Thread: Mage Macros

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    type /script FlipCameraYaw(180)
    and remove that from your macro...

As far as I am aware Blizz removed the ability to rotate your character 180 degrees.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 2010-11-09 at 03:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Delete the FlipCameraYaw part of it, but not till you use it enough to get the camera back to its proper position.
    BfA Beta Time

Actually, the camera reset when I exited the game...but thanks for the inpuut...now I can use the macro and know how to reverse it in-game

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Blast + Presence of Mind

#showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /cast [combat, nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Presence of Mind
    /cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This way you can start spamming the arcane blast button after you fire 'Arcane Missiles' and it wont interupt the cast.
    Also weaves in 'Presence of Mind', but only when in combat. Why.. well i rather like my opener shots to be normal casts and the second shot instant. (if PoM not on CD)
    If i want a instant cast as opener, i still got PoM on my bar if you where wondering.

Arcane Blast + Presence of Mind + Trinkets

#showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /use [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] 13
    /use [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] 14
    /cast [combat, nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Presence of Mind
    /cast [nochanneling:Arcane Missiles] Arcane Blast
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Same as above but added in trinkets

15+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, you want to PoM your 5th AB, not your second.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    why is that? And by the way I'm still leveling and two-shotting everything

Deleted
    So i saw this arcane movement macro on the first page and got this really really brilliant idea. What if i changed the spells in it to ice barrier and manashield. Double shielded and one button casts whichever is not on cd when those filthy rouges and paladins are chasing me. Sadly but true it doesnt work as it where intended. You see, if both are of cd i can cast both with the same keybind, but if icebarrier is on cd i can't cast manashield with it. I want it to cast manashield regardless of ice barriers cd. could someone help me please?

This is how it looks atm

#showtooltip ice barrier
    /castsequence Ice Barrier(), Mana Shield()
    Last edited by mmoc63a4223953; 2010-12-06 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miphe View Post
    So i saw this arcane movement macro on the first page and got this really really brilliant idea. What if i changed the spells in it to ice barrier and manashield. Double shielded and one button casts whichever is not on cd when those filthy rouges and paladins are chasing me. Sadly but true it doesnt work as it where intended. You see, if both are of cd i can cast both with the same keybind, but if icebarrier is on cd i can't cast manashield with it. I want it to cast manashield regardless of ice barriers cd. could someone help me please?

This is how it looks atm

#showtooltip ice barrier
    /castsequence Ice Barrier(), Mana Shield()
    Cast sequences require the previous spells to be cast before the next one in the sequence will go.

Try it with a reset of the same time as IB's CD. I haven't used a cast sequence macro in ages and they probably changed the syntax of it when they redid macros a while back but let's give it a go!

#showtooltip ice barrier
    /castsequence[reset=24] Ice Barrier, Mana Shield

I'm pretty sure that won't work in terms of syntax, so if anyone isn't an outdated oldie like me and knows the new reset syntax toss it out!

Deleted
    That did'nt work either ): You dont know another way to make this macro?

Anyway, if you want, could you please explain this syntax thing or maybe link to a site that explains it? Kinda new on the macro making here and really want to learn a trick or two :P

Great idea. Have you tried

#showtooltop
    /cast Ice Barrier
    /cast Mana Shield

? I'd like to try it right now, but realms are offline :/
    Last edited by abraXas-; 2010-12-15 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miphe View Post
    That did'nt work either ): You dont know another way to make this macro?

Anyway, if you want, could you please explain this syntax thing or maybe link to a site that explains it? Kinda new on the macro making here and really want to learn a trick or two :P
    Syntax is the "language" written for the macro to do what it's supposed to do.
    When it comes to your problem, a macro can't check if another skill is on Cooldown or not, for this you have to use external addons.
    Try what he posted with a castsequence with IB's cooldown as reset, should work ok as long as you always use that to pop IB.
    If it goes off from the "Reactive Barrier" talent, it's not going to work.

