Thread: Mage Macros

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    I prefer this because it either casts on your target or on your mouseover target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead]living bomb; living bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post
    I like this to increase my mirrors damage

#showtooltip Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image

you can add lifeblood too (no gcd) if you are an herber
    I'm fairly certain spell power is the only thing that will benefit mirror images.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post
    I prefer this because it either casts on your target or on your mouseover target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead]living bomb; living bomb
    This can be shortened to:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][]living bomb

Not necessary for this specific macro, but more a tip for longer macros. The shorthand "@" can be used instead of "target=". Also the empty brackets "[]" casts the spell at current target if the condition in the first brackets isn't met, instead of having "; Living Bomb" again at the end.

So someone mind explaining, even with Mirror Image Glyphed, it doesn't work in my DPS macros?

Sometimes it works, sometimes its doesn't >_<

Currently it looks something like this:

/Cast Berserk(Am a troll)
    /Cast Arcane Power
    /Cast Mirror Image
    /Use Mana Gem
    /Use Intellect Potion

As I understand it, spells not on the GCD should be able to cast at the same time, hence these DPS macros, but for whatever reason, Mirror Image only works about half the time.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So someone mind explaining, even with Mirror Image Glyphed, it doesn't work in my DPS macros?

Sometimes it works, sometimes its doesn't >_<

Currently it looks something like this:

/Cast Berserk(Am a troll)
    /Cast Arcane Power
    /Cast Mirror Image
    /Use Mana Gem
    /Use Intellect Potion

As I understand it, spells not on the GCD should be able to cast at the same time, hence these DPS macros, but for whatever reason, Mirror Image only works about half the time.
    If MI is on cd, the macro will stop running at that line. Also as a little tip, pop int potion before Mana Gem. You'll get a bigger SP boost and reduce the chance of overflowing your max mana with the gem.

So basically the MI glyph is useless and I might as well just cast it outside the macros. Waa

Thanks for the tip about the Potion btw
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So basically the MI glyph is useless and I might as well just cast it outside the macros. Waa

Thanks for the tip about the Potion btw
    If you aren't frost, Glyph of Mirror Image is a slight dps increase because your images get the bonus from Fire/Arcane specialization. By slight I mean it's around 100, maybe less. While on the topic of minor glyphs, you should pick up Glyph of Conjuring if you haven't. It reduces the mana cost of making a Mana Gem; useful for long fights.

Incorrect about the mirror image issues. The reason why the macro doesn't work properly is because a macro is read all at once and mirror images do trigger a GCD unless you have the Glyph of Arcane Power. In order for the glyph of arcane power to work so mirror images don't have a GCD, you would need a cast sequence macro to separate the casting of Arcane Power and the casting of Mirror Images. Most people will use a cast macro and then just pop Mirror Images after their first cast of arcane blast during the burn since then it will be off GCD.

Also, as far as I know from my own personal testing and others, glyph of mirror images is only a dps increase for Arcane. The cast time for glyphed Mirror Image fireball is too long and it causes it to do less dps than unglyphed.
    Last edited by Pookstar; 2012-02-29 at 08:17 PM.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

So would you mind showing me what the DPS macros should look like then?

Also, HOLY CRAP 1,000 posts. I FINALLY got rid of the Dreadlord Title!

Question

#showtooltip [@pet,nodead,exists]Freeze;Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [@pet,dead] Summon Water Elemental
    /stopmacro [@pet,dead]
    /cast Freeze
    /petpassive
    /petattack

Is there a way to do this macro that doesnt result in me saying I "need to be petted?"

A nice simple one I've been using on the beta, really nice for frost bomb AOE shatters. A note, FoF doesn't currently proc off immunity on this freeze, so don't bother with it single target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@targettarget]Ice Ward

For fire pve this has to be the most important macro for maximizing dps.
    It's very basic, but because you only get 1.5 - 2 seconds between each ignite tick this will pop combustion instantly when you see the right numbers.
    Without the stopcasting part you risk ignite ticking then dropping its damage.

/stopcasting
    /cast combustion

You can do the same thing for Impact spreading.

/stopcasting
    /cast fireblast

This will spread iginte to your targets then still tick 2 times before it falls off and since combustion ticks so fast, being able to spread it faster will get an extra tick or 2 on adds.
    eg : on Yorsahj combustion spreading to adds... 10 adds x 1 extra tick of 20k+ each = 200k+ dmg

/castsequence [@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Is there any way to prioritize mouseover and then target in a castsequence macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    /castsequence [@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Is there any way to prioritize mouseover and then target in a castsequence macro?
    Here you go.
    Code:
    /castsequence [@mouseover, harm][@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    Here you go.
    Thanks! <3

any pvp fire mage macros?

Quote Originally Posted by bassick View Post
    any pvp fire mage macros?
    Focus sheep, focus impact, focus CS, focus LB. Combined with a modifier.

Smth like this

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

For the macro where [target=...] is use, it can be reduce to[@...]

for the above macro:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

Not sure why, but when i use the macro

#showtooltip Combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast Combustion

the macro works but it is also posting /stopcasting and /cast combustion in /say when ever i use the macros. Any idea why?