Which trinket should i stick with ?

So i was wondering if any of you veterans could help me out

I've just reached 40k unbuffed hp and i was thinking is it better to lose the extra 2k ish hp from one of my brewfest trinkets and to use the ony trinket ?

Heres my armoury if it helps : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nilash&n=Tarla

Re: Which trinket should i stick with ?

Honestly, both trinkets are bad. If you have access to Uld 25, go get Heart of Iron to replace brewfest trinkets...asap. And if mitigation is your concern: IE using the Ony trinket, the Valorous badge one would be rated better as you're well over the 540 required defense rating.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarla
    So i was wondering if any of you veterans could help me out

I've just reached 40k unbuffed hp and i was thinking is it better to lose the extra 2k ish hp from one of my brewfest trinkets and to use the ony trinket ?

Heres my armoury if it helps : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nilash&n=Tarla
    in roughly 100 seconds the ony trinket will give you 2k hp, so if you plan on being in a boss fight for more than 1 min. and 40 sec the ony trinket will give more hp overall.

2000 (roughly what the brewfest trink gives) / 101 (hp5 from ony trink if i remember right) = 19 5-second intervals. 19 x 5 = 99.0099 seconds rounded up to 100 for simplicity.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

If you're in ToC or ToGC, stamina stamina stamina. The Ony trinket is not bad (at least for a warrior or paladin), however ToC and ToGC are so full of unavoidable damage that you need to stack stamina in order to survive. It's kind of sad, I hope that ICC is different, but that's the way it is right now. Go with the Brewfest trinket most of the time, and save the Ony trinket for Vezax or your Anub unhittable/block set. I agree that you should aim for Heart of Iron (from 25 Ignis) or the Royal Seal (from 10 yogg) if at all possible, but the Brewfest trinket will make do for now.

One thing I noticed in your armory, though, is that your spec is bad. Use this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMh0c

There are a few variations you can make, like dropping Pursuit of Justice for 2 more points in Conviction, but it hits all the core stuff.

• Divinity mostly contribute to overheals, and even in the rare cases that it affects actual healing, it's a negligible increase. Drop it
    • You only need one point in Spiritual Attunement to keep your mana bar full in a raid setting
    • Crusade is a better threat talent than Seals of the Pure, because most of the bosses and mobs in ToC and ToGC meet the criteria for the full 6% damage
    • Vindication offers a lot of damage mitigation for a measly 2 points

tbh i lol everytime i see someone use the brewfest trinket. you need to get rid of it asap. the ony trinket is could for an avoidance set as it has high def + parry. but i wouldnt keep it in a standard build

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    tbh i lol everytime i see someone use the brewfest trinket. you need to get rid of it asap. the ony trinket is could for an avoidance set as it has high def + parry. but i wouldnt keep it in a standard build
    Because +170 stamina is just so BAD *eyeroll*

Not everyone has the time to farm Heart of Iron, the Royal Seal, and/or Satrina's... some tanks are alts, some tanks are limited by time, some people absolutely hate Ulduar and aren't going to run it for one or two drops

My point is, the Brewfest trinkets are both convenient and pretty good. What's wrong with using them? I don't understand.

What's wrong with them? Coming from a Main Tank perspective here...but trinkets without some kind of useful 'on use' ability are horrible. I ran with my JC Crab and Heart of Iron for a long time. Having an extra 13% dodge to use in a clutch moment was so much more useful to me than trying for an extra 500 health offered by running Brewfest trinkets/oh lookie, a random add just for lewls. Yes, I'm aware I'm running Jugg's Vit now, but it does have a bit of usefulness to the 'on use'...granted I don't particularly like it, but w/e.

