Thread: Mage Macros

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Macro'es

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    "/yell KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU
    I'm sure this must be funny if you know the reference... Please explain it for those of us who do not know.

Thanks.
    !edis gnorw eht morf siht ta gnikool era uoY

15+ Year Old Account

Re: *Mages Macros*

it's an attempt at humor comparing mirror images to an ability a manga character named naruto uses. you see, some people have not matured past the age of 12.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    it's an attempt at humor comparing mirror images to an ability a manga character named naruto uses. you see, some people have not matured past the age of 12.
    naruto is super awesome.

believe it!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    naruto is super awesome.

believe it!
    it may be super awesome, using the term loosely since i've enjoyed watching my dog get tested for worms more than i have watching some episodes of naruto, but that doesn't make it funny...or for that matter detract from the spammy bullshit feeling you will get after using the macro more than once.

rtard mage: KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!!!!
    player 1: the fuck is wrong with you?
    rtard: i really like naruto, but don't let my love of children's cartoons fool you, i'm real deep and emotional on the inside.
    player 1: i don't....really care about your feelings, just stop spamming me with yells about your crap.
    rtard: KAGEBUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!!!!!!!
    player 2: the fuck did he just say?
    player 1: i hate your family and the sperm cell that bore you.
    rtard: lol guys, you don't get my sense of humor!!!!! noobs.
    player 1 has left the raid/bg/party/game
    player 2 has committed suicide
    rtard: guys.....?
    BfA Beta Time

Hey. id just like to ADd an macro I think is Very nice but really need some upgrades. it works like it will POM everytime its up when im casting ARcane missiles. reason i want this to happend is becouse the 30% crit chance increase on the hole arcane missiles. and then ofc instant arcane blast after that, however i use the macro for the 30% crit chance not for the instant. here it is. any sudgestions how to make it better Please! write in this forum cheers here it comes.

#showtooltip arcane missiles
    /cast pressence of mind
    /cast arcane missiles

Sometimes it bugg the crap out of the arcane missiles but it only happends once per raid maby. so its not often its somthing i can live with to dont have to bother about pom at all. however sudgestions are welcome to make the macro better or why you dont think its good to use at that time.

srry my english is not great dose not stop me from shareing my stuffs or asking for help.

15+ Year Old Account

that's a terrible macro for several reasons.

1) the arcane potency buff only applies to the first tick of your arcane missiles, not the whole channel.
    2) your first, unbuffed arcane blast will not receive the 30% crit buff
    3) you are making your weakest arcane blast instant.

the best time to use PoM is after 4 arcane blasts have been cast, providing you with your strongest AB hitting instantly with a 30% increased chance to crit.

hasn't this already been said somewhere?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    that's a terrible macro for several reasons.

1) the arcane potency buff only applies to the first tick of your arcane missiles, not the whole channel.
    2) your first, unbuffed arcane blast will not receive the 30% crit buff
    3) you are making your weakest arcane blast instant.

the best time to use PoM is after 4 arcane blasts have been cast, providing you with your strongest AB hitting instantly with a 30% increased chance to crit.

hasn't this already been said somewhere?
    PRETTY sure it has. lol.

i have been looking for answers tbh, but nevera proper one. thanks guys. i change it today, but however im not lacking dps atall. so its good now i can push even further.
    even tho Pom is a very weak 3min cd tbh.

cheers

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Glaid
    i have been looking for awnsers tbh, but nevera proper one. thanks guys. i change it today, but however im not lacking dps atall. so its good now i can push even further.

cheers
    .....PoM is not a 3 minute CD, it is well under 2 minutes, 1 minute 24 seconds to be exact if i recall.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Glaid
    i have been looking for answers tbh, but nevera proper one. thanks guys. i change it today, but however im not lacking dps atall. so its good now i can push even further.

cheers
    Please ignore Swizzle his advice it often very good but laid out in the format of the angry adolecent.
    PoM like he says is best used on the 4 stack blast....its just commen sense.

