Thread: Mage Macros

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    You're always at a disadvantage when clicking, and whether it's only a small disadvantage or a big one, it's bad advice.
    If your not using your mouse for anything else and its easier than bending your hand in a contorted way that you can't do reliably is it still a disadvantage?

Unless there's a technical reason like the server responds quicker to keypresses over clicking I don't see how clicking could always be a disadvantage.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    If your not using your mouse for anything else and its easier than bending your hand in a contorted way that you can't do reliably is it still a disadvantage?

Unless there's a technical reason like the server responds quicker to keypresses over clicking I don't see how clicking could always be a disadvantage.
    There's your problem. If you have to do that, you're not keybinding properly. You should always have your mouse ready for movement and camera control for situational awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

There's your problem. If you have to do that, you're not keybinding properly. You should always have your mouse ready for movement and camera control for situational awareness.
    I only use 11 keybindings which obviously isn't enough so I click some things. I was only giving one example.

You use the keys to move unless you are just moving fowards which means using the mouse to click some things while moving is sometimes viable.

From a ranged dps's perspective needing to change the camera and move is generally fairly predictable so it's more of a personal preference than a requirement.

Its about personal preference and neither way is definitly superior. Unless you are having trouble moving or changing the camera with the mouse because you're clicking abilities there's nothing wrong with clicking a few.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

I really hope you're trolling at this point. With proper keybinding moving with your keys limit you to move in 5 directions, how one can justify playing like that, I do not know. It is sometimes viable, but not always viable and certainly not reliable. Perhaps it is generally predictable, but not always, so you will want your mouse on the ready. It is not about personal preference. One is sometimes viable and works when your predictions are correct in generally predictable situations, and one is fail-safe. You can boil it down to preference, but there is no question that one of the options is vastly superior, and there's well enough evidence to back it up.
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

In regards to canceling Ice Block: I put "/cancelaura Ice Block" into my main attack spell and invis macros.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

I really hope you're trolling at this point. With proper keybinding moving with your keys limit you to move in 5 directions, how one can justify playing like that, I do not know. It is sometimes viable, but not always viable and certainly not reliable. Perhaps it is generally predictable, but not always, so you will want your mouse on the ready. It is not about personal preference. One is sometimes viable and works when your predictions are correct in generally predictable situations, and one is fail-safe. You can boil it down to preference, but there is no question that one of the options is vastly superior, and there's well enough evidence to back it up.
    Well we have very opposite opinions and we will obviously not be able to agree on the matter. Let's just stop now since this obviously isn't going anywhere.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2012-12-16 at 10:33 PM.
    Armory

I raid in a pretty competent guild that has been progressing quickly for raiding 2 nights a week. We have a guy who clicks all of his abilities (including 1,3,4,etc). He manages alright but you can tell on heavy movement single target fights he struggles because instead of being near the top on single target fights hes near the bottom. Makes me wish heroic raiding included more advanced movement so that it would really challenge ppl to move spontaneously without warning. I just think that ppl that on one hand have the attitude that they want to be a heroic progression raider, but are unwilling to teach themselves to type should be more penalized.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Brewswami View Post
    I raid in a pretty competent guild that has been progressing quickly for raiding 2 nights a week. We have a guy who clicks all of his abilities (including 1,3,4,etc). He manages alright but you can tell on heavy movement single target fights he struggles because instead of being near the top on single target fights hes near the bottom. Makes me wish heroic raiding included more advanced movement so that it would really challenge ppl to move spontaneously without warning. I just think that ppl that on one hand have the attitude that they want to be a heroic progression raider, but are unwilling to teach themselves to type should be more penalized.
    There's an enourmous difference between clicking everything and just a few cooldowns.

If the person in your raid team is a melee then they are going to lose a lot more dps by clicking everything then a ranged would. In the end though if the person does good dps and isn't holding you back (not the case in this instance from what you've said) there's no need to force them to change.

