Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Beating on of the soul shard problems forever...or until Cataclysm anyway.

I'm setting myself up for a hell of a lot of flaming by posting this but from what I have seen, not many people know this.

Obtaining soul shards can be bothersome as you either have to remember to drain soul near the nd of the fight or seek out a mob of a similar level to you to get some shards from.

But as I discovered you can actually gain soul shards from training dummies.

Flame on if you will.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Re: Beating the soul shard problem forever... or until Cataclysm anyway.

What is there to flame about it? :P
    It's a useful tip, not everyone would necessarily know.

10+ Year Old Account

There must be at least one person out there that knows this and would be angered by reading this post.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

OH NO YOU TOLD EVERYONE NOW BLIZZARD WILL PATCH IT RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH

Like that?

No seriously though that sounds like a pretty reasonable and useful tip for peeps that didn't know that.

nobody cares anyway i mean all warlocks on my server including myself do it. i highly doubt blizz will kill you for tipping people about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    OH NO YOU TOLD EVERYONE NOW BLIZZARD WILL PATCH IT RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH

Like that?

No seriously though that sounds like a pretty reasonable and useful tip for peeps that didn't know that.
    I was thinking something more like "Lol coz killing stuff ur lvl is so hard l2p and go back to scholl noob!"
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

If you run out mid-raid you can just jump outside and duel, they just stand there while you drain and get shards (you get at least one per soul drain on average). Works best if you do it with a healer - they just stand there and heal themselves, and 2 mins later you have a bag full of shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    I was thinking something more like "Lol coz killing stuff ur lvl is so hard l2p and go back to scholl noob!"
    ^

It's actually very common to see Warlocks doing arena by target dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Search Function is your friend, by the way.

I've seen at least 3 threads about this in the past :P
    but mmo-champions search is horrible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gagoono
    but mmo-champions search is horrible.
    Exactly.

And who searches for something they don't know exists?
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I am opening a ticket as we speak. This is game-breaking and cannot be allowed to continue or else class balance will become broken, ppl will quit wow, and the world economy will crash as a result. I don't think blizzard wants to be responsible for the fall of modern civilization and the global civil war that would come with it. Or do they?

/end sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account

Quick soul shard fix? make them stack to 20 stacks. Who doesn't have 3 extra spaces in their bags to load up on 60 soul shards.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Quick soul shard fix? make them stack to 20 stacks. Who doesn't have 3 extra spaces in their bags to load up on 60 soul shards.
    Soul Shards are unique to 32.

I really don't know what soul shard problem you all are talking about. Outside of the annoying fact that I lose a bag slot, I never find myself low on shards. I mean, I only use them now for healthstones and summoning portals. Depending on how much you wipe and how many warlocks in a raid, you could find yourself using maybe 2 shards per night.

Now, TBC was a different story. Having to summon a succubus after every wipe, plus healthstones (you could only get 10 from the soul well back then), plus summoning each player individually, yea you used a lot of shards back then. Some nights I was using 30+ shards.

The situation, although not perfect is better than it was in TBC.

Minor Glyph: Glyph of SoulShard: Your summon minion abilities no longer cost a Soulshard regent.
    kpdsngjkl;dfgnkl/'dfgndlfjk;gn'sgfmd/klgndfjlfd'

original idea, I know.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Soul Shards are unique to 32.

I really don't know what soul shard problem you all are talking about. Outside of the annoying fact that I lose a bag slot, I never find myself low on shards. I mean, I only use them now for healthstones and summoning portals. Depending on how much you wipe and how many warlocks in a raid, you could find yourself using maybe 2 shards per night.

Now, TBC was a different story. Having to summon a succubus after every wipe, plus healthstones (you could only get 10 from the soul well back then), plus summoning each player individually, yea you used a lot of shards back then. Some nights I was using 30+ shards.

The situation, although not perfect is better than it was in TBC.
    They are still quite annoying for the 7 of us affliction locks left. Yeah yeah yeah go ahead rip on me for being affliction, I'm used to it by now. Before any yelling, I'm saying it's ANNOYING not unmanagable in anyway (i've learned i have to make things perfectly clear on this forum to decrease the "lolwut" "l2p" posts). Its not that bad till you spend a night on 25h anub and you're making a well (cause the other locks are lazy arses lol), and summoning a pet every wipe, and every other wipe putting up a portal cause so and so forgot w/e they forgot.

