Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

ShockAndAwe 5.40 Released (and 5.41 due very soon)

Version 5.40
    Added export support for necrotic touch (Black Bruise's proc) and mixology if you are an alchemist
    Fix for altering bar width causing crash
    Add dual spec support - now asks if you want to enable/disable addon on switching specs.

Version 5.41
    Added FE_boss option to only recommend Fire Elemental when on a boss
    Added query about enabling/disabling addon based on spec when addon initialises (eg: to turn off if login in Resto spec after a DC)

Re: ShockAndAwe 5.40 Released (and 5.41 due very soon)

5.41 not on curse at this time

Its up now!
    thanks Levva

You rock!

While waiting for the servers to come up after 3.3, I decided to find out what exactly 'Lava Lash if no QE' means. In this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...ed/msg1780905/the OP is asking and gets the answer that it means Lava Lash if no Quaking Earth totem, but down in the thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...04/#msg1782504 Levva says: "... If you put LL_QE into your priority list in ShockAndAwe or EnhSim and you don't have the totem of quaking earth it will simply ignore that priority and move onto the next one." which to me seems to say that LL_QE means Lava Lash will be ignored when I don't have the totem, which seems opposite to the text description "... if no QE"

I'm confused, the reason I went looking for this is that lately LL has not been coming up in my SaA rotation and I have the LL if no QE in the priority list. Am I missing something? I don't have the totem and want to use Lava Lash, what should my priority read?

Thanks Levva for a MOST excellent addon and for all your hard work on Rawr, an indispensable tool.

OK, so i have 5.41 and the priority frame isn't showing the "next in queue" spells, just whatever is supposed to be cast and even then it seems that the display of the frame is flaky, any idea?

Deleted

Did SSA ever show next in queue or did i miss something?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pennelope
    While waiting for the servers to come up after 3.3, I decided to find out what exactly 'Lava Lash if no QE' means. In this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...ed/msg1780905/the OP is asking and gets the answer that it means Lava Lash if no Quaking Earth totem, but down in the thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...04/#msg1782504 Levva says: "... If you put LL_QE into your priority list in ShockAndAwe or EnhSim and you don't have the totem of quaking earth it will simply ignore that priority and move onto the next one." which to me seems to say that LL_QE means Lava Lash will be ignored when I don't have the totem, which seems opposite to the text description "... if no QE"

I'm confused, the reason I went looking for this is that lately LL has not been coming up in my SaA rotation and I have the LL if no QE in the priority list. Am I missing something? I don't have the totem and want to use Lava Lash, what should my priority read?

Thanks Levva for a MOST excellent addon and for all your hard work on Rawr, an indispensable tool.
    LL_QE will only pop up if you have the totem and the debuff isn't up.

If you want LL in your priority (as you should) you need to select it on the list. I think on mine i have LL_QE as 3rd priority and LL as 9th. This means if the debuff isn't present its important, if it is present then LL isn't particually important.

Don't think any enhancer using this can ever repay you, thanks for all your hard work, keep it up!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pennelope

Clarifying...

LL_QE means use Lava Lash if you don't have the Quaking Earth totem's buff (called Volcanic fury) ie: if the 400 AP buff has worn off then use LL to re-apply it.

Now what you quoted me as saying was that ShockAndAwe (and Rawr, and Enhsim incidentally) takes into account whether you have the Totem of Quaking Earth equipped. If you don't then it would simply ignore that priority. Ignoring the priority is NOT the same as ignoring LL, it just ignores the LL_QE priority as you can't get the buff if you don't have the totem. Naturally if you have LL in your priority list on its own eg: simply LL then it would use that when available.

This is what some people don't get, items in a priority list are TESTS, you go with the highest up test that passes. In this case if you don't have the totem then the test will always fail and simply drop down to check the next test whatever that might be.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Haylon
    OK, so i have 5.41 and the priority frame isn't showing the "next in queue" spells, just whatever is supposed to be cast and even then it seems that the display of the frame is flaky, any idea?
    You need to be clearer about what you are talking about. I cannot tell what you mean. The addon is working correctly at present to the best of my knowledge. ie: I'm at work and EU servers are down for patch so cant test anything.

