, you started playing this shaman of yours during BC not pre-BC. You have no old pvp title at all and even grunt was easy to get because it only required 10 HKs total over your life (not in a week). My shaman here is the 4th version of my shaman because of transfer changes and not liking the look of him a couple times. You can check all of my non-BE alts and see they have their pvp titles from back in the day. Where's yours?

15+ Year Old Account

OH and grats on your mace. We all can't be lucky enough to show our boobs to a bunch of geeky guys playing WoW or talk sexy enough to them on vent to give us one too. Grats to you though cause I'm sure you deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    merlin's robe is MUCH better in every statistic then the t9 chest. also keep in mind that if youre running with alts and such that fights may tend to last a little longer so you may want to gem a little into MP5 to avoid ooming long encounters like beasts. besides that the basicformula i use is "once i have around 300 mp5, SP>Haste>Crit>intellect"
    Not if you need it to maintain T9 set bonus. In fact delta between Melins and 245 T9 chest is small.

@ OP. If you are serious, stop being a tight arse and get the crafted stuff crafted.

read and run that http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t55869-r...n_hep_reports/, then look at the loot lists in lootrank, make sure you untick the area's you dont think you will get your shammy into.... rinse and repeat

If you are not serious... then wear what you loot, and enjoy the class.

Esr.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh, im sorry, i didnt know you had the need to go and be a sexist, if so i would have sat down to explain before hand.
    I really truely do feel sorry for you that you had to take it there, tells more about you than me im afraid.

I also think you forgot to read now, i remember writing "as much as its availeble to me".
    And ofcourse, it was silly of me not to explain it better for you which i should have since your ability to understand and listen seems broken.
    If i would play all my alts, and have bis in every slot, then i would not only be very rich and flash my boobs, id also probably be dead from never sleeping, eating and that would make me very stupid.
    Going into details about my alts gear, why i have what and so would make me seem just as lowlife as you, so i wont, ill gladly explain you in a pm if you care so much

Again, there is a difference between asking, demanding, and not listening, you chose the last 2, not my problem that you are such a stubborn little man/boy?

As for your request,
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...naros&n=Emouni
    the second one is on a inactive account hence its not even shown on armory, as i said, 3 different characters, this one ive only played for a year.

About people commenting, they would have been here and they might still come, depends if they like the douche attitude.
    Look at the other 1000000 HOW TO GEAR MY ALT posts and youll see.

I do not care about all the other useless information you felt the need to sell out, so i wont be commenting it as it has no relevance.
    Now ive been a kid for the next year probably, too bad i had to sink to your level but hell, i need to have some fun once in a while aswell.
    Have fun with your scrub alt shaman, i wish you the best of luck whereever you go and whatever you do, though, would you pass a fire, please stand in it

Deleted

Well I was planning to offer some helpful surgestions but seeing as what ever anyone surgests you shun and disagree I don't see the point.
    You mentioned meks guide, have you read it since its been updated and he says its worth stacking haste?
    Also the FAQ explains each stat worth getting. As Eel said the legs are not worth getting. Infact everything Eel has said seems correct, but you seemed to take the surgestions as some sort of personal attack.

You have enough mp5. Your int is low but that comes with gear. Haste is now the number one stat with us.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    OH and grats on your mace. We all can't be lucky enough to show our boobs to a bunch of geeky guys playing WoW or talk sexy enough to them on vent to give us one too. Grats to you though cause I'm sure you deserved it.
    That Just makes you look like a jealous sexist douche.

Can we get this thread locked?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...shaman-forums/
    Personal attacks + flaming wars are not allowed.

Sorry all, but the thread turned to crap. The personal attacks won't be allowed.