Cat DPS and my crappy pc

So, I'm normally a resto druid. (And I like to think I'm pretty good at it.) However I went kitty as my offspec because way to often the raid brings too many healers. So I'm fine with offspecing for the night. However, I am coming up with 5k DPS. This is offspec gear, but it's still better than a lot of main spec kitties I've seen running around since our raids have no rogues anymore. Anyways, would my PC be causing me a large loss in DPS or am I just grapsing for excuses here? Rawr says "optimal rotation DPS" would be 7546.
    But my pc has been taking a dump since about two patches back and when I am in melee range with all graphics turned off I'm at about 5FPS. (Yeah, it's bad. Trying to figure out how to fix this.)
    I'm pretty sure that does it, but I would like some back up here. lol.

Re: Cat DPS and my crappy pc

You're probably doing it wrong. >_>

That and anything under 20 FPS is a DPS loss.

Yeah, I figured. I'm still getting used to it. :P Need to figure out wtf is up with this pos pc. lol.

Hello there.

I used to be "top" dps in my guild in last patches and when 3.2 came out, my computer did really "LAG" with graphics at minimum (say less than 5 fps on jaraxxus or faction ^^). The fact was that, when the boss was moved, the time my computer refreshed the display, the boss was out of range and the time i came to him, he was again out of range and so on because of this very bad display rate... As you can tell, i was far from standing in top dps of my guild at that time.
    I updated my computer and can now play with full graphics at 60 fps on these same bosses and i went back to 1-3 top dps in the guild...

so yeah, i think, the computer can have great consequences on dps in your case

I've never played a ranged class in a raid, but is there a chance that when you're on top of the boss you're seeing more animations on his model than if you were say 40 yards away from him?

If you have 5 fps and you have everything turned down then there's nothing we can do to help you.

i think that when "directly" on the boss as you said, it is possible to have "more detailed spell effects" (maybe the details of spell effects differs with distance !) and that would explain this...

before upgrading my computer, when i came out of jaraxxus 25 fights, with the low fps and all the "spell effects", my eyes were almost flowing ^^