Thread: My Moonkin

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Moonkin

Hey everyone this is my boomkin and wanted to know if you had any further suggestions i think i am at least decently geared i know im a bit over hit. But eh. Anyone can tell me what they think would be great

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sysc%C3%B6

Deleted

Re: My Moonkin

Quote Originally Posted by sysco
    Anyone can tell me what they think would be great
    I think the draft from my office window will make me sick.
    I think the dog running on the field of grass looks happy.
    I think the new coffee we got isn't as great at the previous.
    I think there is too much chrismas music on the radio, even for december.
    I think you have way too much haste.
    I think the cleaning lady is slacking in the corners.
    I think we spend too much time debating peace, while raging war.
    I think religious people are delusional. I just don't get it.
    I think your crit is very, very low for the kind of gear you have.
    I think i would like that hug, thank you very much.

I think you should ask a bit more specific questions, or do some research yourself

Deleted

That's the most sarcastic post I've ever seen ,

On a serious note he does have a point I don't know what you want here ... You are better gear'd then a lot of the balance druids I've seen your stats are very comfortable (a good bit over the haste cap but there's not a lot you can do with that) Only thing I'd say is farm Uld10 and replace ur ToVP trinket

Deleted

Not at all. I said what i thought, AND i gave him feedback on his druid..

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth

I think you should ask a bit more specific questions, or do some research yourself

Why does noone like that trinket. I love it. You just pop it and get up to 8 stacks in 2 secs with starfall when you lunar eclipse and you get a mini heroism every 2 mins. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    Why does noone like that trinket. I love it. You just pop it and get up to 8 stacks in 2 secs with starfall when you lunar eclipse and you get a mini heroism every 2 mins. Great!
    Barely any raiding moonkin takes Starfall (I do, but I can't say it's doing me much good in raids apart for this trinket and a few specific situations).

Anyway, OP, can't see anything wrong with your setup. In fact, it's pretty close to my own. And I think you know that yourself. If you are unhappy with the results, there is little you can improve there (apart from trading some haste for crit), but the next patch should provide you with an improvement if you weren't using the addon for eclipse.

Deleted

Because the actual benefit from it is crap. Even if you can stack it instantly, it will give you one - count it: one* - more starfall during lunar eclipse. That means you will cast one extra starfire (which will crit) each two minutes, doing 15.000 damage, so if everything pans out, maybe you will increase your overall DPS by 125. Compare that to Reign of the Dead/Unliving, where the constant proc on it is 300+ DPS, not to mention the SP, or purely the constant SP from Eye of the Broodmother

And if you don't stack it fast enough, then you only benefit from the crit *shutters*

It may look like you are casting much faster, but in actuality the benefit from it is very small. If you don't have anything better, then sure, but if you have something more stable, i'd go for that instead.

* Assumptions:

512 haste when fully stacked = ~15,6% haste
    You need to cast 6,4 starfires before you have saved enough time to do another starfire.
    I may be wrong, but all sources list it very far down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    Barely any raiding moonkin takes Starfall (I do, but I can't say it's doing me much good in raids apart for this trinket and a few specific situations).

Anyway, OP, can't see anything wrong with your setup. In fact, it's pretty close to my own. And I think you know that yourself. If you are unhappy with the results, there is little you can improve there (apart from trading some haste for crit), but the next patch should provide you with an improvement if you weren't using the addon for eclipse.
    I believe this to be incorrect. Starfall is a great ability to use. It is the second highest damage spell you can use a GCD on, with treants coming in first. You can only use it every two minutes, but if you have the choice of all of your spells, the damage per second used to cast spell is the second best on starfall.

10+ Year Old Account

majority of raiding moonkins i know DO take starfall.

haste is way too high and crit way too low.

qieth is my idol.

the best moonkins i know are as close to 400 haste as they can be. (always over but by as little as possible) have typically between 25% and 30% crit without being in moonkin form (as in when you look them on armory) and spellpower in the 2700-2900 range. You would almost be better dropping a couple of your JC SP gems for crit at this point.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Instead of just saying that he has too much haste and a too low crit, give some advice on how to change it

For example, instead of your current belt, get Cord of Biting Cold from ToC25 man
    Instead of your current badge ring, get either the ring from Anub'Arak or the quest reward from the Ony head
    Drop your current head for the tier head and get the legs from Anub'Arak 25 man
    Replace your current cloak with the cloak from Ony25 man
    Errare Humanum Est

10+ Year Old Account

give him advice on how to change it? he obviously is no idiot, but ill help anyway.

replace haste with crit.

better?

A couple suggestions for you.

First off http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...galor&n=Wisers is my armory and I generally pull 6k dps on a target dummy, over 1 million dmg, unbuffed. (As for my 2 hit gems... the patch caught me off guard yesterday and I havent had a chance to properly re-set myself up after the nerf to 2pc t8)

To being with, Spirit is your enemy. When it shows up on a piece of gear it is either replacing haste or crit.

In regards to your fetish of vol. I have one of those and have found that the abyssal rune from 5 man toc normal to provide a much better benefit.

Keep in mind the haste cap is only a soft cap. How many times have you spammed wrath with no crits, waiting for an eclipse? Well, extra haste will help you there, not to mention when you do go into an eclipse... 1.78 second starfires are pretty solid.

Just my 2 cents

10+ Year Old Account

do you know why you are spamming wrath with no eclipse? not enough crit!

abyss rune (or w/e its called) is good if you under soft cap, if you are over sundial is much better.

i have a fever...and the only cure? moar crit!

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth

Win.

