Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    demonic portal and its usefulness is sad since on twins you can have orbs spawned ontop of it when porting and gib yourself, im not pointing out that its anything hard or that i fail on it yet im pointing that warlocks (compared to mages as rival casters) have NO tools to escape/evade those
    Soo, your point is that locks wouldn't have problems if they just L2P? Man, I feel like someone else mentioned that recently. I can't remember who though. For some reason all I can think of is the color blue, poltergeists, and babies before they can walk.

  2. #42

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    demonic portal and its usefulness is sad since on twins you can have orbs spawned ontop of it when porting and gib yourself, im not pointing out that its anything hard or that i fail on it yet im pointing that warlocks (compared to mages as rival casters) have NO tools to escape/evade those
    A Mage can Blink right into them no?
    You have a choice, die without moving or move and have a chance to live

  3. #43

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    Okay, we got a lock that is second on almost every fight.
    But your biggest flaws is the fights. Both Jaraxxus and beasts are very good fights for arcanemages since we got an insane burst.
    so to set straight (talking about heroic), they got the upper head on jeraxxus (spellsteal and burst) beasts (burst) fc (pvp fight, matters not)
    twins (gimmick fight, arcane barage while moving and opness of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44394) fire on anub(ffb fb)
    living bomb aoe and warlocks run dry out of mana unable to lifetap in p3

    not counting fc, 4/4 bosses in toc give them gimmick advantages
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

  4. #44

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Just putting this one out there for future reference...

  5. #45

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    A Mage can Blink right into them no?
    You have a choice, die without moving or move and have a chance to live
    really hard to aim with blink is it

    Soo, your point is that locks wouldn't have problems if they just L2P? Man, I feel like someone else mentioned that recently. I can't remember who though. For some reason all I can think of is the color blue, poltergeists, and babies before they can walk.
    pick another thread to troll will y?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

  6. #46

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    so to set straight (talking about heroic), they got the upper head on jeraxxus (spellsteal and burst) beasts (burst) fc (pvp fight, matters not)
    twins (gimmick fight, arcane barage while moving and opness of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44394) fire on anub(ffb fb)
    living bomb aoe and warlocks run dry out of mana unable to lifetap in p3

    not counting fc, 4/4 bosses in toc give them gimmick advantages
    .... so?

    I'll say it again

    Mommy, i have the yellow ball, but Timmy has the red ball! I WANT THE RED BALL!

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    This entire post by GC is trash simply because the problem with locks is to be found more in their mechanics than it is in bullshit numbers.

    You people are all letting yourself get distracted by this MEANINGLESS everlasting bullshit numbers talk, that has absolutely nothing to do with what Warlocks need, I mean if corruption ticked for 10k a pop and made us #1 in every meter we'd still need quite a bit of work.

    JESUS enough with the small nerd big epeen talk.

  8. #48

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    .... so?

    I'll say it again

    Mommy, i have the yellow ball, but Timmy has the red ball! I WANT THE RED BALL!

    4 / 4


    4/4

    4/4
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral DaDimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    You know... you're really great at destroying your own points... really, really great...

    You beat those 2 mages on Northrend Beasts. Not in DPS, but in damage - and damage is what counts there. (you know, Arcane Mages have NO DoTs up - therefore they have huge DPS values, while the "damage done" is as high as others, at least in fights where you can't deal damage 100% of the time)
    You were really close to a mage at Jaraxxus, although they can Spellsteal their ass off in that fight - I mean hey, best mages get 13-14k DPS in it.
    And then you were on par with a mage on Twins, where Arcane get's ~1k Spellpower more, thanks to the absorb-buff always being up.


    Now, the thing is: You could argue that your mages suck big time, seeing as their DPS at Jaraxxus and Twins is too low... but those two fights profit mages the most. IF you want a closer comparison, do Beasts.
    Pure single target, no buffs/absorbs/whatever. Bad for melees, but it's nearly always the case that either Melee OR Ranged have an advantage.


    Locks are fine, GC is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    demonic portal and its usefulness is sad since on twins you can have orbs spawned ontop of it when porting and gib yourself, im not pointing out that its anything hard or that i fail on it yet im pointing that warlocks (compared to mages as rival casters) have NO tools to escape/evade those
    Yeah, because getting back to your portal (which you can see and know where it is, therefore can't be so full of fail to actually port into a huge chunk of orbs) is totally different from porting 20yards in front of you, where, because it's mages, no orbs will ever be.
    fail


    PS: Elemental shaman here, all I can do to lose aggro: Die and don't Ankh. (Wind Shear sucks as much as the thing of Rogues)
    All I can do when there's orbs all around me: Die and maybe Ankh afterwards.

    So, you can at least lower your aggro on CD. Only 2 classes can get immune to all damage and that's paladins and mages. Haven't seen the other 8 classes QQ about this as much, you know...

