Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest or Paladin?

Sorry, I don't know if this is the right place. I'm generally new to wow.
    The thing is I want to make a shadow priest for a main and sometimes holy as offspec but my friend is being real anal. He is the GM of his guild and it's pretty much what he says goes. Apparently he doesn't like specs that don't "seem" meant for their original role. (some of his reasons are DPS warrior, DPS DK, Elemental Shammies, etc)
    I want to dps and heal only because i'll get bored doing the same thing, but he won't really let me be a shadow priest.
    Which is why I might turn to paladin but I hate how their are so many and their rotations seem boring. (No offense just not my playstyle)
    I thought I could turn to druid or shammy too since they seem fun to play but... My GM friend is a enhance shammy and he gets pissed if someone copies his class. He also told me I should lay off druid because my other friend is gonna be one. It's all ridiculous.
    He's probably very elitist when we play games like these and I hate it.
    I just want to join a new server without playing with him sometimes but I don't really talk to other strangers on wow cept my friends.

Anyways haha. Should I just suck it up and stick with holy all the way? Or will I have a better time being a pally?

Re: Priest or Paladin?

You friend is a punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    You friend is a punk.
    QFT, you should honestly play what you wanna play. And if your friend doesn't want you to play that, then hes no really your friend...

Click to see my Armory

Your friend is a moron. Play whatever appeals you.

I've played pallys, shammys, and priests, and there's a reason shadowpriest is my main. Go find a better guild, even if that's your RL friend.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

Quote Originally Posted by SplitzBlitz
    my friend is being real anal.
    That pretty much sums it up..
    Also:
    Apparently he doesn't like specs that don't "seem" meant for their original role.
    ..But he's an enhancement shaman? LOL, what a hypocrite!

Play whatever you want, it's a game, it's meant to be FUN, so play whatever is fun for YOU!

10+ Year Old Account

imo you need to step up and tell your friend to back off because he can't dictate what you want to play in a FUCKING GAME, sure he might want perfect raid comp but oh well

Your friend thinks shammys are "Supposed" to be enhance?

I thought I could turn to druid or shammy too since they seem fun to play but... My GM friend is a enhance shammy and he gets pissed if someone copies his class.
    Copy his class? Your GM is the original shaman? Your GM is Thrall?

Your friend/GM apparently has issues. Whether you want to deal with them depends on how important his friendship is to you - personally I'd tell him to grow up and go play in a real guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Copy his class? Your GM is the original shaman? Your GM is Thrall?

Your friend/GM apparently has issues. Whether you want to deal with them depends on how important his friendship is to you - personally I'd tell him to grow up and go play in a real guild.
    ^^

I mean,you really can't stand up for yourself ?

Don't waste your life doing what somebody else want's you to do man...

And that is not friend,if i was you,i would beat the crap out of him if he would even say anything after i roll enh shammmy.

Lol whoa.
    It's not that I can't stand up for myself. I just try to be the better person and not argue with him because sometimes it feels like talking to a wall. He wasn't like this before, he's just really obsessed with wow I guess.

But thanks, I'll tell him I'll just play shadow priest whether he likes it or not.

Lol whoa.
    It's not that I can't stand up for myself. I just try to be the better person and not argue with him because sometimes it feels like talking to a wall. He wasn't like this before, he's just really obsessed with wow I guess.

But thanks, I'll tell him I'll just play shadow priest whether he likes it or not.
    Trust me,being better wont help,i mean,why would you play something that you don't enjoy,just because he likes it...Just pick any class you want,and if he say "now you can't get into guild" just f*** him off and get a better one.

I just try to be the better person and not argue with him because sometimes it feels like talking to a wall. He wasn't like this before, he's just really obsessed with wow I guess.
    Going along with him isn't being the better person - it's enabling his megalomania

Haha, deciding what class I want and advice with my friendship too.

What a nice forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Going along with him isn't being the better person - it's enabling his megalomania
    So true !

Dont lisnt to him, play what you wanna play.

The game aint fun at all if you play a class because you have.

A game is to have fun and do what you want to do.. so screw him..

I appreciate all your guys support and help.

Thank you.

Tell the fakker to go resto then... Lol

The thing is I want to make a shadow priest for a main ... my friend is being real anal. ... Apparently he doesn't like specs that don't "seem" meant for their original role. ...
    Which is why I might turn to paladin
    This only just twigged. Does your friend think paladin's original role was DPS?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Can't breathe, need to go lie down.

lol your friend sounds like a hilarious, ignorant, idiot.