Thread: 2v2 arena

2v2 arena

Just wondering, does anybody know/think that they will make 2v2 actually viable again or have they just washed their hands of the balance issues and decided to render it useless? personally I enjoyed 2v2 the most, always have and probably always will. Mainly because Its much easier to coordinate two people and get them online at the same time, specially when one of them is yourself. 3v3 just seems to consist of alot of team jumping by members, and 5v5 is a joke to get people online. Anway not debated the reasons just wondered if it was going to be brought back?

Re: 2v2 arena

I think you just fail at 3v3

2v2 is the worst. it's all about who you are playing with, and what your combo is.oh and gear is also MAJOR dependent on how high you will get. there is rarely and skill involved

also 2v2 fights can last ridiculously long compared to 3v3, unless you run double faceoll dps, which on the other hand is not fun (ok it is fun for the first ten games but after that it's boring), all that will happen is -> dps1 on healer2, dps2 on healer1. healers outheal all dmg, and dps don't go oom.
    just today I played Hpala/warrior vs Hpala/hunter, the fight lastet 25 mins after we gave up,the ending was me just standing there and I rangeweapon'd the hunter while he shot at me, his partner eventually came and we all /danced in a circle, then we left

2v2 is the worst. it's all about who you are playing with, and what your combo is.oh and gear is also MAJOR dependent on how high you will get. there is rarely and skill involved

also 2v2 fights can last ridiculously long compared to 3v3, unless you run double faceoll dps, which on the other hand is not fun (ok it is fun for the first ten games but after that it's boring), all that will happen is -> dps1 on healer2, dps2 on healer1. healers outheal all dmg, and dps don't go oom.
    just today I played Hpala/warrior vs Hpala/hunter, the fight lastet 25 mins after we gave up,the ending was me just standing there and I rangeweapon'd the hunter while he shot at me, his partner eventually came and we all /danced in a circle, then we left
    I think you just fail at 2v2

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke

Every combo is viable in 2s, I play enhancement/frost mage 2v2 at 1800, and on my undergeared rogue we're doing 1600 after playing a day as DK/Rogue. in tbc I did 10 games as resto/resto, made all the other teams afk out cos they couldnt win :>

EVERY team is viable in 2s, some setups just counter more setups than others, stop deceiving yourself.

I believe that if the healers are outgearing the DPS'ers in the comps, it's going to be extremely difficult to burst anything down since they'll negate the damge a lot - and especially in the lower brackets(where outgearing often happens), setting things up for a kill isn't easy for many players.
    And well - if the DPS's just slam at each other, healers are very free to just spam heal them, and stay well out of the way to drink aso. Atleas that's how I've experienced it

Bananengurke I'm glad you can't read. Anyway ignoring the uneducated. My original question was do we know if they will make it viable again, Like I said Im not debating the reasons, so take your dick outta the 3v3 bracket I wasn't insulting it babes.

For people like you Bananengurke, I will make it clear. Have they said either in blue posts or hinted at the fact they would perhaps like to make 2v2 more viable again or have they just completely ignored it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by baskey
    For people like you Bananengurke, I will make it clear. Have they said either in blue posts or hinted at the fact they would perhaps like to make 2v2 more viable again or have they just completely ignored it. Thanks.
    uneducated people...lol
    next time think with your brain before you create a thread.
    answer is no, what did you think? all they do and say is they want to get away from 2v2 and balance around 3v3/5v5, why would they change their mind?

Problems with 2s is that to make it really fair they would have to nerf healers a bit. Now if they did that then 3s would be fucked since no healer would be able to keep people up long enough. 2s is a pain in the ass speically when I come across dk+healer. Only thing I could think of is a slight healing reduction placed on all people with enough points in the healing tree of their class (so resto for shammys+druids, holy or disc for priests and holy for paladins) meaning they only heal for lets say 75% of their usual healing when in 2s. That might make them a bit too weak when a ms is placed on them but well you get the point. If pvp healers are balanced around 3s (meaning they are ment to be able to keep themselves+2 others up) then I see something like this as the only way to bring 2s back in. Another option would be a healing reduction based on time. EG fight lasts 10min they get a slight healing debuff on everyone then fight goes on to 20min the debuff gets a bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    Problems with 2s is that to make it really fair they would have to nerf healers a bit. Now if they did that then 3s would be fucked since no healer would be able to keep people up long enough. 2s is a pain in the ass speically when I come across dk+healer. Only thing I could think of is a slight healing reduction placed on all people with enough points in the healing tree of their class (so resto for shammys+druids, holy or disc for priests and holy for paladins) meaning they only heal for lets say 75% of their usual healing when in 2s. That might make them a bit too weak when a ms is placed on them but well you get the point. If pvp healers are balanced around 3s (meaning they are ment to be able to keep themselves+2 others up) then I see something like this as the only way to bring 2s back in. Another option would be a healing reduction based on time. EG fight lasts 10min they get a slight healing debuff on everyone then fight goes on to 20min the debuff gets a bit bigger.
    ever tried surviving 2 dps who know how to coordinate cooldowns/cc as resto shaman? nerf? "ok"