Correct macro for castsequence:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=30 Ice Barrier, Mana Shield

A wise man does at first, what a fool does at last.
    They both do the same thing, only at different times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abraXas- View Post
    Great idea. Have you tried

#showtooltop
    /cast Ice Barrier
    /cast Mana Shield

? I'd like to try it right now, but realms are offline :/
    That wouldn't really work, you're better of with a modifier to cast one spell and a no-modifier to cast the other. If you don't, then the whole "abilities on the GCD can't be macroed together" problem kicks in, especially when you want to use one spell and not the other.
    BfA Beta Time

Hello there everyone, I'm looking for a macro which puts Living Bomb on your focus target if there is one selected, but keeps your current target targeted. If there isn't a focused target it triggers normally. Been searching and messing around with macros myself, can't seem to sort it.

Does anyone know if there is one for this?
    Last edited by Igloo; 2010-12-17 at 08:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Hello there everyone, I'm looking for a macro which puts Living Bomb on your focus target if there is one selected, but keeps your current target targeted. If there isn't a focused target it triggers normally. Been searching and messing around with macros myself, can't seem to sort it.

Does anyone know if there is one for this?
    #showtooltip Living Bomb
    /cast [target=focus,exists]Living Bomb; Living Bomb
    BfA Beta Time

Code:
    #showtooltip polymorph(turtle)
    /clearfocus [mod:alt]
    /stopmacro [mod:alt]
    /focus [target=focus, noexists] [target=focus, dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /cast [target=focus] Polymorph(turtle)
    Puts your current target on focus if you don't have a focus or if it's dead. It then will check if your focus is not an enemy and clear the focus.
    It'll then cast poly at your focus.

If you want to clear your focus, because you need to poly something else: hold alt and use the macro (can be used while casting due to stopmacro).

If you want, you can add a stopcasting line in there before you sheep.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ololo View Post

Water Elemental <3

The notorious cooked down WE macro. Just this time it's in a much more awesome version than I've ever seen/encountered elsewhere!.. Just... Just try it!

Is this a macro that makes pet attacking the same target as You do?

Because I have a problem with my pet tbh. While settin it on passive, casting a Polymorph on a target, it starts to cast his Ice Bolt on it, and it just removes the poly.
    Any idea for a macro that the pet attacks the same target as I do, when I change the target it also does that, even interrupting his Ice Bolt?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Frostbolt
    /cast Frostbolt
    /pet attack

Now it will attack only what you Frostbolt, but be sure to keep it on passive.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    #showtooltip Frostbolt
    /cast Frostbolt
    /pet attack

Now it will attack only what you Frostbolt, but be sure to keep it on passive.
    The problem with the macro you have done is that it won't shine with the Early Frost talent.

All macros done by myself for Ice Lance, Frost Bolts, Frostfire Bolts and Deep Freeze are not showing the procs. Q_Q

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Don't know if anyone thought about this one:

#showtooltip Polymorph(turtle)
    /focus [button:2]
    /focus [target=mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [button:1,target=focus,exists] Polymorph(turtle)

Puts your Mouseover-target into Focus if it's harmful and living, otherwise focus stays unchanged. Then casts Polymorph on the focus-target if focus exists. You can of course right-Click the macro to set your focus yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    The problem with the macro you have done is that it won't shine with the Early Frost talent.

All macros done by myself for Ice Lance, Frost Bolts, Frostfire Bolts and Deep Freeze are not showing the procs. Q_Q
    Well, I don't think he was looking for a macro for that, just one to keep his pet attacking his target and not breaking CC. Actually, I don't even think I've ever had Early Frost show up, macro or not.

The real problem with those types of macros is that if you spam the spell before your pets GCD finishes, it will restart its waterbolt cast each time, so if you spam Frostbolt, your pet damage will be a bit lower, so learn to not mash so much.
    BfA Beta Time