Thread: Mage Macros

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure something like this has been mentioned before in this thread but I figure I would toss it in since it helps me out so much.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Mage Bomb
    When combined with a unit frame addon like tidy plates, which shows debuffs and DoT duration on all targets, it makes multidotting very easy. It will also change to whatever bomb you are currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Mage Bomb
    It'll put bomb on target if there's nothing under the mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I prefer:
    Code:
    #showtooltip

Now that you mention it that is the one I am using in game. Was trying to recall all the other modifiers while at work >_< .

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    You're looking for

~~MACRO NAME is Shield ~~
    #showtooltip
    /use Temporal Shield
    /use Ice Barrier
    /use Cold Snap
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Shield", G"Temporal Shield" or G"Ice Barrier" or "Cold Snap")
    So i dont get this, cold snap aint in the same tree as barrier and temp shield.. so if you have cold snap+ any of the 2 shields, it will just use cold snap first time you use a shield, not so handy. As i found out on protectors yday -.-

gonna try and replace cold snap with flame glow, but dno if it works

Edit: Actually i just deleted cold snap out of the macro, still works. so

~~MACRO NAME is Shield ~~
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Temporal Shield
    /use Ice Barrier
    /use Flameglow
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Shield", G"Temporal Shield" or G"Ice Barrier" or G"Flameglow")
    Edit: I put in flameglow instead of just deleting cold snap out of it, because i got an error when pressing shield hotkey while having flameglow when it was not in the macro, now it just changes icon to flameglow but with no error.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-11-07 at 04:28 PM.

Anyone got a good alter time macro for frost ?

Code:
    #showtooltip Mage Bomb
    /cast [nochanneling, target=mouseover,exists,nohelp] Mage Bomb; Mage Bomb
    I need help with this macro, it doesn't work because of syntax errors, but you get the point of what i'm trying to accomplish here. I've tried it a few different ways, but it's not wanting to work.

@cockaroo

If I understand your current macro correctly you want something that casts your current Mage Bomb on your mouseover but if you do not have a mouseover you want it casted on your current target? If so then this is the best macro for it afaik (also the one I use).
    I prefer:
    Code:
    #showtooltip

PS. quite sure the issue with your macro is "[nochanneling, xyz". If I'm not completely misstaken then it has to be [nochanneling] [target=mouseover,exists,nohelp]

10+ Year Old Account
    My macro has this in it:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [channeling:Evocation][channeling:Arcane Missiles]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Mage Bomb

My full macro is actually:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /assist [help,combat]
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /stopmacro [channeling:Evocation][channeling:Arcane Missiles]
    /cast [mod:shift]Flamestrike;[mod:ctrl]Blizzard;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Mage Bomb
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-01-06 at 09:15 AM.

Brilliant Aquamonkey. This is exactly what I was searching for. cheers m8.

Deleted
    I may possibly be failing hard here but my Blink macro is no-longer working properly.

I have

#showtooltip Blink
    /stopcasting
    /cast Blink

As I've always had, however, now if i press it very soon after starting a cast (tested with frostbolt, while GCD is still active) it does nothing until the GCD is expired. It always used to "reset" the GCD when the cast was stopped, is this just me or has anyone else noticed the same?

To test simply stand near a target dummy, make the macro if not already, start a frostbolt and then immediately press the macro, cast will be stopped but I will not blink and i can see the GCD still active. Tried to add a second stopcasting but no dice. If i press it after the GCD is expired but before the bolt is finished (1.4 sec cast no buffs so have a 0.4 second window it works fine so it's def the GCD stopping it.)

Quote Originally Posted by muld77 View Post
    if i press it very soon after starting a cast (tested with frostbolt, while GCD is still active) it does nothing until the GCD is expired. It always used to "reset" the GCD when the cast was stopped, is this just me or has anyone else noticed the same?
    As far as I know, it is exactly how it should be.. When GCD triggers, you cannot cast anything that has GCD for the time it is activated. And blink has GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As far as I know, it is exactly how it should be.. When GCD triggers, you cannot cast anything that has GCD for the time it is activated. And blink has GCD.
    Figured it out now. The GCD cancels (well it did before anyway) if you stop casting so you can still cast within the original GCD timeframe, the issue is that the client still thinks the GCD is active until the server tells it otherwise, hence doing this inside the Macro is in effect "too fast" so you have to hit the button twice. The reason this was working before was it was bound to my mouse wheel (which meant i was basically pressing it twice when I rolled it up, I'll put it back and it should work again). Ill just go back to wheel spamming and it will cast as soon as it can in any event
    Last edited by mmocd32a0cae37; 2014-01-29 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured it out now. The GCD cancels (well it did before anyway) if you stop casting so you can still cast within the original GCD timeframe, the issue is that the client still thinks the GCD is active until the server tells it otherwise, hence doing this inside the Macro is in effect "too fast" so you have to hit the button twice. The reason this was working before was it was bound to my mouse wheel (which meant i was basically pressing it twice when I rolled it up, I'll put it back and it should work again). Ill just go back to wheel spamming and it will cast as soon as it can in any event
    I have similar problems on my hunter because of autoshot. You can try putting /stopcasting twice, but IDK if it will fix your GCD thing.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Blink
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Blink

