I'm On A Boat (10 player)

I was thinking about this achievement, and I wanna get the opinions of others.

Completely made this strat up in the course of 10minutes after watching the video:

Objective: No player can go on the enemy boat more than once.

ENEMY BOAT--------------------FRIENDLY BOAT
    Tank1 (c)DPS5 Tank2
    Healer1 (c)DPS6 Healer2
    DPS1 DPS3
    DPS2 DPS4

(c) represents the cannon, and the people manning it.

So it starts off with that setup. When one of the Battlemages goes to the middle and starts casting his spell that freezes the cannons, DPS5 and DPS6 go to the Enemy Boat and help kill the Battlemage. When the Battlemage is dead and the cannons are unfrozen, DPS1 and DPS2 go back to Friendly Boat while DPS3 and DPS4 go and man the cannons, making the setup now look like this:

Tank1 (c)DPS3 Tank2
    Healer1 (c)DPS4 Healer2
    DPS5 DPS1
    DPS6 DPS2

The second time the cannons get frozen, DPS3 and DPS4 launch themselves onto the Enemy Boat and help kill the battlemage. When the battlemage dies and the cannons are unfrozen, DPS5 and DPS6 go to Friendly Boat and DPS1 and DPS2 man the cannons, making it look like this:

Tank1 (c)DPS1 Tank2
    Healer1 (c)DPS2 Healer2
    DPS3 DPS5
    DPS4 DPS6

I haven't been on the PTR, so I'm not sure how many times the cannons get frozen usually before they do enough damage to end the fight. If another Frozen phase comes along, the Enemy Boat people could pop Bloodlust/Hero to make up for the lack of extra dps. Would this strat be viable?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Re: I'm On A Boat (10 player)

Because we can't just be happy with getting the boss itself dead first?

Nope.

cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought they removed this achiev and It's a Trap as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I thought they removed this achiev and It's a Trap as well?
    no to this

Quote Originally Posted by AppleDapples
    Because we can't just be happy with getting the boss itself dead first?

and to this i agree
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

you obviously don't know the fight mechanics, you pretty much can keep dps full time on the other ship, just need someone to offtank/play around with saurfang/muradin
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolence
    you obviously don't know the fight mechanics, you pretty much can keep dps full time on the other ship, just need someone to offtank/play around with saurfang/muradin
    you obviously don't know the fight mechanics, you pretty much get oneshotted by saurfang/muradin because he stacks up increased damage done when he hits you

Hence you need to switch people on the enemy boat, so he resets his stacks. This is also a way to prevent "one grp goes to other ship and stays there till we done" tactic, making this achievement somewhat tricky and challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by aztek
    you obviously don't know the fight mechanics, you pretty much get oneshotted by saurfang/muradin because he stacks up increased damage done when he hits you

Hence you need to switch people on the enemy boat, so he resets his stacks. This is also a way to prevent "one grp goes to other ship and stays there till we done" tactic, making this achievement somewhat tricky and challenging.
    you're right I didn't just kill him 4 hours ago twice in 10 and 25 man. Honestly maybe if you suck he'll start one shotting your tank, but if you beat the fight fast it's cake. You can actually have your tank leave and all muradin/saurfang does is start tossing axes at people.

but please do tell me more about your awesome strats because you are such a genius
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Shut the **** up, all of you haters.

Because I'm On A Boat, Motherf******.

Check out my achievement, wowarmory link in my sig.

So yes, my strat did work, and I do know the mechanics of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    You can heal a tank up to 99 stacks.
    High avoidance tank + rocket kiting means the stacks can fall off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

the Boss on the 2nd Ship gets 1 more stack per hit, he hits very hard, once its over 200% more dmg

First off ur dps swithcing is good.

But, tanks n healers need to switch too

at first go tis normal, but 1 dps stays behind and keeps using fire rocked debuff on the muradin/saurfang , as soon as the boss reaches a certian amount of stacks(i think 200% more dmg is about right), tanks must use CDs to survive,

after 2nd mage guy is killed, all people on enemy boat go back to thre boat,

On 3rd(probbly final) iceblock, 2nd tank goes instead as well as a diffrent healer, and ofc dps

Btw Tank must stay near edge so he can easily fly back and healers on other ship can also heal him at same time.

Tried it when boss had ~120% damage increase. Had holy priest, Rdruid and Hpally beacon spamming the #$%^ out of our OT and wondering if he was in blood presence with cloth gear. Needless to say tanks have to leave the boat and let the boss cool down a bit, unless you can heal through 40k cleaves every 2 seconds (not the intention).

We completed this achieve last night on 25 without even trying. We just did the encounter, their ship got broked, and we were like "lolwut".

We just played taunt volleyball with the boss guy and he basically never hit anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    Not needed. You can heal a tank through 99 stacks.
    I would love to know how you pull this off... anything over 30 stack was pretty well rocking me.. had to get everyone off the ship. Granted I did only have one healer with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auton
    I would love to know how you pull this off... anything over 30 stack was pretty well rocking me.. had to get everyone off the ship. Granted I did only have one healer with me.
    after you get substantial agro just start ping ponging in a square arround the ship, if he doesn't hit you he doesn't get additional stacks.

dogpie as you claim your tactic worked and as you obviously have the achive, did you noticed what your tank did on the enemy boat? I guess the jet pack jumping could work but just wondering what was done by ur Tank2.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath
    dogpie as you claim your tactic worked and as you obviously have the achive, did you noticed what your tank did on the enemy boat? I guess the jet pack jumping could work but just wondering what was done by ur Tank2.
    The tank tried to take the blows, but the healer was having a hard time so the tank started rocket kiting him, which, worked perfectly.