15+ Year Old Account

Replacement for Glyph SW:P?

With the MF glyph taking its place as increasing dmg done with MF and SW:P now just giving us mana back, what's the new recommended glyph? I was checking shadowpriest.com and didn't see anything.

Re: Replacement for Glyph SW:P?

I'll be sticking with SWP until im happy that im not burning mana too fast with hasted dots, and then i'll probably still stick with it unless i find that the dispersion glyph is better suited in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    I'll be sticking with SWP until im happy that im not burning mana too fast with hasted dots, and then i'll probably still stick with it unless i find that the dispersion glyph is better suited in ICC.
    Something like that.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    With the MF glyph taking its place as increasing dmg done with MF and SW:P now just giving us mana back, what's the new recommended glyph? I was checking shadowpriest.com and didn't see anything.
    I wouldn't underestimate the amount of mana consumption hasted dots is going to cost... you might only have 15% haste now but you're going to ramp that up to at least 25% if not more, thats a lot more mana you're spending on VT & DP (particularly when you drop 2pc T9 eventually), then add in multi dotting and I suspect you'll be happy to get all the mana you can get.

15+ Year Old Account

OK had to bump this thread after testing on the live servers & realizing that we are even more mana effecient than we previously were. I'm trying my damnedest to break 90% mana and can't seem to do it even with multi-dotting stuff (that makes me jump up to full mana almost immediately lol). Anyone else noticing this happening to them & any discussion about a replacement glyph yet?

On a side note, I'm loving my dps now. Love seeing me go from the bottom of meters to top 7 every fight and even #1 a couple times on Lady.

No offense gaymer but looking at your gear i can see why you feel you have infinite mana.

With full procs im upwards of 1100 haste.. and trust me.. i burn through my mana bar fast.. if i multidot i can cutt half my mana bar in 1 trash pull..

For single target boss fights i have to pop fiend and even a pot sometimes..

Trust me when you cast a ton faster.. you burn a ton faster..

Also.. some may say im playing shadow wrong.. but thats a hard claim to make unless you can pull around 8k single target also.

^^

I've had 850 haste for quite a while (try to keep crit over 23% and spell power as high as I can... but my haste 'set' is around 1100), and there is definately a use for SW:P glyph. Before 3.3 I only had to use my shadowfiend every so often, since the patch I'm busting out 2 shadowfiends and 2 dispersions (though I try to not use dispersion, ever) on fights like Lady Deathwhisper.

15+ Year Old Account

@ Kootz & kwestyuns

I would love to see your armories where you're in gear that can proc 1100 haste (without popping hyperspeed accelerators or a haste pot). Also Thurs night when we were doing Lady Deathwhisper both myself and our other part-time shadow priest were pulling 7-8k dps while only being on her not the adds. We were fighting for position on meters too with a DK that was on the sides doing adds and its not because our guild is undergeared or anything. I happen to be one of the lesser geared members because I took a break from WoW shortly after TOC came out for a few months so I had to play catch up to everyone else.

What Kootz said, I am OOM continually in ICC, I have never dispersed as much, I can only see this getting worse as I add to my 22% Unbuffed haste.

Dropping tier 9 2 set bonus will be one of the last farwells to 3.2 I make.

Simcraft or not that 6 secs on VT is massive and will only scale better as I improve my gear.

Our dps has gone up enough, no more, it is early doors.

15+ Year Old Account

Scratch that Kootz. After looking at another post you made I was able to determine the troll priest I saw on armory is infact you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...27thol&n=Kootz

You have 765 haste, 2763 SP, 20.93% crit,and 4 piece triumph (ilvl 245). You also have virtually no Ulduar hardmode achievements, 2/5 in ToGC 25, and just Marrowgar down in 25 man (no 10 man at all). Compare that to my 582 haste (I'm plagued with having dying curse still which gives a good proc eventhough I'm well over hit cap while you are fortunate to have a haste trinket that would put me just under 100 less haste than you have), static 2772 SP given illustration's stacks, 18.91% crit, and 4 piece conq T9 but other similar gear to what you have on ironically with the exact same gems in our pieces. I've got 4 achievements before my drake for 10 and 25 man Ulduar (only missing those because of my break from WoW), 3/5 ToGC with 2 "hardmode achievements" done the first week (missing the rest again because of my time off WoW), and 2/4 in ICC 10/25 so far.

