Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arcane of Anub 25 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice
    EDIT: Actually after looking at that customised Anub spec I tend to agree with you. It's awful. How can you not take Magic Absoroption in an Arcane spec designed specifically for Anub HM? The mind boggles.
    I actually tend to think MA is worthless for just about all of ToC. PC will kill you every time unless you get a full resist (which is pretty unlikely even with MA, but it can happen) or a heal before the first tick (second if you don't suck and hit frost ward / stone / frost pot). The damage reduction will reduce your healing done to anub from swarm due to nature resist, but that's fairly minimal unless you have PC for a large part of the phase.

I still run with MA in my arcane spec, but there isn't really any random "lolgibb" magic damage to speak of in toc when compared to something like thorim/mimi/freya.

15+ Year Old Account

if you're going to be arcane on anub, which you shouldn't be, MA reduces the amount that leeching swarm heals till it hit's the minimum amount.

also, in regards to the whole gemming thing, for this tier, it is often better to gem for 5 or more spellpower socket bonuses, something he/she does not do, which is why i said the gemming isn't ENTIRELY correct.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    also, in regards to the whole gemming thing, for this tier, it is often better to gem for 5 or more spellpower socket bonuses, something he/she does not do, which is why i said the gemming isn't ENTIRELY correct.
    YMMV, as always. The obvious example of Dreadstone vs Cardinal Ruby in a blue socket with +5 sp favours +23sp at lower/average T9 gear and +12sp/10sp in BiS, in my Rawr at least.

As for Magic Absorption, I think a 14% reduction in all magic damage taken for 2 talent points is rather insane. I wouldn't ever, ever leave MA out of an Arcane spec. Anyone who leaves it out in order to spec into a noob-trap talent like SotM 'becuz its a dps talent!' needs to l2p, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice
    YMMV, as always. The obvious example of Dreadstone vs Cardinal Ruby in a blue socket with +5 sp favours +23sp at lower/average T9 gear and +12sp/10sp in BiS, in my Rawr at least.

As for Magic Absorption, I think a 14% reduction in all magic damage taken for 2 talent points is rather insane. I wouldn't ever, ever leave MA out of an Arcane spec. Anyone who leaves it out in order to spec into a noob-trap talent like SotM 'becuz its a dps talent!' needs to l2p, IMO.
    MA isn't really a swap for sotm unless you aren't using IA. If you're using both, and you should be, you have to drop 2 points from something meaningful. Also, I'm hardly in BiS gear and rawr has been telling me to gem blue for ages. 2pc t9 is what does it.

I went back to arcane for Anub when the raid's AoE output exceeded what was necessary to kill the adds, and focus shifted back towards single target DPS. I'm not interested in ballooned DPS, so I'll never respec again for this fight.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ
    I went back to arcane for Anub when the raid's AoE output exceeded what was necessary to kill the adds, and focus shifted back towards single target DPS. I'm not interested in ballooned DPS, so I'll never respec again for this fight.
    Don't worry it's 3.3 time, nobody will!