imp blood pres. vs bloodworms

for blood i know bloodworms is a sort of dps increase but wouldn't maxing out imp blood pres be better on healers and yourself than a 100 or so dps increase.

so like this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0IcrRf0stZfMbhxc

Re: imp blood pres. vs bloodworms

There is so much overhealing going on anyways, sometime you want to limit that healing(anub p3)
    But hitting an enrage timer because someone didnt squeeze out that last bit of dps = wipe

(Sig snipped, too large - Sorry!)

no

as a blood 2h dps healing is the last thing you need to worry about , go for more dps for sure

Deleted

Don't bloodworms eat aoe heals? Or has that been fixed? Haven't played blood in ages.

If they eat heals you shouldn't take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Don't bloodworms eat aoe heals? Or has that been fixed? Haven't played blood in ages.

Bloodworms have like 800 health, the odds of them taking damage and not dying are close to nothing.

In response to the op one of the talents increases dps and the other one doesn't, it shouldn't be a tough choice.

Deleted

They were valid targets for PoM, Ancestral Awakening, and Wild Growth (and anything else if they happened to take damage without dieing, which would be rare I agree).

I believe PoM was indiscriminate, Ancestral Awakening wasn't that "smart" and whilst WG did heal only targets that had taken damage, if it didn't have enough targets with a health deficit, it would cast on those with 100% health, including blood worms in which case the HoT would be wasted.

According to official forum posts this has been fixed though so yeah, blood worms would be optimal (simply because nothing else does damage, even if it is so minor)

15+ Year Old Account

The only problem I remeber that occured and hasn't been fixed was the Bloodworms beating on Snaplasher during the Freya encounter. It was dumb and I don't think they've fixed it. However, that is old content so it shouldn't matter too much.

The amount of damage they provide was never enough for me to skip rune tap and vamp blood.

One demand heal that can potentially save your life > 80-90 dps imo but at this point, its all player preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram

it's been fixed, they no longer eat AoE heals

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    The amount of damage they provide was never enough for me to skip rune tap and vamp blood.

One demand heal that can potentially save your life > 80-90 dps imo but at this point, its all player preference.
    Learn to move out of fire and void zones.

Raid healing is easy as long as your dps isn't a bunch of retards.

The ONE and ONLY instance I can think of where you might need to save your own life is on Anub HM. If your healers get overtaxed and you have like 5% health left, saving your own butt might mean getting the boss down. But then again, if you have the extra dps from bloodworms and are competent enough to realize that taking Rune Tap is retarded as dps, then you shouldn't have that much of a problem anyway.

VB > Rune Tap any day of the week. VB gives you MORE health and allows more healing. If your healers can't save your butt in the time before VB expires, well then it's a wipe and nobody is worried about 100 dps anywhere.

DPS > having baddie healers imo

If you aren't unholy for anub then you're doing it wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    If you aren't unholy for anub then you're doing it wrong anyway.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by jraschke11
    Learn to move out of fire and void zones.

Raid healing is easy as long as your dps isn't a bunch of retards.

The ONE and ONLY instance I can think of where you might need to save your own life is on Anub HM. If your healers get overtaxed and you have like 5% health left, saving your own butt might mean getting the boss down. But then again, if you have the extra dps from bloodworms and are competent enough to realize that taking Rune Tap is retarded as dps, then you shouldn't have that much of a problem anyway.

VB > Rune Tap any day of the week. VB gives you MORE health and allows more healing. If your healers can't save your butt in the time before VB expires, well then it's a wipe and nobody is worried about 100 dps anywhere.

DPS > having baddie healers imo
    Now lets bring ourselves back to a time when a fight like Mimiron HM was somewhat difficult and you didn't horrendously outgear the encounter. Say someone made a mistake, which is bound to happen now and then because people aren't robots. I know that its hard to believe, but I'd rather have an on demand heal for those oh shit moments when someone makes a mistake.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    Now lets bring ourselves back to a time when a fight like Mimiron HM was somewhat difficult and you didn't horrendously outgear the encounter. Say someone made a mistake, which is bound to happen now and then because people aren't robots. I know that its hard to believe, but I'd rather have an on demand heal for those oh shit moments when someone makes a mistake.

All the mistakes on that fight can be fixed ( or delayed ) with AMS. Atleast, the ones that aren't your fault. If they are your fault then just don't do it again.

That was just an example. Not everything can be fixed with AMS. All I'm saying is that having more defensive cool downs is better than having 80-90 dps that may die instantly in my oppinion.

15+ Year Old Account

I can't think of any boss fights where AMS isn't going to save you, and yet VB would.

Besides, the Bloodworms heal you too, that combined with the standard spec's 1/2 Imp. BP, D, along side IBF and possible Ghoul Sac should be enough to keep you up unles syou're doing something really really wrong -_-