You can ofc use PoM as soon as you res after a fight and and turn the buff off leaving the Potency Buff. This will give you first cast of the fight the 30% crit then wait till the 3rd stack is up and pop all your CDs. That is the optimal opening rotation for a mage.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

N/M

Quote Originally Posted by Tluraxle

If i recall correctly, Mirror image triggers GCD, so it should go last. And you forgot Arcane power. Soo:

/use [Trinket of epic damage]
    /use [Potion of Speed/Wild Magic]
    /cast Mirror Image

would never use this to maximize dps
    if you really have no key left for single mirror image - which i must admit, can save ur as a couple times each raid - you should at least put this in front of the rest
    delete the crap yell, since every other 24 ppl have to read this every 1-3 minutes
    and spam this macro twice
    first wipes aggro for 30sec
    2nd gives you FULL DPS without losing 1,5sec of arcane power, because you put MI at last

15+ Year Old Account

I have a macro that procs Icy Veins, Arcane Power, a Mana gem, and my on-use trinket (and if I raided, I would also add a Wild Magic or Speed potion), then casts Arcane Blast. It's best to keep Mirror Image on a separate button, too, both because of the GCD and because it is often used to drop aggro some time into the fight. As for PoM, I have Arcane Blast also macroed to that as a separate button, so that I can fire that extra AB off after a four stack, and when it is available.

I can't think of anything else to add here that hasn't already been said. However, with the cooldown macros, consider adding in /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 | /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 | /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() -- these should stop your character from saying that a particular skill isn't ready yet, and will prevent the red message from being displayed.

For more ideas, look on wowwiki.
    For the Alliance!

you sohuld throw in a mouseover curse macro!

#show Remove Curse
    /cast [target=mouseover] Remove Curse;

lets you decurse by just hovering with your mouse over the raid frame
    :P awsome time saver.

I need a Polymorph macro that works in the following way:

1 - press once and it sets my target/mouseover as the Focus
    2 - on second press it casts Poly the Focus target
    3 - If I have a Focus target and have no target/mouseover, it clears the Focus
    4 - If I have a Focus target and a different target/mouseover, pressing the macro again sets this new target/mouseover as the Focus
    5 - no modifier keys used at all

So by pressing the button it sets / resets / clears my focus and when I press the 2nd time when I do have something focussed it casts poly.

Hope this makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by ssgrif
    I need a Polymorph macro that works in the following way:

1 - press once and it sets my target/mouseover as the Focus
    2 - on second press it casts Poly the Focus target
    3 - If I have a Focus target and have no target/mouseover, it clears the Focus
    4 - If I have a Focus target and a different target/mouseover, pressing the macro again sets this new target/mouseover as the Focus
    5 - no modifier keys used at all

So by pressing the button it sets / resets / clears my focus and when I press the 2nd time when I do have something focussed it casts poly.

Hope this makes sense!

I dont think there is any quick way to get anew focus target, the only one i can think about is for you to also set /focus and then click on the target to the macro.
    But if you want to cast polymorph on the focused target you just use /target focus and then /cast polymorph.

#showtooltip
    /run if UnitIsEnemy("player", "target") and HasFullControl() and GetSpellCooldown("Fireball") == 0 then SendChatMessage("Fire style: Fireball Jutsu", "YELL") end
    /cast Fireball

or

#showtooltip
    /run if UnitIsEnemy("player", "target") and HasFullControl() and GetSpellCooldown("Pyroblast") == 0 then SendChatMessage("Fire style: Fireball Jutsu", "YELL") end
    /cast Pyroblast

basically use this macro for either brain freeze or hot streak procs

the /run line will prevent the spamming of the yell message when spamming the macro :P

and for those who arent good with macros or are just too lazy to see what it does... heres an example:

1. you get brain freeze (or hot streak) proc
    2. you hit macro
    3. you cast instant fireball (or pyroblast)
    4. you yell the following message: Fire style: Fireball Jutsu
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    basically use this macro for either brain freeze or hot streak procs

the /run line will prevent the spamming of the yell message when spamming the macro :P

and for those who arent good with macros or are just too lazy to see what it does... heres an example:

1. you get brain freeze (or hot streak) proc
    2. you hit macro
    3. you cast instant fireball (or pyroblast)
    4. you yell the following message: Fire style: Fireball Jutsu
    Because the entire raid needs to see you spam yell the same thing 100 times per encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon
    Because the entire raid needs to see you spam yell the same thing 100 times per encounter?
    actually a lot less than that since i have the /run line
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    actually a lot less than that since i have the /run line
    Yes, but the raid doesn't care how often you cast free Pyros. Chat frames are cluttered enough as it is with info from boss mods, raid leaders, and failbot mods.