Deleted
    Best way tbh. I've used blink on the wheel since the beginning, especially with this macro.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    I use this one. Applies bomb to selected if not using mouseover.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists,nodead] [target=target] Mage Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by shady1989 View Post
    Anyone got a good alter time macro for frost ?
    You really want to use AT on it's own at the best desired moment eg all trink/weap/prof procs are lined up etc. AT in a macro can be a massive dps loss.

Deleted
    Is there any possibility with the fire 4 set to make a "spam macro" for just lining up insta pyro after insta pyro? Like, start with casting fireball until u have pyro! and heating up and after that just chaing away like 5 pyros? With the 4 set, altertime and PoM imo it should be doable, i just cant manage to figure it out... Also here at should i put combustion if this is working? Trying to get into fire as my second spec.

As frost, however, i use /castsequence Mirror image, Icy Veins, Alter time on pull (with all trinkets prepots and whatnot) and then next time with hero if it wasnt used on pull. Is this bad or is it ok? Ive always done like this and never really questioned myself if its good or not. It gives me another 6 seconds of hero/trinket/prepot/metagem/andsoon so cant be that crap, but maybe somehow it can get better?

Ive started to think that i should make sure i have 5ice lance charges before i pop that macro, but not sure if it would actually do any noticable difference since those ice lance would be from just trinket procced frost bolts...

/Fordie
    Last edited by mmoc56b9795788; 2014-06-24 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordie View Post
    Is there any possibility with the fire 4 set to make a "spam macro" for just lining up insta pyro after insta pyro? Like, start with casting fireball until u have pyro! and heating up and after that just chaing away like 5 pyros? With the 4 set, altertime and PoM imo it should be doable, i just cant manage to figure it out... Also here at should i put combustion if this is working? Trying to get into fire as my second spec.
    I'm not sure I understand. Why do you need a macro to spam Pyro? As long as you have a HS or PoM up then you just spam Pyro. If you are trying to make one that will only spam the instants and not hard cast then I'm not sure that's possible, but if you are really worried about that then just jump while you're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordie View Post
    As frost, however, i use /castsequence Mirror image, Icy Veins, Alter time on pull (with all trinkets prepots and whatnot) and then next time with hero if it wasnt used on pull. Is this bad or is it ok? Ive always done like this and never really questioned myself if its good or not. It gives me another 6 seconds of hero/trinket/prepot/metagem/andsoon so cant be that crap, but maybe somehow it can get better?

Ive started to think that i should make sure i have 5ice lance charges before i pop that macro, but not sure if it would actually do any noticable difference since those ice lance would be from just trinket procced frost bolts...

/Fordie
    Don't put Mirror Images in any sort of burst macro, because its on the GCD and you are wasting 1 second of your IV/AT doing it that way. Also if you're hitting that right on the pull then you don't have trinkets up and your AT is probably screwing up your trinket procs. You should be popping MI just before the pull. A general mage pre-pull routine for any spec would be: Invocation/Place RoP; pop MI; pre-pot; hard-cast your main nuke; mage bomb. Once you have your trinkets and other procs up, then you use AT and whatever other CDs you have. As frost you want to try and use AT when you have a BF proc along with 2 FoF, but it will be more important to get 6 full seconds of a bunch of your procs than to try and get an extra FoF or BF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmp View Post
    I use this one. Applies bomb to selected if not using mouseover.
    Empty brackets does the same thing as [target=target].

Hi
    I cant seem to get this working. I want to just push shift or alt to use IB as soon as its of cd on one button.

#showtooltip Ice Barrier
    /cast [mod:shift] Ice Barrier
    /cast [nomod] FrostBolt

It just casts FB and if i push shift nothing happens. any ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobles View Post
    Hi
    I cant seem to get this working. I want to just push shift or alt to use IB as soon as its of cd on one button.

#showtooltip Ice Barrier
    /cast [mod:shift] Ice Barrier
    /cast [nomod] FrostBolt

It just casts FB and if i push shift nothing happens. any ideas
    If you want to use shift as a keybind, you need to use an external remap program. Look up what the word modifier means and you'll understand.

Other than that, your macro won't work perfectly anyway, because Ice Barrier fails to overwrite a stronger version of itself, regardless or duration, which means if you have a 5 second barrier that you applied with procs, it will give you an error unless your current SP yields a higher projected value on Ice Barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

ok great thanks