I am not going to say your haste is too high, but I can second that your crit is too low. Try switching some gems towards crit and see if your dps increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    do you know why you are spamming wrath with no eclipse? not enough crit!

abyss rune (or w/e its called) is good if you under soft cap, if you are over sundial is much better.

i have a fever...and the only cure? moar crit!
    See, I've spent probably close to 15 hours at the dummies trying to figure out what works best, and I have had better luck with haste! I dunno, maybe i'm just wierd

10+ Year Old Account

maybe

15 hours on dummies?

maybe

10+ Year Old Account

on a similar note, i can not wait to get my hands on the 10 man airship battle trink. its like eye of the broodmother on steroids. id link it, but i fail at forums and dont know how.

Deleted

Let me elaborate on my previous post. What we are talking about here is damage per GCD spent, not actual DPS or contribution. I will assume that most does take starfall, because we usually have points to spare. With enough crit, mana is not an issue for us, so points will be spent on stuff like Owlkin Frenzy (i have two spare points in that), starfall, force of nature and the like.

The point is, which ability should you cast when its up. What can you do in that second that does the most damage?

Treant's does, what, 30-40k damage? Lets just assume that it's 30.000 damage. That is 30.000 damage per GCD spent casting this.

Starfall, according to a random log, hits for 903 damage (disregarding splash damage) and crits for 1667 damage. It critted 54% of the time, but lets work with 50% instead, as it is a nice, even number. 20 stars during 10 seconds (i am actually unsure if 20 stars will fire when there is just one target), where 10 of them crits, will give us a total of 25700 damage for one GCD.

Starfire, during eclipse, crits for an average of 15496 for me. It has roughly a 2 second cast time with Nature's Grace up, meaning that it does 7748 damage per GCD spent casting it.

Wrath, on average across this 9 minute fight, hit for an average of 8361 damage (eclipse increases this quite a lot). It usually has a 1 sec cast time.

Insect Swarm, if i remember correctly from another post does 9203 damage per GCD spent casting it.

I haven't bothered doing calculations for moonfire, i have a massive migrane, and thats just asking too much :P

TL;DR:

Rankings:
    Treants: 30.000 (or whatever) damage per per second casting
    Starfall: 25.700 damage PSC
    Insect swarm: 9.203 damage PSC
    Wrath: 8.361 damage PSC
    Starfire: 7.784 damage PSC

These numbers are from 3.2, obviously, but this means that if you have treants, starfall or your dots ready, there will be a bigger benefit for you to spend a second casting them than one of your nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulros
    See, I've spent probably close to 15 hours at the dummies trying to figure out what works best, and I have had better luck with haste! I dunno, maybe i'm just wierd
    It comes down to personal prefrence, i suppose. Crit is ranked slightly higher than haste, once you are soft haste capped, and i prefer crit because it tops off my starfire, it keeps my mana high and haste may not be overly beneficial if you don't have enough to squeeze in another one during lunar eclipse - but this might be a bit better now that we will be casting starfire outside of lunar eclipse anyways.

Crit is still, theoretically, better than haste once you have 400 haste, and i do think there is a signifigance when i have some 144 haste less than OP (which he may not benefit much from), but over 5% crit more than him. Ill stick to crit, as much as i can, but ICC may force haste down my throath :P

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    on a similar note, i can not wait to get my hands on the 10 man airship battle trink. its like eye of the broodmother on steroids. id link it, but i fail at forums and dont know how.
    Myes, its very nice - and it's from 10 man, so less people to scare away when it drops

Muradin's Spyglass 10 man version
    Muradin's Spyglass 10 man heroic version

10+ Year Old Account

thats the one!

gimme....

Well atm I have the TOVP and haste gems in my yellow slots to get me to 400 haste.

Is it better to take the Abyssal Rune and put 12SP + 10crit in 4 of those slots?

Here is my armory. My gear is pretty low but I gonna gear up a lot over the next few weeks.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Jtstormrage

Comments gratefully received.

Deleted

I suppose it doesn't really matter if you use gem sockets or gear to get your haste up, but there is generally so much haste on gear that you can get all your haste there - thats what i prefer, at least, but if you have an item that can bump your crit by more than what you could get from sockets, and you use those sockets to even out your haste, i suppose it comes out equal.

I have a wide range of choices in my gear, so i can usually balance my haste to a point where i can focus purely on SP or SP/crit gems (for yellow sockets, if the bonus is worth it).

You have 50 haste from gems in your gear, and to use your chest as an example, its actually not worth gemming for the sockets (blue gems especially should be kept at a maximum of 2, most of the time). You could gain that 50 haste if you went out and got yourself some Bejeweled Wizard Bracers (which has excactly 50 haste). The difference between those and the ones you are currently using is 50 haste or 50 spirit, and you gain only 15 SP from the spirit on your current bracers.

So a quick tally, if you were to get the bracers and replace your gems, you could gain a total of 50 crit rating and 52 spell power. Yes, you can stand to gain this if you change your bracers and some of your gems!

I haven't touched the blue gem in your pants, because you need two anyways (the second one is in your new bracers), and since you are alliance, you can ditch the hit gem in your boots, assuming you have a draenei in your party. You might want to use a SP/crit gem instead of a pure crit gem, but i just took pure colors here, in this example.

What i changed:

Head: SP/crit
    Shoulder: Crit
    Chest: Haste gem to pure SP
    Bracers: Change to Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers with a SP/spi gem
    Belt: Crit
    Boots: Crit

As i said, instead of the pure crit gems (wouldn't go for them, probably), you could (should) use SP/crit, and gain a total of 30 crit rating and 88 spell power. That would be slightly better (stat rating wise) than gemming pure crit in the slots you are currently using haste gems in.