Improved Hunter's Mark

Just looking for some advice, i was wondering since i run the cookie cutter MM spec which talents i would be able to switch out for the improved hunters mark my guild is missing. Would taking any talent out be worth it anyway? ill link my armory just in case
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...assil&n=Kenral im aware perhaps a gem or two might be wrong but this isnt about my gear atm i was just looking for a real response for my spec situation

Re: Improved Hunter's Mark

Yeah, you have some spec issues.

First, you should have 2/2 Focused Fire.

You are a gear level where you should only be using arcane when moving and having nothing else up, so 3/3 Improved Arcane is a waste.

You might look to dropping to 1 point (or 0, if you have no mana issues) in Rapid Recuperation, if you need to free up points.

Taking 3/3 IHM will likely be a slight dps loss for you personally, but you could probably still put points there if you make the adjustments I've suggested.

There is one gear issue that I have to address, aside from gemming (although for some reason, you are using a blue gem to activate a hit bonus -- that is bad): you have an absurdly high hit rating, and you could likely gain more dps by selecting some non-hit items (even some with slightly lower iLev).

(Edit: you only have 1 minor glyph activated. You might also find the feign death glyph to be helpful.)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MskdEnigma
    Just looking for some advice, i was wondering since i run the cookie cutter MM spec which talents i would be able to switch out for the improved hunters mark my guild is missing. Would taking any talent out be worth it anyway? ill link my armory just in case
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...assil&n=Kenral im aware perhaps a gem or two might be wrong but this isnt about my gear atm i was just looking for a real response for my spec situation
    Dont know where you got "that" cookie cutter specc from, but since its a total piece of garbage id suggest to go check up on in again.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cxbZ0...uAox00b:fbZMz0 1 flooating point in HM that can be moved to either hit or what ever you feel like you need.

well I got it here on MMO messed up on the focused fire thing and was to lazy to go fix it up again, the hit issue was back when i had real low hit and I dont have other pieces to replace those hit pieces with. The gem thing is to keep my meta gem active right before i found out about Nightmare's Tear but yeah thanks for the criticism. I wouldn't go so far as to say its a piece of shit because i only have like 3 points wrong but its w/e people have different views. On another note my arcane shot is hitting about a good 1-1.5k more damage right now in my gear over steady shot whats the logic behind dropping improved arcane shot? not trying to be against you or anything but I'm just curious. Would those 3 points being spent in improved hunters mark be worth dropping arcane shot?

piercing shots, u need to do everything to keep it up and running and to keep adding to its dmg. Thats what entire pve MM is about. U only use ArcS if you have to move and your CS and AS are on cd.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...n=Phoen%C3%ACx

this spec with flotig talents are from focus aim to ISS and back depends on your hit
    take ISS only ih you have hit from gear bicose if you dotn have hit focus aim give you more dps then ISS but if you have you take ISS yust to fill spec

and when you take talents dotn froget to slap gliph to

Since u asked about Arcane over steady I will post this old equation i made again

(x*y)+(x1*1,3*y1)= Q
    where x is your average steady shot dmg and y is ur chance to only hit divided by 100.
    x1 is ur average steady crit which is multiplicated with 1,3 due to "piercing wounds" and y1 is ur chance to crit with steady shot divided by 100. Q is then the average dmg of steady shot.

(z*v)+(z1*v1)= P
    Z is your average arcane shot dmg and v is ur chance to only hit divided by 100.
    z1 is ur average arcane shot crit, however, "Piercing wounds" does not affect this, and v1 is ur chance to crit with arcane shot divided by 100. P is then the average dmg of arcane shot.

If you have left "%" completely out of the equation(due to the fact that we divide by 100) u will be able to see what shot deals more dmg.
    If Q is higher than P u should leave arcane shot out of ur rotation untill u have to move on an encounter. If P is higher than Q u are not rdy to drop arcane shot from ur rotation.

Btw if u have any points in Imp. arcane shot, put them somewhere else before u take the test. And the best dmg-specc doesn't involv Imp.arcane anyways

and before any of u say it's not understandable, please read it thoroughly.. it explains itself

10+ Year Old Account

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?hunt...NaHC,IwY,10952

This is what you would want to use. You can actually skip Trueshot Aura if you got other people to provide it. (And fill up other talents, like the steady shot-procc talent.)

Don't use arcane shot as marksman. It is just bad.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I did take points from the Talent that gave you mana from Rapid Fire (forgot the name) and put those points into Improved Hunter's Mark. I also ditched Kill Shot for Glyph of Hunters Mark.

This would turn your Hunters Mark up to 750 AP (Up from 500 AP), which considering the amount of physical DPS in a 25 Man Raid is a very significant buff. At the sacrifice of less Kill Shots and Mana Regain (which is countered by a Mana Battery), I would say its worth it overall.

i myself wouldnt take imp hunters mark over the mana regen, simply because i stricty raid 10mans, where having a mana-judger paladin, 2 blessings, water totems AND replenishment is quite hard to achieve and have fun in....

so yeah...
    dont take imp HM, unless you dont ever have mana proplems in 25man (meaning that you never ever go into viper when doing dmg).