Thread: How to kill...

How to kill...

So I wouldn't class myself as a the best warrior player out there, but I'm no nOOb, and at the moment in BG's and Arena hunters seem to tear me apart! They never use to. They seem to be able to get away from me all the time, and rain down the pain.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lp&n=Carmidian

So the question is, whats the "basic attack" I should use when fighting a hunter?

BTW I'm talking about when he knows I'm coming, not when I get the jump on him.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: How to kill...

BLLAADDDDDE STORRRRRRMMMMMMMM! no but srsly agaisnt a hunter charge and what ive seen arms warriors do is smack them up a bit and when they disengage intercept them, hamstring and bladestorm if its up, If it doesnt kill them then that hunter is pretty geared
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    holy nova of righteous flame of righteousness of light of the northern crown of holyness.

'kay.

I seem to charge, get trapped, hunter gets into range, blows the crap out of me as I intercept, bladestorm gets eaten by deterrence, plus there's still a disengage. I don't think of myself as "squishy" but explosion shot seems to hurt a lot, and I arena with a healer!

are you burning charge to early?
    personaly i'll never start combat with a charge unless its a bg and im "sneaking" up on someone, get on him with your mount, pop your rage, hamstring, if he traps you trink or wait for it to wear off--> charge- if he disengages-->intercept
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

from a hunters perspective (PvP noobs btw too)

keep him close, that way he does fk all dmg.

Like when soloing a DK, know when to use your abilities eg:
    - dont pop disengauge until after he DG's you.
    - etc etc etc.

All i can really say is keep him close and trinket out of traps, nothing else. When he does get range, charge, or disarm.

im going to stop befor ei give too muhc more nob advice

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    ... get on him with your mount, pop your rage, hamstring ...
    What he said. Dismount with bloodrage.

Thank you, never really thought of the mount charge in, I'll try it out

I think part of the problem is you're gemming ArP and only have 18%.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Actually I find Hunters one of the most simple classes to fukk up.

Charge > Hamstring > MS > Bladestorm = Sayonara.

In Arena huntards with a healer behind them could be a bit tricky.
    Use youre coldowns wisely. Oh Im Arns btw.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

charge, disarm, hit him fucking hard, concussion blow, hit him fucking hard, intercept when he disengages, shockwave when he does deterence, use shield bash to slow.

With a hunter try and get them to pop deterrence (100% parry and bla bla bullshit) WITHOUT bladestorming.

you charge them, rend hamstring, if you can, use MS. just dps him till he disengages, when he does, use intercept, even if charged has CDed. put some intense pressure on him, if hes a retard he will deterrence and get away, thats when you charge, rend ms hamstring lolstorm, quick as you can. should kill him, and your healer should be able to CC. if at ANY moment you cannot get to the hunter and hes breaking your balls, use shield block and make sure your front is facing him, you will then block all of his attacks, that or LoS

WARNING: does not work 100% of the time, so if the hunter does any funny stuff be ready to adapt and react to what he does very quickly

hope that helps

Dont forget if hes a marks hunter he will be able to disengage/detterence twice.

look, a good hunter will always beat a warrior in 1v1.

if your in arena with a paladin partner, or a druid you should be able to win.

they counter most of our distance closers, charge/intercept vs scatter shot/pin/wyvern sting/disengage/detterence/trap root (dont forget, they can now place 3 traps on different CD for each school)/intervene.

althoug they will hardy ever use detterence until bladestorm.
    a good hunter/priest team spares most of this to counter distance closers, while burning your healer with viper/mana burn.
    while you are on the hunter the priest can mana burn everytime your healer gets in LoS to heal, especially if you have a paladin.

you either go on the priest/druid and hope the hunter doesnt constantly rape your kills by CC/roots, etc, while taking LOADS with the hunter left uninterrupted, or you can try and take the hunter, and get your healer oom, either way its a hard struggle vs good hunter teams.

the only advice i can give you is, kill something fast, tunnelvision for all i care, if they dont die before your healer goes oom, or his trinket/bubble etc is on CD with chain CC, your generally going to lose.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot

Oh Im Arns btw.

THIS IZ BRAND NEW INFORMETONS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Break into his house, and wait for him on his bed using the naked man technique.

20% of the time, it works EVERY time.

Yes that works. Because Hunters don't have Disengage, Ice Trap, Frost Trap, Detterance, a slowing pet and wingclip.

Gtfo back to your <1500 matches.

In Arena huntards with a healer behind them could be a bit tricky.
    Use youre coldowns wisely. Oh Im Arns btw.
    When you Hamstring I'd Wing Clip, When you MS i use Disengage, when you intercept and Bladestorm I use Deterrence and /lol at you

Might not be such a great tip for Arenas but when facing less experienced hunters It's great to try fight them from the "side", makes it really hard for them to get some traps going.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbraikable1998
    y everyone be so dick to me ??? i just ask help nice i say plz and u all jerk off me :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Badlock
    QQ Thread highjacked by an australian talking about his weener

I think i'll go to bed