Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will be ICC25 doable with ToC25 reg. gear?

Im gunna keep this simple and easy since the OP's topic title made me facepalm (no offense).

If you know not to stand in fire and can dps where you're niche should be, if you're a tank and can control adds and/or boss as you should and know when to use your CD's, if you're a healer who can maintain evenly flowing heals and keeping the tanks up w/o OOMing in 30sec then ICC should be a breeze.

If I can do 17million in healing in TotC heroic in T8 gear and basically solo heal both tanks on more than one occasion through various phases then I can do ICC no problem and I am not worried at all. Only thing I am worried about are casters ninjaing my ring/neck/cape upgrades in the first few weeks with dkp lol. Going on vacation due to college has me undergeared currently so ICC is an exciting endeavor .

Quote Originally Posted by skoging
    Naxx10 --> Ulduar10 --> TotC10 --> ICC10

Naxx25 --> Ulduar25 --> TotC25 --> ICC25

and then you do heroic modes if you want more of a challange.

This is Blizzards intentions atleast, if this isn't possible, Blizzard kinda failed. 25 man gear shouldn't be required for 10 mans and vice versa.
    /thread

Blame the community for changing this, IE "LFM ToC25, must have full toc10 "

to the op, the answer is clearly.. yeah..
    unless they changed the design, you should be able to easily clear current 25 men content with previous tier 25 men content...
    now, if we're talking about hard modes, for certain hard modes you'll need both gear and mentality..
    but then again, if you ARE doing those hard modes, then you wouldn't be asking this question..
    this being said, i'm a sad panda..
    those complaining about how difficult toc hc is are just terribad players..
    i'm running toc 25 hc with a pug on my server and for the last two weeks we made beast --> val'kyr in 7 try.. (4 try on valks since some ppl failed with door strategy but meh)..
    that should say it all..
    there were 5-6 ppl from various different guilds, NO common vent, and the rl gave minimum disposition via raid chat only...
    this should tell definitely something about toc 25 hard modes difficulty :ç

let's just hope that early icc will be as early ulduar and some ppl will enjoy the blast of doing some actually challenging stuff before it gets nerfed, else god only knows how ppls would suffer for not being able to faceroll anything.. god forbid that!

Quote Originally Posted by Invar
    I used Rune of the Guard Captain (a hinterlands quest reward) until I got Drake Fang Talisman from BWL.
    That's not a positive feature.

I realize this has gotten somewhat derailed, but keep in mind that by the time you're getting to Plagueworks, Blood Halls and Frostwing Lair you'll have spent a few weeks getting gear from the earlier sections. By the time you can even pull bosses like Lana'thel and Sindragosa, you're going to have a fair amount of ICC25 gear already.

On the topic of Blue Ulduar - not to diminish their achievement, but it took them 7:45 and 20 wipes (log #1 #2). By contrast, I'm sure they'd do it in a third the time (and only 0-2 wipes) in their "normal gear" (ilvl 213-226). When someone's asking for overgearing, it's for one of two reasons: (1) they want to be carried, or (2) they want to make the run as smooth as possible. I'm as annoyed by the practice as anyone, but you can't argue that Blue Ulduar permanently ends discussion of the value of gear.

My guess is Death Bringer Saurfang will be a little harder than normal TOC Anub difficulty. There is a little more to keep track of, and even if you have great DPS/heals you will wipe if your ranged group up too much, or if you handle the adds badly. Maybe TotGC 10 Anub difficulty - you have to be careful, and play well, but if you have > ulduar quality gear you can do it.
    Seems not true, most reports I read what that guilds oneshot everything inside.
    Also another thread here states that next gate will open in 28 days, so we can embrace ourselves for massive QQ for not giving hardmodes and current content showing butter-bosses.

Just to add:

We did fine on our fist attempts of ICC25 using ToC25/ToC10 gear.

We've downed 1st boss in our first try.

But...p1 of Lady was crashing us...Im sure we'll defeat her next weekend and as I saw on 10m encounter, I guess Gun Ship and Saurfang Jr will be better than Lady Deathwhisper.

Thank you all for replies here.

Yours,
    Ravell

Quote Originally Posted by ravell
    Just to add:

We did fine on our fist attempts of ICC25 using ToC25/ToC10 gear.

We've downed 1st boss in our first try.

But...p1 of Lady was crashing us...Im sure we'll defeat her next weekend and as I saw on 10m encounter, I guess Gun Ship and Saurfang Jr will be better than Lady Deathwhisper.

Thank you all for replies here.

Yours,
    Ravell
    Same thing here, same realm, but different guilds

Marrowgar down on the 2nd try, but Lady p1 killed us too :\

English is not my main language, but I try!

I guess it would be pretty much doable in Naxx gear. If somebody ofc still has it for some unknown reasons.

no, it is impossible without the 6 extra ilevels on each part of your gear you mut farm in icc10 first.

OP is a troll?
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga
    OP is a troll?
    No, Im an Orc. :