No offense but your observations don't have much merit behind them. Your "1100 haste when procs pop" is factoring in many things and one of them has a cooldown tied in with a use and one is a racial that doesn't do anything to your dots since its a casting/attack speed buff not a haste buff just like bloodlust is. All berserking does is make you cast your mind blast faster, cast your VT reapplication faster, and channel flay faster & we all know how much of a mana hog flay is. No offense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    Did some testing on both the known bugs..

First the mind flay bug is without a doubt exacerbated by haste. I ran a few dungeons on my priest at 400 haste and had the mind flay issue happen only once.

However today i ran with my natural haste rating of 700 and had the problem three times. each and every time it happend was when i procced my glove haste tinker and berserking.

Glyph of Dispersion has many more uses than SW:P, I have no mana issues in my gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eaver&n=Aireos
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Seradetbc
    Glyph of Dispersion has many more uses than SW:P, I have no mana issues in my gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eaver&n=Aireos
    im starting to agree with this , unless you were stacking haste / spirit gear before hand right now if you are doing dps correctly you should be blowing through your mana pool at a rate that forces you to use shadowfiend and dispersion on cooldown.

While multi dotting adds i tend to just VT and switch as SWPain does such a small amount of damage in comparison to getting the VTs up on more adds faster.

Meaning for those multi dot fights having the faster dispersion may end up being more useful that the SWPain glyph. On top of the fact having dispersion faster is always a very nice convenience.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    im starting to agree with this , unless you were stacking haste / spirit gear before hand right now if you are doing dps correctly you should be blowing through your mana pool at a rate that forces you to use shadowfiend and dispersion on cooldown.

While multi dotting adds i tend to just VT and switch as SWPain does such a small amount of damage in comparison to getting the VTs up on more adds faster.

Meaning for those multi dot fights having the faster dispersion may end up being more useful that the SWPain glyph. On top of the fact having dispersion faster is always a very nice convenience.
    I'd prefer to be able to cast my spells while regaining mana... glyph of SW:P should be the one to use and if that still isn't enough mana, having disperson on it's normal 2min CD is more than enough to make up any shortfall you might have.

The big problem with faster dispersions, is if you actually need it, you're spending even more time not DPSing. A shadow priests ultimate goal should be to disperse as little as possible in a fight. And if you have to disperse more than once every 2min for the 90% damage reduction, odds are you're doing something wrong short of fighting algalon.

Glyph of dispersion will give better mana regen if you need it, but if you get enough mana regen through glyph of SW:P it's by far prefered as it doesn't end up being a dps loss.

Deleted

I will also be keeping the SW: P glyph, when ur dispersed, ur not doing DPS.. there really is no decent alternitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    I will also be keeping the SW: P glyph, when ur dispersed, ur not doing DPS.. there really is no decent alternitive.
    Same here. my haste is no where near as much haste as some of the others but one test on the last ptr before 3.3 live i went over 20mins on a heroic dummy with out using dispersion doing over 4k. really havn't tested on dummy much since because after about 10mins it gets boring.

I want more haste but sp>haste. however if i happen to get a bunch of gold i might try to gem haste just to see what happens.

in bloodlust/heroism those dots just drop right off

Quote Originally Posted by redrage
    Same here. my haste is no where near as much haste as some of the others but one test on the last ptr before 3.3 live i went over 20mins on a heroic dummy with out using dispersion doing over 4k. really havn't tested on dummy much since because after about 10mins it gets boring.

I want more haste but sp>haste. however if i happen to get a bunch of gold i might try to gem haste just to see what happens.

in bloodlust/heroism those dots just drop right off
    I find that 20min claim hard to believe, in 3.2 my max lasting time was 2mins 30 seconds using fiend as early as possible finsihing with full mana on the last fiend melee hit... that's at full dps and achieving 4.5 to 4.7k

If you can last 20mins I say you're itemised horribly wrong or you aren't doing the max dps spell rotation.

This doesnt mean you had mana issues in 3.2 with raid buffs, that was never the case but only self buffed if you lasted over 3mins you were doing something wrong.

Sticking with the mana regen fro SWP glyoh too, it pains me not to be DPSing in a stand up fight and in a movement fight there are spots to disperse without harming DPS too much. I have a stack os SWD glyphs waiting as there will be fights were last 35% DPS is more important than mana regen, but those fight wil only be movement fights.