Enchanting in 3.3

ok so on silvermoon eu alliance the prices on dream shards are between 17 and 21 gold at the moment. i expect this to rise in 3.3 there are no rare blue drops in the new ICC dungeons and raids (afaik correct me)

it means people will run all the new ICC dungeons and raids to get new loot of level 219 and 245 in heroics . this means a huge increase of new items and new enchants and gems nedeed. i expect prices on greater cosmic essences to skyrocket to at least 30 gold. and dream shards to 25 g. this also means ppl will vendor or DE some epics > abyss crystals. i ve already noticed a slight increase in cosmic essence prices from 18-20 gold to 22-23 gold and i expect it
    to increase

also to note that in order to disenchant an item an enchanter must be present in the group. so some people will still do the pre TOC hc's for dream shards. i also expect some classes especially starting with prot paladins/dks to start soloing the level 78-80 normal dungeons and hc's mainly for shards.
    cus i was wondering if its profitable to buy dream shards now at 17-20 g and then sell them in 3.3

so how are the enchanting mats prices on other servers ? do you expect the price on enchanting mats to rise or fall ?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enchanting in 3.3

eternal essence and dust will drop with the big amount of abyss crystal done in ICC5 (Abyssal Shatter)

The only price that has a chance of increasing would be the shard. Even that is very unlikely since there will be even more pugs than before, especially when using the LFG tool.

Also, the number of people that wants X DE will go down, which means less money for enchanters.

But then again, more mats means lower prices, which greatly increases the chance that higher level enchants would be wanted.

Deleted

you might want to check www.wowjunkie.net for a list of things that worth invest in to get profit once 3.3 is live :P

Imo it won't be too bad for shards simply because of new welfare gear zomg. People who aren't up to gear will definitely be runnin a lot of old heroics where blues drop to get decked out in t9 equiv gear. So with all the blues people will get from those I don't think shards will go up that much and if they do it will be a bit later after the patch hits once all these people have gear and don't care so much for the badges.
    Everyday I'm shufflin.

I think the exact opposite will happen because of the DE option they added. Now everyone can DE blues from all the other heroics and sell them on the AH bringing the price down

You forget also that heroics drop Emblems of Triumph instead of Conquests and there'll be new LFG system. Those two things will increase instance runs significantly.

It wouldn't particularly surprise me if the price of Dream Shards goes up if only because people will be aware that many new enchants are going to be needed and start gouging.
    That said I really don't see how the price of Dream Shards can get much higher on my server (Moon Guard) without breaking the Enchanting market and leading to people just farming dungeons for them instead. They were at 33g. B/O minimum last night.

Most likely the price will either stay the same or increase slightly in the begining, because yes there will be an increase in supply, but demand will also increase at the same rate. Eventually tho, the demand will go back down but should be higher statically then before the patch due to all the new 5man items.

Deleted

I bought 2 stacks dream shards with 15g each from a guy. A good price since ah were 23g and in 3.3 will go more, also kinda offtopic buy saronite ore/bar might be a good invest, for more check my blog in the signature and goodluck making gold :P

But with the new Disenchant option in the loot window, shouldn't dusts, essences and abyssal know a sort of "inflaction" that will decrease their prices in AH? At the moment, in the istances all green items are normally greeded, as blue and purple ones if the enchanter in the group doesn't want to disenchant them (and so he will disenchant only those items that he will win with greed roll). In 3.3, instead, all items will be able to be disenchanted just for the enchanter's presence in the group, so the number of dusts etc will increase at a very high level, isn't it right? (Sorry for bad english)

You're right, the new disenchant feature only works if someone int he group is an enchanter. So, will the number of mats come available and be sold -- I think slightly. I have been in a number of groups where maybe 1 out of 5 runs had an enchanter. But, with the new patch and gear being upgraded, enchanting mats will be needed more in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleith
    You're right, the new disenchant feature only works if someone int he group is an enchanter. So, will the number of mats come available and be sold -- I think slightly. I have been in a number of groups where maybe 1 out of 5 runs had an enchanter. But, with the new patch and gear being upgraded, enchanting mats will be needed more in the beginning.
    WTF ur lyin all my grup hav had enchant.

Oh wait, I'm the enchanter.

Troll post rescinded.

Jubei'Thos changed, was pretty odd. Abyss crystals = 50-60g. Greater essence = 20-26g. dream shard still cheapish = 12-15g. but inf dust went down to 1-2g ea!

I find this to be pretty wierd, but with the abyss shatter and people farming toc norm, its easy mode enchanting mats so easy mode sales.