Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Moonkin raid spec? Which one?

There is a lot of "Owl... doesn't seem to proc much for me..." 5/10/15 % is exactly 5/10/15 % no more no less. So if X mob hits you 100 times it will proc 5/10/15 times.

The more valid reason is that you're simply not getting hit enough for the 5/10/15% to be worth it. Honestly there is a certain set of mandatory points you have to have and the rest is fillers based on personal choice. Stop trying to justify your personal choice to others, they will most likely not agree 90% of the time. That's why they are personal choice/taste. We all raid/play at different levels and most of us, with a little help/info from others, can adjust to make things work for us.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...u,F8SROe,10952 with 3 leftover points is pretty basic. Imp. MF. if you have 2 pc T9.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

right need a little bit help here also, some good stuff people are talking about balance spec's but need some help also i know am doing everything right with rotation am using and enchants are right with gems but not to sure if i have the right spec for my gear as people are talking about if someone could have a check please would be helpful here is my amour link i have 4p t9 set bouns

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nar&n=Livishan

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    fair enough, but there are numerous other trinkets out there that are better.

so i guess you are ignoring the plain and simple math and logic as to why genesis is a garbage talent. Can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink. In the end, you are the one gimping yourself. If you are content in that, good for you.
    Yes I would kill my own mother for the Anub'arak (25) trinket, but some people aren't as lucky as you are :, so I use what I can get.
    But it seems you have strong opinions about the moonkin spec and you're going pretty agressive about it, I'm not gimping myself, I'm among top 3-5 dps in my guild, we've killed 2/5 in TOC25 heroic, if I can push 5-6k dps, which is enough from a single dps'er, isn't that all that matters?

"If you are content in that, good for you." God... Relax man :

Quote Originally Posted by Livi
    right need a little bit help here also, some good stuff people are talking about balance spec's but need some help also i know am doing everything right with rotation am using and enchants are right with gems but not to sure if i have the right spec for my gear as people are talking about if someone could have a check please would be helpful here is my amour link i have 4p t9 set bouns

Gear is looking good, however, with current patch I urge you to use T8 2set bonus + T9 2set bonus, while it's still un-nerfed. T8 2set bonus is just too good to miss. As it adds 15% extra crit to starfire lunar eclipse and 15% extra damage to wrath solar eclipse.

I also recommend you to use stamina/spirit enchant on your pants, its not alot of spirit, but it gives a little more regen/spellpower. -- If you think you can lose those 30 stamina ofc.

And since you've been blessed with those trinkets, I think your spec is pretty much perfect. It's how I would've specced with your gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Livi

wow you're way over hit cap for 25mans as alliance (i'm going to assume that you're running with at least 5 draenei in your raids) and you can drop about 80 of that haste rating you have in favor of more crit...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

i know i need to loose abit hit is high need to loose that but haste i like but my crit is ok and i have the crit trinket also but i don't know which trinket i should loose because both are good but thanx for the advice and i ll look into getting the 2t 8 bouns with the 2 t9 bouns

Quote Originally Posted by izihbo
    Yes I would kill my own mother for the Anub'arak (25) trinket, but some people aren't as lucky as you are :, so I use what I can get.
    But it seems you have strong opinions about the moonkin spec and you're going pretty agressive about it, I'm not gimping myself, I'm among top 3-5 dps in my guild, we've killed 2/5 in TOC25 heroic, if I can push 5-6k dps, which is enough from a single dps'er, isn't that all that matters?

"If you are content in that, good for you." God... Relax man :
    my opinions are based solely on math and well tested and accepted resources. This isn't aggressive, trust me. This is me trying to educate somebody that doesn't care to change, even in the face of evidence pointing squarely for it.

Let me put it this way. Even though you appear to be perfectly content in your contribution to your guild's boss kills (which i will admit is respectable), do you feel that you are 100% living up to your full potential? Are you doing everything possible to pull your weight? Or do you think that there are things about your play style/gear/spec that you have room to improve upon?

I refuse to admit that even the top players in the entire world are to the point that they have no room for improvement, either through gear, making better decisions, exploring alternate specs, ect...

Since we have already discussed your trinket choices.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45308
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40432
    are both solidly better than the triumph badge hit rating trinket. My spreadsheet even ranks sundial of the exiled higher than yours. I'm not sure about your sever, but pugging OS25 on my server is amazingly easy to do. And talking your guild into killing 2 bosses in Ulduar10 every week shouldn't be much of a challenge, i would hope. And with the new trinkets coming out tomorrow, there will be other more appealing alternatives to the hit rating trinket in all 3 instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Raissmo
    I don't really have a point in Owlkin Frenzy. I don't expect do get hit in raids. And if you do, it's a boss AOE which means your Owlkin Frenzy won't make a difference.

Here's my built:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lyon&n=Raissmo
    Owlkin Frenzy procs off damn near anything, including boss aoe.

Just from ToC, incidental/boss aoe/random damage that procs OF:

Snobold Firebombs
    Staggering Stomp
    Burning Bile
    Massive Crash
    Fel Lightning
    Legion Flame
    Spinning Pain Spike
    Infernal Eruption
    Dark Surge
    Light Surge
    Penetrating Cold
    Leeching Swarm

And obviously all the damage flying around on Faction Champs.

Just to note, the amount of uptime on Owlkin Frenzy during the Twin Val'kyr borders on the ridiculous.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.