If you have a spot on a raid team that can manage to progress at all don't forget you're actually quite lucky and in a fairly small group of wow players.

Humans in general are opposed to change and some more than others. I know from my own experience in wow that sometimes you just have to accept that the way you're doing something isn't the best and you have to change it to improve. The difference is wether you can get to this stage and accept the change.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    There's an enourmous difference between clicking everything and just a few cooldowns.

If the person in your raid team is a melee then they are going to lose a lot more dps by clicking everything then a ranged would. In the end though if the person does good dps and isn't holding you back (not the case in this instance from what you've said) there's no need to force them to change.

If you have a spot on a raid team that can manage to progress at all don't forget you're actually quite lucky and in a fairly small group of wow players.

Humans in general are opposed to change and some more than others. I know from my own experience in wow that sometimes you just have to accept that the way you're doing something isn't the best and you have to change it to improve. The difference is wether you can get to this stage and accept the change.
    Good. So you've reached the epiphany all by yourself now and accepted that the way you're doing it isn't the best way. So back to my original point, in your words, you don't have to "accept the change", but don't advice others to follow your inferior ways.

Good. So you've reached the epiphany all by yourself now and accepted that the way you're doing it isn't the best way. So back to my original point, in your words, you don't have to "accept the change", but don't advice others to follow your inferior ways.
    I had hoped you wouldn't use my own words against me but I can hardly say I didn't see this coming. You've taken my words and twisted them to suit you.

I have tried using all my abilities keybound and it was no different to clicking a few.

In the end if the result is the same the means of getting there doesn't matter. I know that I don't lose any dps by clicking a few buttons. Maybe some others do but it's still something that needs to be decided on a case per case basis.
    Armory

It just feels natural. You can use the keyboard and the mouse. Why only use one thing?

This is awesome thanks kinda

2 mandatory macros for this tier:

(H-Horridon)
    /target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Ice Lance
    /targetlasttarget

(H-Tortos)
    /target Humming Crystal
    /cast Ice Lance
    /targetlasttarget

You can replace Ice Lance with Fireblast if you're frost and you're worried about using up your FoF proc.

Is it possible to create a Multidotting macro with following point:

- Puts your chosen dot (talents) to the next living target without an active dot within active damage range

Never seen something befor but perhaps u got an idea

It's impossible to put condition in macro, especially like this one.

Just use a [mouseover] macro.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

I saw following macro:

Macro: /cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb;Frostbolt

Isnt there the condition of an active dot inside? Otherwise it wouldnt make much sense to have the Frostbolt within the macro.

Or has it an completly other intention?

*confused*

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I saw following macro:

Macro: /cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb;Frostbolt

Isnt there the condition of an active dot inside? Otherwise it wouldnt make much sense to have the Frostbolt within the macro.

Or has it an completly other intention?

*confused*
    Macros can't decide what spells to cast for you (other than random), so there is no check for an active dot. If you have a target under your mouse that is hostile and alive, it will always cast Mage Bomb.

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Macros can't decide what spells to cast for you (other than random), so there is no check for an active dot. If you have a target under your mouse that is hostile and alive, it will always cast Mage Bomb.
    And if I have no target under my mouse, this macro would cast Frostbolt to my main target or just the bomb?

Or do I need another macro thatfor like:

/cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb
    /cast Frostbolt

Thx for help

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    And if I have no target under my mouse, this macro would cast Frostbolt to my main target or just the bomb?

Or do I need another macro thatfor like:

/cast [atmouseover, harm, nodead] Magebomb
    /cast Frostbolt

Thx for help
    If you have no target under your mouse, it will cast Frostbolt to your target. Both macros you typed would do exactly the same thing.

I'm not familiar with "atmouseover" working. I've always seen it as "@mouseover".

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm not familiar with "atmouseover" working. I've always seen it as "...*at*...mouseover".
    As a quite new Member, its not allowed to post some links or the *at* sign you have posted