Thread: Mage Macros

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Best macro ever.
    It has its flaws though. It may run into a GCD clipping between the Left and Right usage for some people, I hope to have an updated and corrected version working soon.
    BfA Beta Time

is there any possible way to make a macro or something so when you pop your mirror images they actually attack the correct target? I've used em on fights like magmaw and maloriak and they proceed to turn around and hit the parasites/aberrations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll Rogue View Post
    is there any possible way to make a macro or something so when you pop your mirror images they actually attack the correct target? I've used em on fights like magmaw and maloriak and they proceed to turn around and hit the parasites/aberrations.
    The best thing to do is to already be attacking something when you use MI, there is no macro for it.
    BfA Beta Time

I have tried several different tricks to make MI attack who i want to attack, stand nearer to the target i want them to attack, make sure I've done a good amount of damage to the target before I pop MI. I guess I gotta just pop em and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any testing with this (I'm that lazy), but when I'm frost my /petattack macro seems to work for mirrors as well as for my water elemental.

Is there a macro you can use that will make iceblock go off right when cauterize porocs. So I dont have to worry about it. Can I get a real answer please.

Quote Originally Posted by javamohava View Post
    Is there a macro you can use that will make iceblock go off right when cauterize porocs. So I dont have to worry about it. Can I get a real answer please.
    NO! Macro's do not play the game for you, you may have missed the subtle hint in the last answer you got.
    as for a spamable macro that will cast IB then remove it thats possible, but you will still have to press a button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javamohava View Post
    My macro WAS the real answer, albeit a douchey sarcastic one. Macros can only input commands based on certain parameters, they can't sense parameters and react on their own...that's called code. Why not get a Power Aura set-up for showing Cauterize then manually hitting Ice Block like a good boy oughta?
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The best thing to do is to already be attacking something when you use MI, there is no macro for it.
    Just today I saw mine attack Magmatron while I had already switched to Electron, considering I saved Hot Streak to the target switch because I wanted to burn Combustion on the next target it is about... 3 GCD, and a Scorch cast (Critical Mass, I prefer to apply it and let the warlock override it) actually attacking Electron. Maybe petattack would work.

@GCD Crippling on your macro, you can control them in the same GCD by prior using:
    /run Brain("Turn on")

The issue I see is for clickers. But anyone knows clickers are horrible persons that doesn't even deserve to live.

As was said macros are not code thus there is no way to have them listen for events and react automatically.

As for MI's they attack your highest threat target, and they always attack the same target (no split DPS).

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    That's a horrible macro. You want to save PoM for when you have 4 stacks, not just wire it into your rotation.
    I use it in PvP.

I have my spec so that Arcane Blast also applies Slow effect (100% chance when talented).
    I'm that dude at the back of the group laughing when the poor bugger can't run away and as soon as the slow is dispelled its reapplied.

Removable Ice Block

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancelaura Ice Block

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliccer View Post
    Removable Ice Block

#showtooltip Ice Block
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    I'd rather use a spammable ice block (and invis) macro, but add /cancelaura ice block and /cancelaura invisibility to another button, for example on your pyroblast.

When do you need or are able to spam iceblock?

---------- Post added 2011-04-10 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Novae View Post
    As was said macros are not code thus there is no way to have them listen for events and react automatically.

As for MI's they attack your highest threat target, and they always attack the same target (no split DPS).
    Thats not always the case plenty of times my MI are off shotting 3 things at once and it looks like a blue laser light show is going on near me. Most of the time they will fight what you are fighting when they are cast or whatever is hitting you but we have all seen mirrors do whacky stuff, move around for no reason on Al'Akir, pull mobs nobody has hit or are fighting in 5 mans while you are fighting another pack stuff like that. Some day they might make mirrors somewhat controled like a shammies wolves but then the rivers will fill with QQ tears about op mages.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Right, I've been googling around, going through this thread but I can't seem to find the type of macro I am looking for.

What I want is a macro for my Water Elemental that will make it attack the same target I am frostbolting, but it needs to be "spammable" as in that it doesn't reset the cast of my Elemental's Water Bolt, leaving it standing there doing nothing at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Wouldn´t this one work?

Code:
    #showtooltip Frostbolt
    /cast Frostbolt
    /petattack
    Otherwise I guess you could replace '/petattack' with the Elementals attack name. Such as '/cast Ice Bolt'.
    The problem with pet attack macros is that it resets every time you hit the button, so having it on your main nuke will mean your pet won't be attacking that much.
    BfA Beta Time

I have looked for at least an hour on various forums for this one.

I am trying to make a Living Bomb Macro that will cast Living Bomb on my main target with a Left Click and on my Focus Target on Right Click. I don't need it to do anything fancy like setting my focus or any type of countdowns, just left and right clicks casting LB on two different targets.

Here is what I tried:

/cast [btn:2] [target=focus,exists]Living Bomb; Living Bomb

But it did the opposite. Left mouse put it on my Focus and Right mouse put it on my target.

I thought it would be simple to fix but it is proving more difficult than I had hoped.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Ok, just figured it out!

/cast [btn:1] [target=focus,exists]Living Bomb; Living Bomb

Not sure why this works, but it does! lol
    Last edited by Phoggs; 2011-05-01 at 01:15 AM. Reason: I am stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoggs View Post
    I have looked for at least an hour on various forums for this one.

I am trying to make a Living Bomb Macro that will cast Living Bomb on my main target with a Left Click and on my Focus Target on Right Click. I don't need it to do anything fancy like setting my focus or any type of countdowns, just left and right clicks casting LB on two different targets.

Here is what I tried:

/cast [btn:2] [target=focus,exists]Living Bomb; Living Bomb

But it did the opposite. Left mouse put it on my Focus and Right mouse put it on my target.

I thought it would be simple to fix but it is proving more difficult than I had hoped.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Ok, just figured it out!

/cast [btn:1] [target=focus,exists]Living Bomb; Living Bomb

Not sure why this works, but it does! lol
    I get a little sad inside when players put so much time and effort into mid-range complicated macros that are suited for clicking.

I'm sorry for your hard work, but it's worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Assuming you have a focus target you can use this macro, who will apply LB on your focus target without loosing your current target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists][]Living Bomb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    But wouldn´t a '/cast *Spellnamehere*' macro work then? As it wouldn´t reset. Or would it?

(As in '/Cast Shadowbite' for Warlocks ratehr than '/petattack'.)
    Going back on this after some testing. using a /cast waterbolt instead of /petattack doesn't cause the pet to change target with me. It keeps attacking the previous target instead of changing over like it does if you have /petattack.