Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Was hoping for a little more. (New 5 Mans)

I still stand by the fact that it's soloable -_-
    This user has been banned.

The Forge is easy and not really epic, when you get to the pit the epicness starts from where you enter the cave, plus the finalboss. But in Halls I was truly amazed, it was like, WHAAAAAAAAAH RUN AWAAAAY AND NJOOOEEK. + the first part with waves is the REAL challange, you actually had to get into a specific little spot with 2 corners so the tank can easily pick up the rangeds etc, we wiped there twice, not to mention the satisfaction from doing it, was more then toc ever gave me. Add all the pro voices and what happens between that and you got a kickass, and quite hard heroic.

Our gear was Toc 10-ish and we did an hour for the whole place with a pug.
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

there were a few things i liked about the bosses the tornado of souls thing from the first boss was kinda cool and the mechanic where you attack the boss when you have the debuff on you and it kills the tank or someone else and the general look and feel of each one was nice.

but the falric and marwyn fight was so tedious it wasnt even fun. and the lich king chasing you afterwards was pretty entertaining.

the only thing i really wished was that forge of souls and halls of reflection were a little longer. more bosses and area wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTacoMan
    So me and 3 buddies just got done pretty much 4 manning the new heroics only thing we couldn't pull off with 4 people was the gauntlet in Halls of Reflection. I mean I know there only heroics but I was hoping for something like H MgT when it first hit it was actually some what challenging at release and for a little while after.

As a side note none of us are even in 25 man gear were mostly a smash up of 10 man toc reg and H shit. Pretty much a QQ post but was I the only one hoping for at least a semi challenging heroic here? I mean don't stand in the fire avoid the eye lazer all stuff we've seen before I was hoping they'd throw in some shit we maybe had to CC just to totally fuck up 80% of the people that play now a days. Oh well I guess I can keep on dreaming thanks for listening to my little rant.
    You're surprised that a raid-geared group can clear heroics easily? You do realize that these are 5-man heroics and you're grossly over-gearing them? Heroic MgT was no different; if you had raid gear it was less of a challenge than the new 5 mans.

Overall I really like the new dungeons. They have interesting lore, nice environments and fun boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    You're surprised that a raid-geared group can clear heroics easily? You do realize that these are 5-man heroics and you're grossly over-gearing them? Heroic MgT was no different; if you had raid gear it was less of a challenge than the new 5 mans.

Overall I really like the new dungeons. They have interesting lore, nice environments and fun boss mechanics.
    I agree, I went in with a few friends and where in mainly all ilvl245/251's.
    Yes of course we vastly out gear it, we all pulled over 5k deeps and the tanks health barely moved, but i still enjoyed it. Even though it took all day to get the servers up, I believe blizzard did a good job here. Except the first two bosses in HoR, the waves of mobs is getting old blizz ! QQ

You guys are right, it is that much easier because everyone and their Grandma's cousin are nowadays decked in the same full top Tier gear. Dalaran looks somehow like this (if these clothes would be BiS for example): ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    In TBC Casual's had their raids, and Hardcores had thiers.
    Casuals could progress in Kara, Mag, Gruul and some might have gotten to SCC and TK.
    The hardcores had BT and Sunwell. But don't forget! Alot of hardcores claims Kara to be the best raid instance in the game ever made, so why you wanna go BT?
    "Casuals had their raids, Hardcores had thiers, just because they are harder, it must not mean they are more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by derail
    How about trying life when you're done raiding. Most of the people posting here have proven RL can be challenging. Challenge yourself and make a good life for you.

Cry about raids after you have a job, family, and nest egg.

Sersiously people this is just a GAME.
    GTFO.... you have no clue about OP's background. For all you know we know he might have won the lottery and does have all those RL ingredients you just mentioned.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by danoontje
    GTFO.... you have no clue about OP's background. For all you know we know he might have won the lottery and does have all those RL ingredients you just mentioned.
    This ^^

OP, you've admitted to you and most of your friends being totally decked out in at least T9 10 man gear. T9 10 man = iLvl 232 = the heroic dungeon loot = The instance wasn't made for you. Sad but true. You may as well be complaining that Wailing Caverns is too easy. It wasn't made for you at your current level.

