Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Holy 51/0/20 spec - Sacred Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    Yea lol Unyielding faith is for my personal taste when running dungeoun, that 30% make me get out of fear fast enuff to get to heal peoples, remember mobs on last boss of DTK, UK? and also i like to do bg so that 30% fear reduction helped, plus in the past i used to lose to lock most of the time in dual , so this talent helped me beat them.
    yes, speccing to help u heal heroics is pro for sure.

if u just hit 80 after ulduar, don't u think there is a chance some of the members here might have a better knowledge of pally healing and could give u some good advice?

1. get rid of glyph of holy shock and get glyph of wisdom before i kill myself for looking at it.
    2. forget the haste gems. get haste from gear. not to hard to do, if u have a choice to have item with crit mp5, and like another with haste mp5, or haste/crit, use the haste one. U really did 25 toc all this time and the haste mp5 ring off jax never dropped where u can get? same with the chestplate of frozen lake off twins? pick the right gear from now on, it helps. Haste/mp5 best, haste/crit ok, crit mp5 least effective.
    2. crit/hit chant on boots is 100% worthless, horrible. get tusk vital for speed and stam. in fights u move in, it really does help.
    3. head and shoulder chants, go with sp/mp5 over sp/crit. small change, but the mp5 is way more regen and the crit is barely enough to be thought of as throughput.
    4. please put the pt out of UF and put it in holy guidance. sp is small, but better then that.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    yes, speccing to help u heal heroics is pro for sure.

if u just hit 80 after ulduar, don't u think there is a chance some of the members here might have a better knowledge of pally healing and could give u some good advice?

1. get rid of glyph of holy shock and get glyph of wisdom before i kill myself for looking at it.
    2. forget the haste gems. get haste from gear. not to hard to do, if u have a choice to have item with crit mp5, and like another with haste mp5, or haste/crit, use the haste one. U really did 25 toc all this time and the haste mp5 ring off jax never dropped where u can get? same with the chestplate of frozen lake off twins? pick the right gear from now on, it helps. Haste/mp5 best, haste/crit ok, crit mp5 least effective.
    2. crit/hit chant on boots is 100% worthless, horrible. get tusk vital for speed and stam. in fights u move in, it really does help.
    3. head and shoulder chants, go with sp/mp5 over sp/crit. small change, but the mp5 is way more regen and the crit is barely enough to be thought of as throughput.
    4. please put the pt out of UF and put it in holy guidance. sp is small, but better then that.
    Ty for your advice.

I been raiding for a very long time with spec 53/00/18 I learned to raid with it and to stay with it, till after Toc patch I decided to follow up a friend's advice. The raiding I was doing in that guild was more hardcore then what I got used too. I did raid long with a 30seconds Sacred Shield, so I know how it feels like. Now that I am using spec 53/18/00 I notice a huge difference. I did had to get used to less Critical from the Retribution spec, but the extra you gain from Divine Sacrifice used in most fights and the extra 30second Sacred Shield 'Making it easier to keep both SS and Beacon running at same time without worrying of keeping refreshing one and another seperate' I kinda grew fond of this spec.

I learned that every Holy Paladin plays by his/her own spec. Even though I grew up in Wotlk with 53/00/18 spec, and sometimes I do feel I want to return to it. I mostly remain with 53/18/00 spec due to the Divine Guardian special effect on Sacred Shield. Play how you feel most comfortable with. Some guilds will prefer you to have Divine Sacrifice, while for other guilds it doesn't matter wether you have extra points in Protection or Retribution or even have the 51/5/15 spec. As long as you put your points good and know how to the talents to their fullest avantage.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

I still prefer the 51/5/15. We use 2 prot paladins who SS themselves, ( now only if they would refresh my beacon 2 -.-) i also carry the holy/prot spec as dual spec and swap according. But for most part 51/5/15 works perfect, consider raid comp when you spec and then work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    I still prefer the 51/5/15. We use 2 prot paladins who SS themselves, ( now only if they would refresh my beacon 2 -.-) i also carry the holy/prot spec as dual spec and swap according. But for most part 51/5/15 works perfect, consider raid comp when you spec and then work from there.
    I kinda dislike when Prot Paladins SS themselves. xD My tracker will not show it and I'll just keep 'habit' pressing SS on him/her and they'll go on Ventrilo 'Stop SS me, I can do it myself' *innocent smile*

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimaster
    like u shouldnt do a holy light on a mage when his hp is at 5-10% and expect them to live longe nuff for your HL to land( they probably will die before that HL land), that case Shock him or FoL 2 time then HL.
    Lol, your using HL wrong.

Mine is around 1.2 second cast time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

8% crit is useless.
    You're wasting your points by going into the ret tree as a healer.
    You're much better off with the survival abilities from the prot tree.
    Since 3.2, crit just hasn't been as good. There are TONS of posts on these forums explaining all the details as to why.

Your gear will give you plenty of crit on its own without you having to rely on 8% from the ret tree.

More crit, more spell power, only give more overhealing. You'll never see any real benefit from it other than spamming to see big yellow numbers flash on your screen.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, or a FoL spammer. And as we all know, FoL spamming pallies live at the very bottom of the healer barrel. Stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles
    8% crit is useless.
    You're wasting your points by going into the ret tree as a healer.
    You're much better off with the survival abilities from the prot tree.
    Since 3.2, crit just hasn't been as good. There are TONS of posts on these forums explaining all the details as to why.

Your gear will give you plenty of crit on its own without you having to rely on 8% from the ret tree.

More crit, more spell power, only give more overhealing. You'll never see any real benefit from it other than spamming to see big yellow numbers flash on your screen.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, or a FoL spammer. And as we all know, FoL spamming pallies live at the very bottom of the healer barrel. Stay away.
    Except for Zaroua from Premonition who stacks spellpower, uses the FOL libram and spellpower trinkets and then FOL spams to contribute to his guild getting world first Tribute to Insanity, amirite? Very bottom of the barrel.

As for 51/20/0 vs 51/5/15 and 51/0/20... In my raid, I find more use for 51/20/0 with DS+DG. Even with the nerf to raidwall, the 20% minus the GCD required to use DS+DG safely is still great. But this is one of those cooldowns you need to actively use. If you find it sitting on your bar otherwise unused, you either have to start using it effectively or change specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raëlle
    I kinda dislike when Prot Paladins SS themselves. xD My tracker will not show it and I'll just keep 'habit' pressing SS on him/her and they'll go on Ventrilo 'Stop SS me, I can do it myself' *innocent smile*
    Get clcbpt. It tracks all SSs in the raid as well as your FoL HoTs, Beacon and JotP.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Get clcbpt. It tracks all SSs in the raid as well as your FoL HoTs, Beacon and JotP.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx
    I am using that addon. And yes it does show if a Prot Paladin has it's own SS one, but when my 'Sacred Shield color line' on my window is off, I habit press shift, left mouse click on it. Like I said it's a habit when I do not see my SS on my tank.