Thread: Mage Macros

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    There's an enourmous difference between clicking everything and just a few cooldowns.

If the person in your raid team is a melee then they are going to lose a lot more dps by clicking everything then a ranged would. In the end though if the person does good dps and isn't holding you back (not the case in this instance from what you've said) there's no need to force them to change.

If you have a spot on a raid team that can manage to progress at all don't forget you're actually quite lucky and in a fairly small group of wow players.

Humans in general are opposed to change and some more than others. I know from my own experience in wow that sometimes you just have to accept that the way you're doing something isn't the best and you have to change it to improve. The difference is wether you can get to this stage and accept the change.
    Good. So you've reached the epiphany all by yourself now and accepted that the way you're doing it isn't the best way. So back to my original point, in your words, you don't have to "accept the change", but don't advice others to follow your inferior ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Good. So you've reached the epiphany all by yourself now and accepted that the way you're doing it isn't the best way. So back to my original point, in your words, you don't have to "accept the change", but don't advice others to follow your inferior ways.
    I had hoped you wouldn't use my own words against me but I can hardly say I didn't see this coming. You've taken my words and twisted them to suit you.

I have tried using all my abilities keybound and it was no different to clicking a few.

In the end if the result is the same the means of getting there doesn't matter. I know that I don't lose any dps by clicking a few buttons. Maybe some others do but it's still something that needs to be decided on a case per case basis.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    It just feels natural. You can use the keyboard and the mouse. Why only use one thing?

This is awesome thanks kinda

2 mandatory macros for this tier:

(H-Horridon)
    /target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Ice Lance
    /targetlasttarget

(H-Tortos)
    /target Humming Crystal
    /cast Ice Lance
    /targetlasttarget

You can replace Ice Lance with Fireblast if you're frost and you're worried about using up your FoF proc.

Deleted
    Is it possible to create a Multidotting macro with following point:

- Puts your chosen dot (talents) to the next living target without an active dot within active damage range

Never seen something befor but perhaps u got an idea

Deleted
    It's impossible to put condition in macro, especially like this one.

Just use a [mouseover] macro.

Deleted
    I saw following macro:

Macro: /cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb;Frostbolt

Isnt there the condition of an active dot inside? Otherwise it wouldnt make much sense to have the Frostbolt within the macro.

Or has it an completly other intention?

*confused*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I saw following macro:

Macro: /cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb;Frostbolt

Isnt there the condition of an active dot inside? Otherwise it wouldnt make much sense to have the Frostbolt within the macro.

Or has it an completly other intention?

*confused*
    Macros can't decide what spells to cast for you (other than random), so there is no check for an active dot. If you have a target under your mouse that is hostile and alive, it will always cast Mage Bomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Macros can't decide what spells to cast for you (other than random), so there is no check for an active dot. If you have a target under your mouse that is hostile and alive, it will always cast Mage Bomb.
    And if I have no target under my mouse, this macro would cast Frostbolt to my main target or just the bomb?

Or do I need another macro thatfor like:

/cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb
    /cast Frostbolt

Thx for help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    And if I have no target under my mouse, this macro would cast Frostbolt to my main target or just the bomb?

Or do I need another macro thatfor like:

/cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb
    /cast Frostbolt

Thx for help
    If you have no target under your mouse, it will cast Frostbolt to your target. Both macros you typed would do exactly the same thing.

I'm not familiar with "atmouseover" working. I've always seen it as "@mouseover".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm not familiar with "atmouseover" working. I've always seen it as "...*at*...mouseover".
    As a quite new Member, its not allowed to post some links or the *at* sign you have posted

15+ Year Old Account
    for NT..

/targetenemy
    /cast Mage Bomb

Spriest in our raid does this with SWP and sumbags the hell out of dps. (horray multi-dotting buff)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    for NT..

/targetenemy
    /cast Mage Bomb

Spriest in our raid does this with SWP and sumbags the hell out of dps. (horray multi-dotting buff)
    Does this macro always target another enemy or often the same one?

If it works, it should maybe possible to stay on his primary target for the other casts

/targetenemy
    /cast Mage bomb
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by ololo View Post

Water Elemental <3

The notorious cooked down WE macro. Just this time it's in a much more awesome version than I've ever seen/encountered elsewhere!.. Just... Just try it!
    I've just started using Frost for a few new ToT encounters, can someone explain this Macro and it's practical use for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    I've just started using Frost for a few new ToT encounters, can someone explain this Macro and it's practical use for me.
    The macro will summon your water elemental if you dont have any (dead or whatever), and IF you have a water elemental it will cast the water elementals ability called Freeze or something.

I just wanted to add a fuller description of what it does, because it does a lot of awesome things, pretty much everything water elemental related you could want to do just press this button.

So, it summons a water elemental if that is appropriate
    It casts freeze (and shows the cd on freeze as long as your WE is alive)
    it tells your pet not to attack randomly (so that you and your pet attack the same things in combat)
    it tells your pet to attack your current target (so that you do not lose some damage early in a fight, press this button right away to cast freeze, plus get your WE attacking immediately)

For horridon heroic:

#showtooltip Mage Bomb
    /target Direhorn
    /cast Mage Bomb
    /targetlasttarget

for tortos heroic:

#showtooltip Mage Bomb
    /target Humming
    /cast Mage Bomb
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    does someone know a macro with either cats icebarrier or tewmporal shield depending on ehjat you skilled? (and sjows the tooltip to see)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    does someone know a macro with either cats icebarrier or tewmporal shield depending on ehjat you skilled? (and sjows the tooltip to see)
    Can't do the tooltips, but you should hide your binds anyway. It works very simply because Temporal Shield doesn't trigger GCD.

/cast Temporal Shield
    /cast Ice Barrier
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.