Levva, I was getting a LUA error whenever I attempted to switch to Priority Set 2. I'm at work myself right now so can't get you the exact LUA error, but when I take lunch I will get the info if it helps.

10+ Year Old Account

i thought it said Squawk and Awe and got excited... :'(
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    You need to be clearer about what you are talking about. I cannot tell what you mean. The addon is working correctly at present to the best of my knowledge. ie: I'm at work and EU servers are down for patch so cant test anything.

I believe he might have been aformer paladin like myself. But that's just speculation.

There is a mod called Serious Help In Timing for paladins that displays another box other than the "use me now" box for ablities that would come after the "use me now" ability. he may be refering to that. I do not know why he would for a shaman mod, but that's as close as I can come up with. I've actually made that suggestion about your mod over on curse site that I was telling you about in the FAQ thread here. It explains the mod a tad bit better.

Also. I don't know exactly what I did, to do it, but i made your mod mad at me. It screams at me "you are not enhancement, would you like to turn me off?" Of course I'm like "noooo waaayy" and click no. But I ensured that I was enhancement spec. It was just kinda weird. It did it to me last night and again this morning. I switch to resto this morning, andn told it to turn off. Then switch to enhance. It didn't say "yay happy times you are enhance, would you like to turn me on"? It just said "you have changed specs. Would you like to enable Shockandawe" I click yes and that may have fixed it. Unsure as I left for work after that.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    I'm sorry if I misunderstood how your UI works. I figured that the large box (current spell to be cast) and the two smaller boxes next to it would be the "next in line" spells. I'm used to using ShamWOW_Enhance and it's being updated by a fan (the LUA that controls which spells should be in what priority). If the UI you creates doesn't function in that manner then sorry for the confusion

I'm sorry if I misunderstood how your UI works. I figured that the large box (current spell to be cast) and the two smaller boxes next to it would be the "next in line" spells. I'm used to using ShamWOW_Enhance and it's being updated by a fan (the LUA that controls which spells should be in what priority). If the UI you creates doesn't function in that manner then sorry for the confusion
    The two smaller boxes are not the "Next in line spells". They are used to indicate other things like a spell being cast by the mob that you can interrupt or a buff you can dispel off them. I don't believe that Shock and awe currently tries to tell you what to do beyond what you currently need to do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    Levva, I was getting a LUA error whenever I attempted to switch to Priority Set 2. I'm at work myself right now so can't get you the exact LUA error, but when I take lunch I will get the info if it helps.
    Exact LUA errors are what I need.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    i thought it said Squawk and Awe and got excited... :'(
    No Squawk and Awe is the Moonkin addon that was based on ShockAndAwe - the author asked for my permission to rip off the base code.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lassiat
    Also. I don't know exactly what I did, to do it, but i made your mod mad at me. It screams at me "you are not enhancement, would you like to turn me off?" Of course I'm like "noooo waaayy" and click no. But I ensured that I was enhancement spec. It was just kinda weird. It did it to me last night and again this morning. I switch to resto this morning, andn told it to turn off. Then switch to enhance. It didn't say "yay happy times you are enhance, would you like to turn me on"? It just said "you have changed specs. Would you like to enable Shockandawe" I click yes and that may have fixed it. Unsure as I left for work after that.
    This is a timing bug, when the addon launches it checks your spec to see if you are Enhance. If it manages to do this test before your character is fully loaded (due to odd ways blizzard loads the data) then you have no talents at all and so it thinks you aren't enhancement.

I need to add an extra test if this happens or to move the checking code until its guaranteed the talents are loaded. I just want to avoid using the obvious event PLAYER_ENTERED_WORLD as this fires on zoning into instances etc and would be a pain for Resto/Enh spec guys if every time they entered instance after a wipe it asked them to turn it off because they were in resto spec.

Deleted

The timer bars show you far clearer than a next in line could what is next. The problem is that this changes second to second when I did try it I felt it was WAY more confusing to suggest the next after the current was X only to change it 0.1 seconds (or less) before you used the current one. The change would be because things like buffs/procs drop off NOT due to time etc.