Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: The new loot system should be called "DE before Need"

Quote Originally Posted by Visceroid
    actually encourages people to group only with people able to communicate and encourages people to check for loot before they go to an instance.

Then you could always agree to pass on certain loots if they drop so you can get your "offspec" items.
    That goes against taking advantage of the new random heroic system and even if I'm not one of the people losing upgrades to sharding, I don't want to have to walk on eggshells every time I go to hit DE, waiting to see if someone says "I NEED THAT DON'T HIT DE!" in time.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGoat
    An easier fix is to let people need like they could pre-3.3, but just have people of the correct armour type get priority(?).
    Ex: cloth bracers drop, boomkin and mage want them, mage auto wins the roll over the boomkin. That way you still only have Need-->greed/de-->pass, but don't run into the /cry "I could have use those". Still sucks for offspecs, as you rolling on gear that someone else could use as their ms, you win, can't trade due to cross-server issues, that player qqs and puts you on ignore (I know, you could wait and see if they roll first, but since that player will probably not see you again for a while, most will just need it if they can wear it).
    Yes, that's how it should be.
    I seriously hope they'll implement this soon, I already lost 3 items that were upgrades for my paladin, 2 were disenchanted, one was because the person who won, left before the rolling was finished(Just poor luck, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil
    No, you've missed something.

Are you guys for real? Heroics gear sucks ass, only thing that matters from heroics are EMBLEMS since you can easily just buy whole gear on uld/toc lvl which is far superior to some heroic trash...
    1. Some people are just starting out, upgrade is upgrade regardless of emblems. They equip it, do more heroics for emblems, and replace heroic gear.

2. The new heroics have itemlevel 232 gear(normals 219) which is still good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Quote from: Arthzil on December 09, 2009, 03:31:34 am
    No, you've missed something.

Are you guys for real? Heroics gear sucks ass, only thing that matters from heroics are EMBLEMS since you can easily just buy whole gear on uld/toc lvl which is far superior to some heroic trash...
    1. Some people are just starting out, upgrade is upgrade regardless of emblems. They equip it, do more heroics for emblems, and replace heroic gear.

2. The new heroics have itemlevel 232 gear(normals 219) which is still good gear.
    Not only is it 232, I've seen pieces better itemized in the new 5 mans then 10 man toc. So ya, the bold part of the quote is accurate, but by no means does Heroic gear "suck ass", unless you are just talking about the early heroics.
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Here's how they can fix this for everyone. Make everyone able to need any armor class with good stats for them on it.
    But if a priest and a moonkin both needs on a cloth item, the priest will get it. no?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    Here's how they can fix this for everyone. Make everyone able to need any armor class with good stats for them on it.
    But if a priest and a moonkin both needs on a cloth item, the priest will get it. no?
    This is what most people looking for a solution have come up with, I don't understand why Blizzard couldn't.
    And is someone actually "complaining" about it on the forums? Another day without a blue post in this issue. If you want it changed, I suggest you go post it on the american forums.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

What I'm confused about, is why I can't need on a trinket that gives + crit on equip and + haste on use.

That trinket could have been a good substitude for my + hit trinket, that's of no use to me as of this moment.

Replace "boomkin" with "resto" and I've been having the exact same problem on my new druid. Fortunately, you don't really need to care about gear with a lower item level of 232 as everything can be crafted and purchased with badges.

Or maybe just announce in party before everyone starts that you might need a piece of gear that isn't your gear type so check with you first before rolling.

OR blizz just makes greed outwiegh dissenchant that way offspec's dont need to need on an offspec item thus having to trade it to the main spec that also rolled need, and if a boomkin could really use that cloth item he hits greed least we know the item wont get blownup.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    OR blizz just makes greed outwiegh dissenchant that way offspec's dont need to need on an offspec item thus having to trade it to the main spec that also rolled need, and if a boomkin could really use that cloth item he hits greed least we know the item wont get blownup.
    if i were an enchanter i would just roll greed...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaimano
    Tell that to someone trying to gear a Boomkin or Ele from heroics. But the problem isn't locking Needs to armor class (which I think is a good idea yeah), it's DE being equal to Greed. Ideally Greed should be something else entirely - offspec/off armor class need - that trumps a DE roll. I mean people who really want something for "greed" are going to want the shards anyway.

what if a crap item drops and I want the dust/shard from it so i hit 'DE' but someone else is an enchanter and hits 'Greed' on it, they win every time if it worked the way you say... so i might as well start hitting 'Greed' on it just so i have a chance to win rolls from the enchanter who can roll greed on an item and DE it him/herself. and if everyone starts hitting greed on shit again then there's no point in having the 'DE' option at all and we're back to pre-3.3

what then?

perhaps a better option would be to split the 'Need' out into 2 different choices much like they split greed out to greed and DE. maybe have 4 choices that are in this priority - 'Need' > 'Off Spec' > 'Greed' = 'DE' - and then not allow a enchanter to DE any item that was won on a 'need' roll - although that would probably be more work that its worth to mess with on blizz's end.

this way you whiners can roll OS on your cloth shit that you'll replace in a day anyway.

