Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Mp5 loot should go to healers first... fallacy?

gimme your hit rating gear so my penances don't miss!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Deleted

Following your logic a Hunter should take two handers from warriors/paladins, axes/swords/daggers from shaman and rogues.
    Yes, I think that Hunters should pass melee weapons... if the melee classes get more weapon DPS from it.

Hypothetical situation. A Rogue is using a 1 hander with 40 hit, 80ap, 40 crit rating and 178 DPS. A new weapon drops with 40 haste, 80ap, 40 crit and 178 DPS. Rogue is hitcapped so s/he wants it... should a hunter be allowed to roll?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p
    mp5 is not "bad" for any dps caster because he has more mana to use.
    MP5 is bad for casters because it doesn't improve their DPS output at all. Not one bit. It's a waste of stat allocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Yes, I think that Hunters should pass melee weapons... if the melee classes get more weapon DPS from it.

Hypothetical situation. A Rogue is using a 1 hander with 40 hit, 80ap, 40 crit rating and 178 DPS. A new weapon drops with 40 haste, 80ap, 40 crit and 178 DPS. Rogue is hitcapped so s/he wants it... should a hunter be allowed to roll?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers
    gimme your hit rating gear so my penances don't miss!
    actually, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47478 are bis-discpriest-trousers and i wear them in my discoffspec. i would like to have mp5 instead of hit, but there isn't any item with that stats. you can now slap me, if you want

So healers should get weapons with hit rating on when its an upgrade and has more spellpowerz?

nuff said...

This is something I don't get. Yes, Mp5 is a healer-oriented stat, but that doesn't mean a healer gets any extra regen from their new loot.

Say you've got one healer and a caster dps - both of them are using a 550sp weapon with 50 crit rating and 25Mp5. They run an instance and a 650sp 50 crit rating 25Mp5 weapon drops. So suddenly everyone goes "omfg healer wepaon!!!111 it got mp5". But why should the healer get it first if it doesn't give them any more Mp5?
    Because that item is probably best in slot for the healer while the caster might replace it tomorrow with his best in slot which has haste instead of mp5. If its best in slot for the dps caster then hell yes he should be able to roll on it. If its a pug then hell yes he should be able to roll on it.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

there's only been one time i've taken a dps weapon as a healer and that was when firesoul dropped from ulduar10, i was still using the ilvl 200 craftable mace and it was a huge improvement sp wise, no dps needed it so i took it, i got another 100 sp from it, crap thing was i then ended up going to toc5 hc about 30 times trying to get the mace from there to drop, it eventually dropped the other day and i'm glad to of gotten rid of that shit sword, next.. the toc10 mace :P

if it's a pug I guess both would roll, but if you're doing a guild run you should know better as the caster dps

either way, you wont see progression untill you gear your tanks and healers for content you know... as far as I'm concerned, having played all possible raid roles myself, you gear tanks and healers before dps for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    Turn it around - what if the mp5 on the loot was hit rating?

In the current design of the game, healers get a negligible return on any hit rating, so they don't gear for it.

Same thing with casters and mp5.
    Last I checked: mp5 benefits ALL casters. The only reason why a healer doesn't roll on a weapon with hit rating is because the get NO benefits from it, that doesn't mean they shouldn't roll on it's an upgrade, like lets say going from a weapon with 400 SP & 30 mp5 to a weapon with 600 SP & 40 hit rating.

While hit rating is specifically for DPS, MP5 benefits everyone. It's just mp5 is more geared towards a stat for healers since dps can find something with hit. Both healers and DPS would roll on a weapon that just contained spell power, crit, & haste.

15+ Year Old Account

Say you've got one healer and a caster dps - both of them are using a 550sp weapon with 50 crit rating and 25Mp5.
    The more important question here is... why is the caster DPS using a weapon that's not designed for them in the first place? I mean, it's not that hard to get a +hit weapon that's at least equal to that (and will provide better DPS throughput).
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    The more important question here is... why is the caster DPS using a weapon that's not designed for them in the first place? I mean, it's not that hard to get a +hit weapon that's at least equal to that (and will provide better DPS throughput).
    Random loot is random.

10+ Year Old Account

If no healer around to go roll for it ofc, its quite an upgrade if you change your 219 with 232+ even with mp5.

BUT if one of your healers needs the item, then they have priority on you, as opposite they can't (or won't) roll on +hit weapons. don't make it a big deal. and think a little about others.

Quote Originally Posted by Molobolo
    The only reason why a healer doesn't roll on a weapon with hit rating is because the get NO benefits from it
    Hit benefits healers when dispelling boss buffs, i.e. Fusion Punch or Nether Power.

My honest opinion on this, in healer perspective.

MP5 = healers get priority, it's how Blizzard seperated these items between healers/dps, if no healers wants it, and it's upgrade to dps, then dps can roll for it.
    Hit = dps get priority, if no dps wants it, but a healer sees upgrade in it 'Like I once did on a hit rating sword' then they can roll on it
    No MP5/Hit = Some items have Spellpower, Critical, Haste, those are the items both healers/dps can roll for.

It's how Blizzard seperated the items when they changed Healing/Damage to one Spellpower.
    So conclusion, MP5 should always be handed down to Healers first. I ran a guild raid once long ago, where MP5 items were handed down to a dps while it was a huge upgrade for me. When Blizzard changed Spellpower, they made it obvious to show which item benefits which class more.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Say you've got one healer and a caster dps - both of them are using a 550sp weapon with 50 crit rating and 45 hit rating. They run an instance and a 650sp 50 crit rating 45 hit rating weapon drops. So suddenly everyone goes "omfg dps wepaon!!!111 it got hit". But why should the dps get it first if it doesn't give them any more hit?
    see what i did there?

sometimes peeps have bad luck on drops and take poorly itemized gear because nobody else needed it and it was still an upgrade of sorts for them. know your class and its itemization priorities and quit being a greedy fuck.

it is not as if the dps don't get it, but the dps don't want it first. he passes if it is a greater update for a healer
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by Molobolo
    Last I checked: mp5 benefits ALL casters. The only reason why a healer doesn't roll on a weapon with hit rating is because the get NO benefits from it, that doesn't mean they shouldn't roll on it's an upgrade, like lets say going from a weapon with 400 SP & 30 mp5 to a weapon with 600 SP & 40 hit rating.

While hit rating is specifically for DPS, MP5 benefits everyone. It's just mp5 is more geared towards a stat for healers since dps can find something with hit. Both healers and DPS would roll on a weapon that just contained spell power, crit, & haste.
    caster dps usually dont have problems with mana. most of their spells are cheap enough and they have their ways to regenerate some of it. if they run oom its not a tragedy either, they just wont dps for a few secs.

healers cannot stop healing like this or people start dying. they must be able to heal throughout whole fight. their spells are more expensive, often have shorter casts which only increases mana cost.

anyway, im pretty sure it was already proven in spreadsheets that replacing any of haste / crit / hit / sp with mp5 would result in damage loss for a caster.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    anyway, im pretty sure it was already proven in spreadsheets that replacing any of haste / crit / hit / sp with mp5 would result in damage loss for a caster.
    Of course it would. Like I said, MP5 contributes absolutely nothing to a caster's ability to do damage.

well it contributes a bit. in situation when this guy would go oom normally bonus mp5 might let him fire 1 or 2 more spells. but yeah, those situations are rare enough and even then having all casts weaker just for that isnt good.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.