Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Aff vs. Destro in 3.3 (In terms of RAID bosses, not trash / instances)

Affliction is viable ONLY if you have the 4 piece T9 bonus, otherwise Destro comes out ahead by far. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    Affliction is viable ONLY if you have the 4 piece T9 bonus, otherwise Destro comes out ahead by far. IMO.
    And you sure have some evidence to back up that claim against all the other posts in this forum saying Aff and destro are on par now ?

15+ Year Old Account

Personal skill in Affliction means more than 4pc T9 does in Destruction.

If you can't roll 5 timers, manage your mana, weave shadow bolts without allowing your timers to stay expired too long, or drain soul execute to the fullest degree, even with T9 you will do much, much poorer than a Destro Lock who does not have T9.

R.I.P. YARG

If you can't roll 5 timers, manage your mana, weave shadow bolts without allowing your timers to stay expired too long, or drain soul execute to the fullest degree, even with T9 you will do much, much poorer than a Destro Lock who does not have T9.
    Ye it's really hard, if you play with standard interface.....
    Srsly I dont get how ppl still complain about any lock talent tree have it harder in pve. Download class-timer or any similar addon and its a cake.

On topic now, I liked affli in its state in 3.0 but with the new concept that actually forced you to do this uber corruption to perform better than destro really didnt apeal to me. But now it's fixed so cba.

And I actually feel like my dmg as destro improved after "conflag nerf", with an average of 80% crit on the dot i easly do 7k dps in almost every encounter and on single target its more like to 8k, so along with the burst destro has, imo its still the way to go.

i dont unterstand whats so hard about doing affliction.
    you have to watch haunt expiring und UA expiring. rest fill with shadowbolt or souldrain - thats it.
    i do it with xpearl. each of your debuffs on the boss has a second timer. just estimate the flight time of haunt. thats it

i tried forte xorcist (i dont remember the exact name). it was horrible. tons of bars you dont need and just confuse you.

what are your expiriences ??