    Gosh, so many posts every minute >_>

  10. #50

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    really hard to aim with blink is it

    pick another thread to troll will y?
    You made the point that locks don't have the tolls to escape things that are escaped by NOT SUCKING. Sounds like an L2P issue to me. Give it up. GC is right.

    Boo hoo, mages have more room to be stupid. Good. I'd rather stupid players were forced to stop playing locks. Then when people say "man, we could use a lock" I get to be that lock, because all the bads rerolled mage or whatever.

    PS. you should reroll mage.

  11. #51
    Stood in the Fire Zharkoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    358

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    really hard to aim with blink is it

    aiming with demonic circle aint hard either, if u use ur common sense and place it somwhere logican before or straight after engaging combat
    credits go to cazy

  12. #52

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by timb111
    By 'insanely op' I take it you mean 'not quite as good as unholy dks'.
    true, but while in meta, i pass/reach mages and rogues in dps charts.
    And then again, you talked about a class that is meant to lead dps in that fight.
    I dont see DKs buffing raid with 300-400 spell power.

    Every fight is a completely different prespective, and Dks QQ over my dps in every single other encounter in heroic toc and algalon, when im not demo, im destro.

    "Omg, destro locks are so op, and they are casters... caster is faceroll".

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon
    aiming with demonic circle aint hard either, if u use ur common sense and place it somwhere logican before or straight after engaging combat
    I guess you've never tried to put DC somewhere logical considering you can't even spell the word.

  14. #54

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Sigh...I wish there was a way to keep these threads off the main page until at least a few pages of intelligent discussion is posted to scare off the wannabes, but seeing as this is not the case...

    For the hundredth time, we are not talking about your mediocre guild on your podunk server. We are talking about the trends documented both in logs, simcraft and by anecdotal evidence by high end raiding guilds.

    The trend documented in logs like Wow-meter and World of Logs is that when you take the best of the best in every class, warlocks are barely scratching the top 100 and are consistently in the lower half of DPS rankings.

    The trend documented in simcraft- and frankly isn't that hard to understand without it- is that there are serious scaling issues with warlocks that has gotten progressively worse since Ulduar.

    And the anecdotal trend is that more and more progression oriented guilds are using one Demonic Pact warlock and no mas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    since when did blink and iceblock dump threat...? ¬.¬

    On topic warlocks do some pretty insane damage, ive seen some some pretty skilled affliction locks preform well in raids.
    I'm afraid you just made it too easy. Unless you're still raiding Naxx, almost all raiding warlocks are either destro or demo.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  15. #55

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon
    aiming with demonic circle aint hard either, if u use ur common sense and place it somwhere logican before or straight after engaging combat
    since most of the fights of toc make you adapt your movement you cant use demonic circle properly except for fights like jerasomething and beasts
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

  16. #56
    Stood in the Fire Zharkoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    358

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    I guess you've never tried to put DC somewhere logical considering you can't even spell the word.
    first i agree @ u that ppl should stop QQIng
    second.. oh yeah this thread is about being a grammar nazi right
    credits go to cazy

  17. #57

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape

    I'm afraid you just made it too easy. Unless you're still raiding Naxx, almost all raiding warlocks are either destro or demo.
    Maybe you missed the part where GC was obviously talking about 3.3, so here's a tip: GC was talking about 3.3.

    He's also talking about using affliction in 3.3. You know, because it got an overhaul and scales better now.

    Good try though.

  18. #58

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Maybe you missed the part where GC was obviously talking about 3.3, so here's a tip: GC was talking about 3.3.

    He's also talking about using affliction in 3.3. You know, because it got an overhaul and scales better now.

    Good try though.
    Still noone will go Affliction because it sucks on like every fight ICC.

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire Zharkoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    358

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    since most of the fights of toc make you adapt your movement you cant use demonic circle properly except for fights like jerasomething and beasts
    and champions to gtfo from deathknights grip lolstorm and w/e
    and twin valkyrs to get to a portal quikly
    and anub (using the tact premonition does) by placing ur circle @ the current used ices so u can survive easily if u get a double pursue
    credits go to cazy

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape

    For the hundredth time, we are not talking about your mediocre guild on your podunk server. We are talking about the trends documented both in logs, simcraft and by anecdotal evidence by high end raiding guilds.

    The trend documented in logs like Wow-meter and World of Logs is that when you take the best of the best in every class, warlocks are barely scratching the top 100 and are consistently in the lower half of DPS rankings.
    That's exactly what's wrong with this entire discussion we're talking about a worthless response to the meaningless 3% of the WoW population that now gives an opportunity to GC to portray locks as fine l2p for the other 97% that give a shit if they we're 0.0001% of over the next best dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •