Thread: Mage Macros

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Pyroblast!; [mod:ctrl]Pyroblast

I've tried a few variations on it, but each one requires a mouse click for the modifier to work.
    Also you can try it with alt and shift just to test.

And here's another way to write the same macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Pyroblast; Pyroblast!

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    Also you can try it with alt and shift just to test.

And here's another way to write the same macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Pyroblast; Pyroblast!
    That's the first macro I tried.

Ctrl+3 isn't bound to anything. I've gone through all my keybinding lists, and it's not being used for anything. 3 is definitely not on my mouse button, so that's not an issue.

I guess I'll just try binding Pyroblast to another key. It's awkward having to clicking it, as I prefer using my buttons for everything. Oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    Your issue sounds kind of weird actually. Never heard of a problem of the likes before. I'd recommend asking about it in the UI, Macros and Addons forum, they ought to have a better answer for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

That's the first macro I tried.

Ctrl+3 isn't bound to anything. I've gone through all my keybinding lists, and it's not being used for anything. 3 is definitely not on my mouse button, so that's not an issue.

I guess I'll just try binding Pyroblast to another key. It's awkward having to clicking it, as I prefer using my buttons for everything. Oh well
    Does alt and/or shift result in the same behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    Does alt and/or shift result in the same behavior?
    I think so, but I'll double check.

Edit: Both alt and shift result in the same behavior. Gah, this sucks
    Last edited by Sym; 2011-05-19 at 03:29 PM.

I think so, but I'll double check.

Edit: Both alt and shift result in the same behavior. Gah, this sucks
    Can you test this with scorch and fireball instead of pyroblast! and pyroblast?

Worst case, you could try:
    Code:
    @showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] pyroblast!
    /cast [mod:ctrl] pyroblast
    Last edited by vaajtswv; 2011-05-19 at 06:59 PM.

Confused

Can anyone suggest a macro that casts Pyroblast! on a normal button press, but casts Pyroblast when I used Ctrl + Button Press? I've only been able to get it so the Ctrl modifier works only with clicking it :/

Can't post the macro at the moment either, I'm not at my normal PC
    What would be the purpose of creating a macro for this (if its even possible)? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you're wanting a macro for something that is built into the game already. All Pyroblast! is, is a hot streak proc pyro, Pyroblast is a normal cast pyro. You will always cast Pyroblast unless it is a hot streak proc, in wich case the same button that you cast Pyroblast with will cast Pyroblast! (instant). Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhozer View Post
    Hi folks.

Shaman main here, but having fun with my newly dinged Frost Mage. Just asking for some help with a macro please.

I'm using the same simple format that I do with a lot of my macros, but for some reason I can't get this one to work

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Frostfire Orb; Cold Snap

Basically I want to cast Frostfire Orb when my button 4 is pressed or cast Cold Snap to reset my frost cooldowns when I use Shift-4. For some reason it just won't work. I can cast both spells independently not in a macro and have tried other macros and spells on my action bar slot so I know it's not my button "4" that's the problem.

Any suggestions welcome please

Many thanks

Dhzero
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] frostfire orb
    /cast [mod=shift] cold snap

EDIT: I use this macro a lot and I have never had problems with it. Unless I forget about my other keybindings and try to mod something that has already been bound. This is a great way to take up less space on your UI if you don't use bartender.
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by tenduramax2 View Post
    What would be the purpose of creating a macro for this (if its even possible)? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you're wanting a macro for something that is built into the game already. All Pyroblast! is, is a hot streak proc pyro, Pyroblast is a normal cast pyro. You will always cast Pyroblast unless it is a hot streak proc, in wich case the same button that you cast Pyroblast with will cast Pyroblast! (instant). Am I missing something here?
    You can't hardcast Pyroblast! but you can hardcast Pyroblast. I basically want to be able to use Ctrl+3 to hardcast Pyroblast prior to a pull, to get Critical Mass up. This obviously does more damage than Scorch, and puts up an extra DoT. During the fight, the macro will just be used to cast Pyroblast! when HS procs.

It's impossible to hardcast Pyroblast! This completely gets rid of the chance of me starting a hardcast for Pyroblast if I'm stationary and get a HS proc.

Understand?

You can't hardcast Pyroblast! but you can hardcast Pyroblast. I basically want to be able to use Ctrl+3 to hardcast Pyroblast prior to a pull, to get Critical Mass up. This obviously does more damage than Scorch, and puts up an extra DoT. During the fight, the macro will just be used to cast Pyroblast! when HS procs.

It's impossible to hardcast Pyroblast! This completely gets rid of the chance of me starting a hardcast for Pyroblast if I'm stationary and get a HS proc.

Understand?
    Not really, I use pyroblast before the pull just like you are suggesting. I don't understand why you want a macro to cast a HS Pyroblast! because the same button that you used to hard cast at the beginning of the fight will cast Pyroblast! when you get a HS proc. It's the same button, it just consumes the proc and makes it instant cast when HS is up. If you are looking for a way to get around the HS proc and hardcast a pyroblast while its active and not consume the HS, (no idea why you would want to do this in the first place), is not possible.

Not really, I use pyroblast before the pull just like you are suggesting. I don't understand why you want a macro to cast a HS Pyroblast! because the same button that you used to hard cast at the beginning of the fight will cast Pyroblast! when you get a HS proc. It's the same button, it just consumes the proc and makes it instant cast when HS is up. If you are looking for a way to get around the HS proc and hardcast a pyroblast while its active and not consume the HS, (no idea why you would want to do this in the first place), is not possible.
    Because you can't cast Pyroblast while moving. You can cast Pyroblast! while moving though.

Deleted
    Go to spellbook drag pyroblast to the key you want it to. When Hotstreak isn't proc'ed it will be a normal 3sec Pyroblast, when Hot Streak is proc'ed it will be a Pyroblast! (that you can cast while moving) I agree with Tenduramax2 there is no need for a macro for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    Go to spellbook drag pyroblast to the key you want it to. When Hotstreak isn't proc'ed it will be a normal 3sec Pyroblast, when Hot Streak is proc'ed it will be a Pyroblast! (that you can cast while moving) I agree with Tenduramax2 there is no need for a macro for this.
    With the macro you can't hard cast by accident, though.
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    With the macro you can't hard cast by accident, though.
    Exactly! It's not hard to understand that. It completely gets rid of the chance for me to hardcast Pyroblast within a fight, something which can be extremely annoying when I'm standing still doing my rotation, and accidentally hit Pyroblast or press it too many times.

Exactly! It's not hard to understand that. It completely gets rid of the chance for me to hardcast Pyroblast within a fight, something which can be extremely annoying when I'm standing still doing my rotation, and accidentally hit Pyroblast or press it too many times.
    Okay, I now understand what you are trying to do. However, I still don't understand why you need a macro to not hit it on accident when there is a big flashing graphic when it procs or just move a bit if you hit it on accident, which takes a fraction of a second to stop the cast. IMO it would take longer to use a conditional macro than to just move a bit. Back to the question at hand. This is impossible to put in a macro because Pyroblast and Pyroblast! are the same spell, the only reason it has a ! at the end is for combat log purposes, i.e to keep track of how my HS procs vs. using them or not using them.
    Last edited by tenduramax2; 2011-05-22 at 03:33 AM.

Deleted
    Because probably he has bindedn Fireball or something he spams on 2 and sometimes when you're doing stuff fast and/or under pressure you can click this way: "32" when you want to click "2" or you simply miss completely and hit 3 instead of 2

Another option is creating a bind in your UI for Pyroblast alone and use 3 for Pyroblast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I now understand what you are trying to do. However, I still don't understand why you need a macro to not hit it on accident when there is a big flashing graphic when it procs or just move a bit if you hit it on accident, which takes a fraction of a second to stop the cast. IMO it would take longer to use a conditional macro than to just move a bit. Back to the question at hand. This is impossible to put in a macro because Pyroblast and Pyroblast! are the same spell, the only reason it has a ! at the end is for combat log purposes, i.e to keep track of how my HS procs vs. using them or not using them.
    They're not the same spell. If you cast Pyroblast!, you can't hard cast. Pyroblast! is the name of the spell that comes from the instant procs. It's not only for combat log purposes. And that little fraction of a second (more like a half I'd say) that it takes to react to a misclick and cancel casting, isn't worth losing if he can save himself that by using a simple macro, and the exact same bind. It's really simple, and it helps. And what are you on about, "conditional macro"? It specifically states "[nomod]".

Having issues making a Mirror Image countdown/timer macro. What I want is to cast Mirror Images, then give me some sort of timer, or countdown in chat. that says it will be ending soon. For some reason /in # doesn't work anymore. This is what I have, and is not currently working.

#showtooltip Mirror Image
    /cast Mirror Image
    /in 26 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 4
    /in 27 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 3
    /in 28 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 2
    /in 29 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 1

It will cast mirror fine, but the countdown does not start. Help very much appreciated.

Found on ElitistJerks website
    Credit to TimWischmeier @ Elitist Jerks forums
    If you are using DBM you can easily set up this macro which I am using:

/dbm timer 30 MI Fade!
    /cast Mirror Image

This will start a client side 30 seconds timer with the Text "MI Fade". If you hit this macro while MI is on cooldown it will still start the timer, but that never was a problem for me. I think you are able to set up something similarly on Bigwigs, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    Having issues making a Mirror Image countdown/timer macro. What I want is to cast Mirror Images, then give me some sort of timer, or countdown in chat. that says it will be ending soon. For some reason /in # doesn't work anymore. This is what I have, and is not currently working.

/cast Mirror Image
    /in 26 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 4
    /in 27 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 3
    /in 28 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 2
    /in 29 /w Name Mirror Image ending in 1

It will cast mirror fine, but the countdown does not start. Help very much appreciated.

If you use omen, you should be able to see a timer as well while you're under MI.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.