t9x4 or t9x2 and 2 better items ?

Got this dilemma where i thought maybe u could help me.

currently my character got 3/5 t9 and i can buy 1 more part but dont know if it's worth it for the extra 5% of judgement.
    wondered what u would do. got t9 hands in my bag. if im switching its gotta be the head/Chest, which one should be replaced for the moment if i bought another t9

Here's a link to armory so u know what im dealing with : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Sixtys%C3%ADx

Re: t9x4 or t9x2 and 2 better items ?

With my ret gear, I run 2p T9.25 and the other pieces were slotted with extremely comparable 245 gear. Since however, those pieces were replaced by their 258 counterparts.

However, I would definitely be using the T9 gloves and would try to meet the socket bonus of the belt instead of in the gloves. Just some friendly advice.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

This just in: The 4piece t9 is terrible.

The legs are over-saturated with expertise, and the chest has wasted armor pen. Not to mention there are 4-5 varieties of 245 and 258 mail/leather chests from 10-man hard mode and 25-man normal and hard modes that are superior.

Kosic

Why wouldn't you go for the 8 str socket bonus in chest over the 6 str one in your legs?

As we're very near to the same gear level, and yes, 4p is good if you don't have access to anything else. However, my chest/legs/helm off pieces are weighted better dps than going for 4p. Here's my armory if you're curious as I made it a point to log out in ret gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Fenr%C3%ACr

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    @Shetan;

I didn't see your ret gear, wasn't about when you posted your reply.

Anyways, the reason why i took 3x 20strength gem into my chest, instead of getting the socket bonus was marely down to already having an active meta and didn't need to switch gems. But now looking into it, even if i were to match the chest gems and just go for 2x 20strength in the legs i would loose strength gain.

This is a small math i've done on the sockets.

My setup;
    Titanium Razorplate
    Blue - 20 stre
    Red - 20stre
    Yellow - 20str
    Socket 8 strength (Not Matched)
    (60 strength)

T9.25 legs
    Blue - 10stats
    Red - 20 stre
    Socket 6 Strength (matched)
    (36strength)

Total 96strength

Sugguested Setup;
    Titanium Razorplate
    blue - 10stats
    red - 20stre
    yellow - 10stre / 10crit
    Socket8strength (Matched)
    (48strength)

T9.25 Legs
    blue - 20stren
    red - 20stren
    Socket 6 Strength (Not matched)
    (40strength)

Total 88 strength.

As you can see, i've just used the common epic gems without taking into note that i have Jc. Also you can point out i only got 2/3 Dragon's eye gems. That's due to having a gem used on a ring slot, but then i needed +hit so i had to leave it in my bags. =/

Edit; Just curious on what the other 3 items you're using so i can look forward for an upgrade (most likely on Eliestjerks?).
    2pct9 ups the value of crit rating.

short said: 2pt9 + yellow socket with +4 STR or more: STR/crit.
    2pt9 + yellow socket with 6 crit or more: STR/crit.

everything else: 20 STR.

Aye, In agreement with what Nzall is saying. The yellow socket is easily a str/crit gem with teh blue being your nightmare's tear. It, by all accounts, should increase your dps allbeit marginally. But when going for min/max, it's something to look into.

I use t9 4 sets (chest is BS chest.) and i have to say i feel no difference in 5% extra crit of judgement. but the t9 stats are nice though :P

you can do option c, but not with +10 to all stats

1. get +10 stat enchant
    2. get +10 stat gem
    3. get +10 strength/+10 something else gem

tbh i don't trust Rawr.
    sure, it gives nice calculation but those calculation is calculation only and not the actual thing.

ie. spamming strength might not be the best option as it removes some nice bonus socket options.

15+ Year Old Account

Uh, I don't think anybody is arguing that switching out to nab the socket bonus alone is better. What you're doing is transferring the slight dps loss of the nightmare tear (required to activate your meta) to your chest to activate the better socket bonus. You're not including the dps increase you would get in your pants from the extra 10 strength in your calculations, Kosic.

You can't run Rawr on an item-by-item basis, that's just completely silly. You have change your entire set around the new piece of gear, not just slap it on.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Lol, i looked at this completely wrong. Man i feel stupid. Before my t9 legs i had t8 legs which had a blue socket in them, and i've completely mixed up the whole yellow socket on the legs with a different item all together.

A stupid misstake on my behalf. Now i see what you're pointing at when you said i should use the pristmatic gem in my chest and not my legs. Can't believe i was blind at looking at my gem sockets. I don't know why i thought the gem socket on the legs were red and blue sockets, and not red / yellow. >.<

Removed my other posts as they were wrong. I must of thought when i upgraded from my t8 legs into t9, they had the same bonus, or the gemming was done before i had two part t9, when i switched everything into 20strength and 10crit/10strength. Also because my legs had my pristmatic gem there i must of assumed it was a blue socket and left it where it was.
    I will get right onto switching my gems around now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    You might be right there, but as i shown below i loose 8strength if i switch the gems over, which would be a basicly dps loss wouldn't it?
    Gemming the Legs with the Prisma gem was the right choice, because if you go for the chest you'll loose ~1-2 Str worth of dps.

=> An Orange gem is better than a red gem if you gain ~3.5 Str for using it.
    => Use the prisma in your chest and it will be worth 8-3.5 Str = 4.5 Str.
    => Use the prisma in you legs and it will be worth +6 Str
    => 6 Str > 4-5 Str => Legslot is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    This just in: The 4piece t9 is terrible.

The legs are over-saturated with expertise, and the chest has wasted armor pen. Not to mention there are 4-5 varieties of 245 and 258 mail/leather chests from 10-man hard mode and 25-man normal and hard modes that are superior.
    Oh yes the ArPen hate !_!. Bad items have Hit+Expertise on them - good items have Crit+ (Haste or Arpen) on them. Stop crying about ArPen, cause haste isn't any better than it.
    The legs are terrible indeed and most leather/mail nonsets are awesome, but this is NOT due to the Arpen on our chest, but more about our 2piece favoring Crit and by that the agility you find on leather/mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Oh yes the ArPen hate !_!. Bad items have Hit+Expertise on them - good items have Crit+ (Haste or Arpen) on them. Stop crying about ArPen, cause haste isn't any better than it.
    The legs are terrible indeed and most leather/mail nonsets are awesome, but this is NOT due to the Arpen on our chest, but more about our 2piece favoring Crit and by that the agility you find on leather/mail.
    Right now haste is better than armor pen. Period.

Our tier chest is good. probably the 2nd best 245 option to the crafted chest. But there are at least 5 mail/leather items that are better. 4 of which don't have armor pen.

The chest plate of the frostborn hero is the only other chest that's decent, and it's loaded with hit too. As little hit as we need other pieces would need to shift around quite a bit for the chest to be of use.