Glyph of Horn of Winter vs Glyph of Raise Dead?

Which is more viable for a Blood DPS spec?
    43 1

Re: Glyph of Horn of Winter vs Glyph of Raise Dead?

wat

U use both togheter with pest?o.O

edit: if u rly must choose, raise dead u will not allway have a corpse to rise it from

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HemmerN
    U use both togheter with pest?o.O
    ^

the only minor glyph that affects your dmg is the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43672
    how and rd minor glyphs are only taken cause of laziness (duration/corpse dust waste of inventory space)

blood tap: selfdmg almost not noticeable
    corpse explosion: ce itself is weak/to situational, you don't specc that
    death's embrace: you rarely coil your ghoul, "waste" of rp

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    the only minor glyph that affects your dmg is the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43672
    how and rd minor glyphs are only taken cause of laziness (duration/corpse dust waste of inventory space)

blood tap: selfdmg almost not noticeable
    corpse explosion: ce itself is weak/to situational, you don't specc that
    death's embrace: you rarely coil your ghoul, "waste" of rp
    Its moreso for use on yourself if you spec and use Lichbourne

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    Its moreso for use on yourself if you spec and use Lichbourne
    He asked for a blood dps spec. Chances are he's talking pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Testrum
    Which is more viable for a Blood DPS spec?
    You can never guarantee a corpse for RD.

That said, you should be using Pestilence and RD, and then your choice of HoW or Blood Tap.

technically the HoW glyph would be dps increase as well, at least for one person in the raid. you're usually spamming HS and DS and when you do have a chance to use something else like RP dumps, you're swimming in RP to dump at least two DCs, by then runes are off cooldown. so anything to reduce the amount the GCDs used to maintain HoW would be an increase, albeit somewhat small, but an increase nonetheless.

but as the above have already said, HoW, RD and Pest should be your glyphs for blood

Really HoW and Pest...The third is of no real importance

10+ Year Old Account

raise ghoul guarantees you can get a ghoul up for some extra damage whenever it is ready. if you don't have such a glyph, you either have to carry dusts, or hope for a corpse.

raise & pest & how/blood tap is the way to go.

HoW is an absolutely pointless glyph.
    There are no DKs who only use horn once every 3 minutes. Get Blood Tap instead - there are fights where you can't afford to take that ~500 damage (e.g. HM Anub).

Deleted

Sadly glyph of horn of winter is pretty much necessary, as someone else will have it, and that means you can't use horn of winter to generate RP (because theres is "a more powerful buff")

The glyph itself is entirely useless other than for this reason, unless you're using a spec constrained by GCDs

Quote Originally Posted by Deck
    HoW is an absolutely pointless glyph.
    There are no DKs who only use horn once every 3 minutes. Get Blood Tap instead - there are fights where you can't afford to take that ~500 damage (e.g. HM Anub).
    and this point is pointless. the only fight that 487 damage *might* kill you as dps is heroic Anub. if someone is asking this question, i have serious doubts that they're ready for such fights.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Sadly glyph of horn of winter is pretty much necessary, as someone else will have it, and that means you can't use horn of winter to generate RP (because theres is "a more powerful buff")

The glyph itself is entirely useless other than for this reason, unless you're using a spec constrained by GCDs
    #showtooltip Horn of Winter
    /cancelaura Horn of Winter
    /cast Horn of Winter

Put that in a macro, problem solved. No more "More powerful buff" stuff if someone has the glyph and you don't. Yes, it only takes one click to cancel & recast, you do not have to press the macro twice.

TBH i didnt even know blood tap caused damaged until i read that glyph so just use HoW, RD and pest the other minor glyphs are useless. The Death coil one is marginally useful in pvp but thats it.

Deleted

I used that for one raid until I realised it was hurting more than it helped. As frost my HoW use is basically "press the button when I have nothing else to press". Sometimes it'd be on cooldown, and I'd lose the buff. Sometimes I'd double tap, casting the buff and removing it again instantly. /cancelaura just leaves no room for error as it's not on the GCD.

could have gotten used to it and started to keep an eye on the cooldown, but having yet anoter thing to pay attention to in what is already a "hard" to optimise seemed to be more hassle than it was worth for saving a minor glyph slot. Even landing an autoattack without HoW was lost dps.

Initially I just got all DKs to not use it, which helped, but then we do a cash pug or a daily heroic with a random DK, and you could be 90% sure they'd be running that glyph.

Eventually we just sucked it up and used our minor slot on it. No doubt it's a waste, but there's no notable alternative glyphs at least.