If a person doesn't have time to run these raids, then they should honestly be considering threat trinkets as they're health pools shouldn't matter (personal opinion here) as they're obviously confined to 5 man heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by shetan
    If a person doesn't have time to run these raids, then they should honestly be considering threat trinkets as they're health pools shouldn't matter (personal opinion here) as they're obviously confined to 5 man heroics.
    So your stance is, if somebody is not 100% dedicated to min/maxing their toon, and doesn't run Ulduar because they don't want to and/or there are only a few upgrades there... that they are only in 5-man heroics?

Either you're trolling, or you're an idiot. Choose one.

I agree that the Brewfest trinkets are less than ideal because of the lack of an on-use, but the simple fact that they have so much stamina makes up for that. Like I said, they're convenient and pretty good - if you don't have the Ulduar or ToC trinkets, what's wrong with using them?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    So your stance is, if somebody is not 100% dedicated to min/maxing their toon, and doesn't run Ulduar because they don't want to and/or there are only a few upgrades there... that they are only in 5-man heroics?

Either you're trolling, or you're an idiot. Choose one.

I agree that the Brewfest trinkets are less than ideal because of the lack of an on-use, but the simple fact that they have so much stamina makes up for that. Like I said, they're convenient and pretty good - if you don't have the Ulduar or ToC trinkets, what's wrong with using them?
    / agree
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm not quite either, mate. Using the Titansteel crafted stuff is along the same lines of using these two trinkets. So what they're easy to get but how many more available, more useful items, are there to get if you just put in a tad bit of work? There are 2 badge trinkets for tanking that I...again...I...view as being much better than straight stam. I believe the Glyph of Indomitability is rated as having more EH than one of these trinkets and guess what...it has a useful 'on use' and also it's just a few days of work to get the badges needed. Same with the Valor of the First War.

If the OP is not concerned with his health any longer after reaching 40k, then these are much better trinkets in terms of offering more mitigation/avoidance stats.

Quote Originally Posted by shetan
    I'm not quite either, mate. Using the Titansteel crafted stuff is along the same lines of using these two trinkets. So what they're easy to get but how many more available, more useful items, are there to get if you just put in a tad bit of work? There are 2 badge trinkets for tanking that I...again...I...view as being much better than straight stam. I believe the Glyph of Indomitability is rated as having more EH than one of these trinkets and guess what...it has a useful 'on use' and also it's just a few days of work to get the badges needed. Same with the Valor of the First War.

If the OP is not concerned with his health any longer after reaching 40k, then these are much better trinkets in terms of offering more mitigation/avoidance stats.
    Glyph of Indomitability is a fantastic trinket for mainly physical damage. For anything that does a heavy amount of elemental or magical damage (which is a lot of bosses), pure stamina is better.

The emblem dodge trinket is mediocre at best. Arguably better than Brewfest trinkets for mainly physical (read: avoidable) damage, total crap against magic damage.

BTW there is no reason for anyone to wear the Titansteel boots since there is a superior drop in reg ToC, which is easily farmable. The Titansteel helm can be replaced with emblems of conquest, which only takes a few days of heroic farming. The Brewfest trinkets are much, much harder to replace.

Its easy to reach 40k unbuffed health with 2 brewfest trinkets, but aside from the huge amount of stam there is no other benefit from using them.

I'd drop one of those for the reg toc trinket immediately and getting the Triumph badge trinket as soon as possible.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotnobubble
    Its easy to reach 40k unbuffed health with 2 brewfest trinkets, but aside from the huge amount of stam there is no other benefit from using them.

I'd drop one of those for the reg toc trinket immediately and getting the Triumph badge trinket as soon as possible.

Everyone hates the brewfest trinkets. I hate them, you hate them. However, if you theorycraft the numbers, avoidance trinkets don't hold up. If you can farm high stamina with a use trinket, awesome. If not, the brewfest trinkets are best in slot.
    However, that being said, there is nothing wrong with sitting at 38K HP and evening out the damage you take with a nice avoidance/mitigation trinket. I tank both ways, and never seem to have a problem in regular or heroic raids.

gogo brew trinks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)