Thread: 3.3 Gemming

15+ Year Old Account

3.3 Gemming

Over on shadowpriest.com they've changed the numbers yet again for all stats. Haste is now 1 PP which is the same that spellpower gets. http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134 With that being said, is it worth it to switch all of our reds to Reckless Ametrine (which is only 22 PP) like everyone seemed to be recommending not that long ago for 3.3 or should we only slap them in yellow sockets because the set bonuses would push the 22 to 23+?

On a side note, is anyone else having massive lag with the mmo site but everything else is fine?

Re: 3.3 Gemming

Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
    Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
    Blue: Purified Dreadstone, if socket bonus is greater than 5 PP, ie 6 spellpower, 8crit, etc

Even if Reckless=Runed, theres no reason to totaly regem to it straight away, new numbers may be released to back either gem but until then i'd say no to regemming.

And yeah mmo is lagging

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Even if Reckless=Runed, theres no reason to totaly regem to it straight away, new numbers may be released to back either gem but until then i'd say no to regemming.
    That's just it though. Runed is 23 PP while Reckless is 22. That's the reason why I was asking because it seems to me that putting runed in the reds and reckless in yellows would be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    That's just it though. Runed is 23 PP while Reckless is 22. That's the reason why I was asking because it seems to me that putting runed in the reds and reckless in yellows would be the best bet.
    Runed in red and reckless in yellow is a general observation, but to actually get the maximum would be to socket everything with runed unless you can get the socket bonus with a reckless in a yellow.

Dont forget the increase in spirit -> spellpower scaling. Purified is now 17 PP + minimum socket bonus which is 5 PP = 22 PP plus a bit of regen. Purified will beat Runed for blue sockets now.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    Dont forget the increase in spirit -> spellpower scaling. Purified is now 17 PP + minimum socket bonus which is 5 PP = 22 PP plus a bit of regen. Purified will beat Runed for blue sockets now.
    now that is some good too know info there I had not even though to check that. Damn near every piece of my gear has a blue gem slot with a +7socket bonus that has been going to waste.

I dunno how 10spirit = 5pp though would have to see the numbers on that to confirm but if that is true the regen would very nice and using those half dozen socket bonuses that are currently going to waste would be very good.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

the reckless ametrine is essentially equivalent to the Runed scarlets so switching to them doesnt cost us any dps, but it does give you the added benefit of doing ALOT more damage on any multi target fight. As long as your mana pool holds out the increased speed of DoT ticking drastically increases your dps on adds that die semi-quickly. And there are alot of those fights in ICC.

Haste gemming is definitely the way to go. Doing dps that way though mandates the use of the SWPain glyph and using Fiend and Dispersion on cooldown for mana. I think I am going to swap out the Pain glyph for the dispersion glyph and see the difference. the SWPain glyph isnt much from what I have seen so far. I ran oom on many a fights tonight in ICC 25/10 with all the multi add fights dotting things up.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by jonish
    I dunno how 10spirit = 5pp though would have to see the numbers on that to confirm but if that is true the regen would very nice and using those half dozen socket bonuses that are currently going to waste would be very good.
    10 Spirit = 11 Spirit from Blessing of Kings, 12.1 Spirit from Improved Spirit Tap.

12.1 Spirit = 2.42 SP from Twisted Faith
    12.1 Spirit = 3.63 SP from Glyph of Shadow
    12.1 Spirit = 6.05 SP.

I'd have to say that Shadowpriest.com missed the mark a little bit, but given not 100% uptime on either IST or Glyph of Shadow, I'd have put it at just 5.5 myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Gemming for socket bonuses is now worth it. Much like Warlocks and Mages, so yeah.

But I wouldn't bother regemming, just wait for new gear.

gems are dirt cheap already have my slots regemmed other than the blues
    HTML Code:

lol Spriest.com

Sp > Haste = Crit > Spi
    1 > 0.9 = 0.9 > 0.5

I have spoken.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Because everybody cares for the +1 difference, *yaaaaawn*

I think on the topic of gems, people are attempting to min/maxing more than what's worth it.

i think the point people are missing is that haste is far superior for multi target fights. ICC is loaded with them.

even if the supposed PP value shows 23 SP gems as more beneficial that is not the case on these fights loaded with adds that die before a full duration VT or DP can be utilized. Faster dot ticks = more damage faster rather than bigger ticks over a longer period.

haste is more beneficial for the current content. as long as you arent drastically lowering the PP value of your gems by switching. a -1pp value when socketing 12sp/10haste will be much more beneficial on these fights than 23SP gems will.

I am starting to think that
    12sp/10haste in red
    20haste in yellow and
    12sp10spi or even 10haste10spirit in blue sockets.

multiple adds that die very quickly makes haste far more beneficial that spell power.
    HTML Code:

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Interesting, wouldn't mind seeing some hard numbers on that theory, along with a sweet spot or two to aim for.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.