Thread: 3.3: Ret PvP

Bsallv

3.3: Ret PvP

Got a few questions on what others are doing in the upcoming patch as I haven't quite decided what I'm taking in a build yet.

Will anyone, with the 'fix' to Righteous Vengeance, be taking RV for PvP?

What about DG vs AM? Is it worth dropping DG/DS and taking AM now?

It'd be awesome if you could post your build too. Personally I'm considering this http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZ...uGdIbsz:0aj0zV but the above questions are changes that I'm considering.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.3: Ret PvP

Seeing as how MMO's servers are being bad.... I doubt we'll get may posts here.

Something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZVG...uGdIbsu:0ajzVc is what I'd use for PvP if I went for RV.

Bsallv

Heh, yeah, but it also means many people won't be posting topics so others will see it tomorrow I guess.

Your build is probably what I'd use although I'd swap around 2 points from RV and 1 from Vindication since I don't find it that useful in PvP, it's more of a trash debuff/dispel fodder for me. Where those remaining points would go depends entirely on if AM is now better than DS.

why would you take exo glyph over seal of righteousness. Exo glyph is not much extra dmg and its a 15 sec CD, whereas seal of righteousness is 10% to every single attack you land.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bsallv
    Heh, yeah, but it also means many people won't be posting topics so others will see it tomorrow I guess.

Your build is probably what I'd use although I'd swap around 2 points from RV and 1 from Vindication since I don't find it that useful in PvP, it's more of a trash debuff/dispel fodder for me. Where those remaining points would go depends entirely on if AM is now better than DS.
    AM is not as good anymore due to the 6 second length, and at least with DS you can't kill yourself anymore.

Vindication is very nice for reducing melee damage and as a filler debuff- In arenas (3/5s) your role as a Ret is to hinder the enemy by increasing your team's defenses, and Vindication does that in 2-fold.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKrab
    why would you take exo glyph over seal of righteousness. Exo glyph is not much extra dmg and its a 15 sec CD, whereas seal of righteousness is 10% to every single attack you land.
    Meant to put in SoR instead of Exo

Bsallv

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    AM is not as good anymore due to the 6 second length, and at least with DS you can't kill yourself anymore.

Vindication is very nice for reducing melee damage and as a filler debuff- In arenas (3/5s) your role as a Ret is to hinder the enemy by increasing your team's defenses, and Vindication does that in 2-fold.
    Yeah, I guess. My only issue with DS is it's so easy to get focused during the effect which causes a lot of problems. The EJ build also suggests AM now but that may be for both solo and group PvP, I'm not sure. I get what you're saying about vindication too, I'd just rather add to the value of RF. I don't believe I'd notice the damage my target lost through 2/2 vindication.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKrab
    The reason I took the exo glyph is because the extra sustained damage may equal more overall but it won't get you a kill. You may do ~100 more per swing but that 20% on an exo crit (that ignores armour and has range) may allow you to get them low enough to finish the enemy off. I don't see the SoR glyph ever doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Seeing as how MMO's servers are being bad.... I doubt we'll get may posts here.

Something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZVG...uGdIbsu:0ajzVc is what I'd use for PvP if I went for RV.

Scrubs shouldnt post

7/11/rest.

Put 1 point in Heart of the Crusader and rest fill in normally :-)

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sV0bZ...uGdIbsu:0ujcmz
    il probably try something like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobywan
    Scrubs shouldnt post

7/11/rest.

Put 1 point in Heart of the Crusader and rest fill in normally :-)
    wait what? yes you shouldnt post..