Arena Smite Spec, really worth it?

Hello, I just started playing again after a small break, but now I see a lot of priests walking around with a disc/smite spec.
    ( http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...PVY8OgA,,10952 )

I'd like to try it out, so I have a few questions about this spec.
    I am playing with a mage in 2v2 - worth it?
    If yes, then is there any like "requirements" to have this spec? I mean, should I have at least 2500 spell power or 28k HP or something?

Re: Arena Smite Spec, really worth it?

Played 2v2 with a mage? Very, very, very much worth it. Its pretty great to crit smite for 5k on top of the frost mage burst.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Played 2v2 with a mage? Very, very, very much worth it. Its pretty great to crit smite for 5k on top of the frost mage burst.
    Yeah sounds really good :P

Playing with mage or rogue in 2s, the priest will pretty much have to have the 54/17 spec.

However, the one you linked could be perfected a little. Rapture is still a must have, and I would strongly recommend Reflective Shield for 2s. You can ditch Enlightenment, and it'd be a challenge to find the points to keep DA. Remember Smite glyph as well.

played with the spec with a hunter and having that extra damage has won us a few matchs.

Smite specc is pure win.I mean what makes priests very good healers in arena? their ability to play very offensively so smite specc/glyph makes you rly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    Smite specc is pure win.I mean what makes priests very good healers in arena? their ability to play very offensively so smite specc/glyph makes you rly dangerous.
    I find it humerous when an offensive spec'd healer is dangerous because it can be offensive, when a DPS caster of the same class isn't dangerous at all unless they can hide in a corner. I'm sorry, but it's pretty ironic. The truth, yet funny nonetheless.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I find it humerous when an offensive spec'd healer is dangerous because it can be offensive, when a DPS caster of the same class isn't dangerous at all unless they can hide in a corner. I'm sorry, but it's pretty ironic. The truth, yet funny nonetheless.
    just the fact that they can be very offensive, with assisting burst, in a blink of an eye, and still be defensive is what makes em so strong.
    shadowpriests lack the potential survivability
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want