LF - Jeeves macro

OK, so, certain people are complaining that they don't get notified when jeeves gets dropped down.

So, I was thinking something like:

Code:
    #showtooltip Jeeves
    /use jeeves
    /w player BOT IS UP! PAY ATTENTION! GO REPAIR!
    /rs BOT is up, all repair now!
    /tar jeeves
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 8);
    However, the bot doesn't instantly spawn, thus isn't getting targetted, and thus not getting the icon.
    If i press the macro twice, it works.

So, I either need:
    * Some way to allow the macro to have a delay in which the bot can spawn and be targetted.
    * Some way to add an if statement, that results in the /rs yell only being spammed if the bot is selected. This still needs me to press the macro twice though.

Anyone an idea?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: LF - Jeeves macro

I'm not that good at making macros, but I know that you can't delay a macro. The if-statement is possible though. Wait for another person who knows some more about macros than me

TBH whenever Jeeves is put up in our guild a few people go JEEVES!

Or if they are pro !SEVEEJ
    Dinnerbone: O cam pn;y see pme [13:04]
    Dinnerbone: Wow I fail at typing [13:04]
    Dinnerbone: I can only see one.
    Dinnerbone on IRC

For all I know, there is no more elegant solution for this situation.

I'd simply macro a yell or raidwarning that you used it, like I do for Fish Feasts - it's not like you can mark those with raid icons, and the automatic emote apparently isn't enough for people to notice it.

Deleted

Don't need an addon for it, just a short simple macro that doesn't hog extra memory.

I just use the normal repairbots cause that one walks around and fucks with people.

However I've named him Steve, and whenever I pop him I have a /y macro.

/y HAIL STEVE THE WIPEBOT!

Usually makes people aware of it, though I pop it after raid leader asks for it so it gets noticed.

There is a way to delay writing in macros atleast with /in #(secs to delay) or how it was, dunno if it works with marks.

I just pop Jeeves after a wipe while everyone else is buffing (I am a DK), and toss a Purple Smoke Flare on him.

It's pretty easy, since Jeeves is Engineering, Smoke Flares are Engineering, my class has easy buffs, and I have time to do this while everyone else is buffing.

It'll also not use a Raid Icon, so people can mark up tanks, bosses, etc with no conflict.

I know you are looking for a macro, but this might be a viable alternative until one is found.

I do know there is one that will automatically inform the Raid via RW when Fish/Repairbot/Soulwell/etc is dropped, can't think of the name tho

Quote Originally Posted by Loevi

There is a way to delay writing in macros atleast with /in #(secs to delay) or how it was, dunno if it works with marks.
    can't use /in # delays for combat abilities sadly ;D

Code:
    #showtooltip Jeeves
    /use jeeves
    /sw 10
    /script Stopwatch_Play();
    /in 10
    /w player BOT IS UP! PAY ATTENTION! GO REPAIR!
    /rs BOT is up, all repair now!
    /tar jeeves
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 8);
    Something like that should work.

i think you need the Ace2/3 addon library to use /in as well
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so.

Well bbr your raid clearly needs things like this drawn to their attention otherwise you wouldn't be making this thread, so

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...announcer.aspx

sounds like it would be helpful, since it will announce anyone's Jeeves or anyone's Fish Feasts \ Mage Tables etc.

That takes care of the announcing part, then if you want an elegant way to mark the Jeeves since manually marking him is too much of a pain, this is what you're looking for... just tap it twice.

/tar Jeeves
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 3);
    /use Jeeves

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

mine is:

/yell I NEED TO ASK JEEVES!!!
    /cast Jeeves

something similar

just do something basic:

/yell JEEVES