Personally when we wipe I just make sure to release and get to the instance while it's still going so it kicks you out up top, and then duel the first person in raid i see. Grab a couple shards every few pulls from it and you're good to go. And if we get a break just run to the dummy and refill. I'm not sure where I was going with this so i'm done now.

Ok let the affliction flaming commence.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    If anyone says that they need to be slapped... Shard farming sucks and has always sucked... no reason to not use the dummies now... What I'm really pissed about is how they aren't making them stack STILL... even after they made hunter ammo stack way higher...

Quote Originally Posted by evoco
    They are still quite annoying for the 7 of us affliction locks left. Yeah yeah yeah go ahead rip on me for being affliction, I'm used to it by now. Before any yelling, I'm saying it's ANNOYING not unmanagable in anyway (i've learned i have to make things perfectly clear on this forum to decrease the "lolwut" "l2p" posts). Its not that bad till you spend a night on 25h anub and you're making a well (cause the other locks are lazy arses lol), and summoning a pet every wipe, and every other wipe putting up a portal cause so and so forgot w/e they forgot.

Personally when we wipe I just make sure to release and get to the instance while it's still going so it kicks you out up top, and then duel the first person in raid i see. Grab a couple shards every few pulls from it and you're good to go. And if we get a break just run to the dummy and refill. I'm not sure where I was going with this so i'm done now.

Ok let the affliction flaming commence.
    BTW affliction is back on top in 3.3 so yeah... if anyone flames you they are idiots...

Deleted

Re: Beating on of the soul shard problems forever...or until Cataclysm anyway.

Hello Everyone!

I've come up with this idea for Soul Shards system for Cataclysm:

Please say if you like/dislike:

- Warlocks now have access to only 3 Soul Shards. (4 with deep Demonology talent)
    - Spells that cost Soul Shards:
    ~ Affliction:
    *Shadow Coil
    *Dark Pact
    *Curse of Doom
    *Life Tap
    ~ Demonology
    *Demonic Empowerment
    *Soul Burn (New baseline spell)
    *Demonic Circle: Summon
    *Summon Demon
    *Enslave Demon
    *Inferno
    *Ritual of Doom
    *Ritual of Souls
    *Ritual of Summoning
    *Soul Shatter
    *Fel Affinity (New talented ability)
    *Metamorphosis (Consumes all Shards)
    ~Destruction
    *Shadowburn
    *Rain of Fire
    *Hellfire
    *Soul Fire
    - Soul Shards once used became depleted, and their energy is must be refiled so they can be used again. There is an energy bar in each Soul Shard, that fills up as you cast spells. (See like the Devil Trigger runes in Devil May Cry franchise!)
    - Each Soul Shard is refiled once you cast 20 spells. (Subject to test).
    - Channeling Drain Soul spell greatly increases the rate at which Soul Shards are refilled: each Drain Soul damage tick counts as four spell casts, which means an entire Drain Soul channel duration refills a Soul Shard.
    - You gain the first Soul Shard at level 10 (So you can summon the first demon) and at levels 30 and 50 you are awarded with the remaining ones.
    - Outside of combat (out of the 5 second rule) your Soul Shards are refiled with 1 spell cast each 1.5 seconds, as if you were always casting.
    - Healthstone, Firestones, Spellstones and Soulstones no longer cost a Soul Shard to produce.
    - Casting Unending Breath, Detect Invisibility, Soul Link, Sense Demons, Health Funnel, Demon Armor and Fel Armor doesn't fill Soul Shards, to avoid refilling exploits.

You can see the talent tree I've also created:

http://www.war-tools.com/t67357.html

In this talent tree check the Pyroclasm, Malediction and Decimation talents. I've also changed Dark Pact to sacrifice pet's life instead and gives a small bonus to spell power when used.

TLR - Warlocks now have 3 Soul Shards (4 with deep demo talent). It works like Devil Trigger from DMC franchise. Casting spells fill soul shard energy bar. Some spells require shards to cast. Metamorphosis consume all shards and the duration is 10 sec x shards consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by tobokke
    words
    I guess you missed where Blizz said they're changing the soul shard mechanic completely. Shards empower spells, and end up working a little bit like DK runes (small cooldowns under the nameplate, i think).

@tobokke

The soulshards system is already announced to change in Cataclysm and from what I heard only one spell costs Soulshards and that spell buffs the next spell you cast (buff is different for each spell)

I've been doing that for months. If I run out of shards mid-raid, I'll wait until we wipe on a boss, have a healer sit outside the instance with me rather than running back towards the boss, and gather shards from them spamming Drain Soul and having them heal themselves.

There really isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com