Re: Is Mana Burn too OP in arena?

Quote Originally Posted by elfeh
    I don't have problems with warriors mana burning me on shaman either
    Typo, okay? You get the point.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía
    Hi there,

After a night of doing 2v2 arena, we seem to come across alot of priests unfortunatley. I arena in my resto shaman and my partner is a ret pally. Tonight while in arena all i seem to get was a priest standing in the one spot spamming mana burn at me, in one particular arena i interrupted it and grounded it 16 times, yet he still had me at 0% mana.

This is especially bad if he is with a warrior/hunter/rogue for the 50% healing debuff since you got a 50% less healing debuff and no mana to heal with, so what im asking is do you think mana burn should be changed or given a cd for pvp?

Thoughts please - Thank you
    People still mana burn in arena? Given this is WotLK I would never waste time on mana burning. And your DPS should be helping out while you los the mana burns, its super easy to avoid and if your partner is putting out enough pressure he wont have time to mana burn or his partner will die.

only if you fail at Losing, the main drain that locks have is retarded though

Quote Originally Posted by Playdoughpo
    People still mana burn in arena? Given this is WotLK I would never waste time on mana burning. And your DPS should be helping out while you los the mana burns, its super easy to avoid and if your partner is putting out enough pressure he wont have time to mana burn or his partner will die.
    Watch hydra 7

@the guy above me: To los has become a verb, meaning as much as "get behind the fucking pillar"
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Queue up for arena...SHIT RoV.
    Start heading up elevator...SHIT priest team.

You have left the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by session
    Today there, after the night of thing which does the 2v2 hippodrome, as for us it seems that comes across to unfortunatley of many priests. I hippodrome of the shaman and my partner of my resto is pally flooding. I obtain at tonight hippodrome everything being, kind of while, I discontinued that, 16 times had made be based, however in the burning mark of mana of spamming of one point, there was a priest who stands in me of the specific hippodrome of 1 where in him still it has me with 0% mana. Because this did not obtain debuff or mana of 50% to be less remedy in order to be repaired, if you have asked, the scoundrel therefore no im you think he is with a soldier whether, or whether the hunter for debuff of 50% remedy if the burning mark of mana can be given, it changes whether, or CD for pvp it is, especially it is bad? You rejoice thought, - smiling thank you
    what...the...fuc*...
    You are now breathing manually.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cardrels
    what...the...fuc*...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    @the guy above me: To los has become a verb, meaning as much as "get behind the fucking pillar"
    i disagree

LOS has become a verb, meaning KEEP YOUR ASS FOR ME SO I CAN HEAL YOU

dont be always so positive, most of the time LOS'in is negative as hell so i straightened you up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Watch hydra 7

LOL your comparing the average arena player to Hydra, or his teams?.......

It's very easy to counter a manaburning priest in arena as a resto shaman. Me, playing a disc priest (shadowy in some cases) with a Feral druid.

The thing you need to worry about is getting Your dps to put pressure on either the priest or his partner, cause if the disc has to heal, you don't need to worry about burns. And also, wolf behind pillar, sneak your face out for 2 sec and throw off a heal and back you go.

Ghost Wolf is an insane tool against Mana burning, but once you go away too far, priest+partner nukes down your friend.

there's a 25% chance that you get a priest on the enemies team
    there's a 17% chance that you get rov
    there's a 25% chance that you're a healer where it makes no sense to even burn, because he will go oom faster anyway than you (palas, druids)
    there's a <10% chance that the enemie's priest is a completete idiot and doesn't even find his manaburn icon in his spell book

go figure the rest yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Playdoughpo
    only thing i ever see in arena when facing a priest is constant dispells and mana burns is fucking stupid

mana burn is fine if not too underpowered (now everyone thinks omg so not true) well yeah think of it priest have the worst mana regen of all healers, they have the most expensive heals, they have the longest CD and worst mana regen tools, all they can counter this up for is mana burn, unfortunately this is too easy to counter just run a few yeards to the right/left and success. should have shorter cast time and burn less imo 1.5 sec is easily avoidable.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

mana burn is fine if not too underpowered (now everyone thinks omg so not true) well yeah think of it priest have the worst mana regen of all healers, they have the most expensive heals, they have the longest CD and worst mana regen tools, all they can counter this up for is mana burn, unfortunately this is too easy to counter just run a few yeards to the right/left and success. should have shorter cast time and burn less imo 1.5 sec is easily avoidable.
    This source is not biased in anyway whatsoever