Them's the breaks. You can say it sucks, but the simple truth of the matter is this was designed for people who can only do 5 mans to have another level of progression. You are clearly not this group.

This thread is full of fail. One day after the patch and people are QQing? Go get a new game. These instances are supposed to further the WoW lore and provide something fun to do. If they wanted 5mans to be difficult they'd make them that way but the purpose is for gearing up for raids and story telling.

If the OP wants something to do when he's done raiding for the week I suggest raiding on an alt or PvP. There is plenty to do in this game especially the day after the patch. Respec, try out a new role and so on. These threads are really just ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't QQ about hcs, they are really just something to keep you occupied while waiting for next raid.
    Had to rephrase this for you.

Don't QQ about hcs, they are really just something to keep your alts occupied while waiting for next raid.

Although I am thinking my 4 'mains' already out gear give or take an item and may need to use my ghettoknight for some fun.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keh
    Don't QQ about hcs, they are really just something to keep your alts occupied while waiting for next raid.
    Interesting game design where alts have more to do than mains. :

It feels kinda like vanilla instances - long and loads of bosses (if you do all 3 of them at the same time). And to be fair, they are harder than other heroics. Not that much harder but you'll notice the difference.

The new 5-mans seemed alrightly balanced for the intended gear level, with some bit easy and some quite nicely challenging parts, especially if you do all the achievements (easy or hard depending on setup). They also have a storyline beyond those so far represented in WotLK so I'm reasonably satisfied even if we don't have a new "MgT" at hand.

Anyone that thinks the new dungeons are on par difficulty wise with MgT at it's release is just wrong. T5 decked players were getting roflstomped by the pvp boss on a regular basis at the beginning if nothing else. The Gauntlet at the end of HoR is the closest thing here but that will be mastered much more quickly.

...and that's ok I suppose. It's not surprising all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181
    OP, you've admitted to you and most of your friends being totally decked out in at least T9 10 man gear. T9 10 man = iLvl 232 = the heroic dungeon loot = The instance wasn't made for you.

You can say it sucks, but the simple truth of the matter is this was designed for people who can only do 5 mans to have another level of progression.
    I thought Blizzard was done catering to 5% of the population? 90% of the playerbase had access to ToC 10 gear--100% now that heroics drop triumph badges. If you have below that level of gear you're either an alt (although most people's alts have better than that) or you've joined the game within the past month.
    Wellfare epics and class homogenization explained(!):
    [blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677864812&pageNo=3&sid=1#51] We agree with Communism.[/blizzquote"]

These dungeons do exactly what they are meant to do-- provide additional storyline development and enable players of all levels to get gear that can be used (without looking like an undergeared moron) in ToC/ToGC/ICC. Blizz has been very upfront about the fact that they want to avoid the "sunwell elitism" that occured in BC, where only 5% of the playerbase got to see the crown jewel of the xpac. Part of accomplishing that goal is providing players of all levels reasonably easy routes to obtain gear sufficient to complete the current tier of progression.

The end-result of this whole idea is that the real "end-game" has shifted from current tier progression (BC) to hardmodes (WotLK). Get over it or find a new game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23323
    These dungeons do exactly what they are meant to do-- provide additional storyline development and enable players of all levels to get gear that can be used (without looking like an undergeared moron) in ToC/ToGC/ICC. Blizz has been very upfront about the fact that they want to avoid the "sunwell elitism" that occured in BC, where only 5% of the playerbase got to see the crown jewel of the xpac. Part of accomplishing that goal is providing players of all levels reasonably easy routes to obtain gear sufficient to complete the current tier of progression.

The end-result of this whole idea is that the real "end-game" has shifted from current tier progression (BC) to hardmodes (WotLK). Get over it or find a new game.
    Wait wut... the crown jewel? you mean the filler patch coz wotlk took much longer then expected, right?

Yea, dont worry guys, these 5 mans are just fillers until the new ones get released ;D

Enjoy your amazingly difficult and long lasting 3 bosses until the next gates open.

This massive patch that we have waited 4 months for and you get to farm 3 bosses for the next 4 weeks.

How does it make you feel knowing you are paying for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tergha
    theyre fun, sure theyre not incredibly hard, but they are just heroics. its the best effort Blizz has put in to a eroic for a while. and also H MgT was about the same level iirc
    oo blizz is making erotic things ? ;D