It's nice for once to not give piles of loot to badly geared mouthbreathers who 'need' everything for offspec.

And if you're going to force me to use my enchanting for the group, well, you can get less loot for your welfare alt too.

Quote Originally Posted by serif

what if a crap item drops and I want the dust/shard from it so i hit 'DE' but someone else is an enchanter and hits 'Greed' on it, they win every time if it worked the way you say... so i might as well start hitting 'Greed' on it just so i have a chance to win rolls from the enchanter who can roll greed on an item and DE it him/herself. and if everyone starts hitting greed on shit again then there's no point in having the 'DE' option at all and we're back to pre-3.3

what then?

perhaps a better option would be to split the 'Need' out into 2 different choices much like they split greed out to greed and DE. maybe have 4 choices that are in this priority - 'Need' > 'Off Spec' > 'Greed' = 'DE' - and then not allow a enchanter to DE any item that was won on a 'need' roll - although that would probably be more work that its worth to mess with on blizz's end.

this way you whiners can roll OS on your cloth shit that you'll replace in a day anyway.

again why would i need to relace a cloth piece with optimal stats in a day? think the armor level is gonna make or break a boomkin? i wouldnt replace a cloth piece unless i found another cloth/leather piece with better stats, hasnt been much whining goin on just people saying its sad to see some genuine upgrades get sharded i understand the fact that you clothies dont really give a shit i get it....suffice it to say us boom's that never stole a single piece of cloth from you cloth wearer's got sick as hell of listening to you cry about a boomkin took my helm threads, would be nice if there was just a happy medium NEED>OFFSPEC>GREED=DISS would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by fnfal
    It's nice for once to not give piles of loot to badly geared mouthbreathers who 'need' everything for offspec.

And if you're going to force me to use my enchanting for the group, well, you can get less loot for your welfare alt too.

hope your posts improve with your post count

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips

again why would i need to relace a cloth piece with optimal stats in a day?
    because a cloth piece with optimal stats today will most likely get replaced by that mediocre leather piece that's itemized for you tomorrow. not to mention you can pretty much buy an item for every slot with frost/triumph/conquest/whatever badges that will beat out most heroic gear (the exception being some of the new stuff from ICC 5mans - but that will change once you start raiding)

or are you telling me that end-game raiding boomkins are running around in full cloth outfits?

i guess in my mind i dont see the sense in stressing over heroic gear so much when really it should only be used to get your foot in the door of raiding, once you have access to raid loot you won't really care about heroic gear anymore. and once you're raiding you use master looter anyways so the DE option is a non-issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by fnfal

The problem is, my mouthbreathing, floordrooling friend, this basically locks out around half of the decent pieces from heroics for shamans and druids, since the itemization on quite a bit of their gear is made of suck, in fact, to such a degree that there are cloth pieces that do better. Now, Blizzard have made it so that they're basically forced to use their crappy pieces. Really. Imagine Blizzard came down from the sky and said: "Royal decree, rogues can now only roll need on twohanders." Everything else they'll have to cross their fingers and greed for.

10+ Year Old Account

my brother had this problem a couple of times.
    he's leveling his ele shammy, but can't get gear from dungeons
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Been trying to replace my wrists for a long time3-4 months now, havent seen any drop in raids that i can use the badge wrists have two stats that are worse for me than the lvl200 ones im wearing, its the one piece thats really driving me crazy rest of my stuff is 245ish if i could get some 232 cloth bracers with good stats id hug em and kiss em nightly and judging from my luck with bracers dropping they wouldnt be replaced until cata.

as a poster above mentioned the real problem lies in blizz's stat choices at times it feels like blizz is trying to tell us to reroll feral. but im not giving into their bullying.

and the mention of a cloth piece being replaced by a lower lvl leather item wouldnt happen as the stats on most cloth pieces are optimal for a boom where as some of the leather pieces made for us just suck :P

What a whiney bunch of people. Instances are easier to find a group for and get to than ever before. Emblems are falling from the sky like rain (even more so if you use the random dungeon lfg tool). It is easier to gear out a toon than ever before. Yet people will still whine and complain that "it just isn't fair that everything I want doesn't automatically get placed in my inventory".

OMG! You might actually have to run that instance again for another chance at that "perfect" item. But that will take like a whole half hour, and I want it NOW!

In case you are having trouble picking up on the sarcasm: I have no sypathy. Your arguments are empty, and fall on deaf ears.