Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tank stats for ICC.

Hey guys ;D

i havent played my pally tank in afew weeks but plan to start again in with 3.3 out. Just wondering what amount of health and other stats are need to start the 10 man normal ICC.(armory link below, be nice at my gearz lolz i mainly play my lock) :P

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&n=Rhorandin
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Re: Tank stats for ICC.

Sorry but I really hope that people with your gear standard aren't able to tank ICC10 - Naxx10+25 items, crappy gems and enchants.

Its like you havn't tried very hard to put your gear together. 1 day in 3.3 and u can be full T9 geared.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    Sorry but I really hope that people with your gear standard aren't able to tank ICC10 - Naxx10+25 items, crappy gems and enchants.

Its like you havn't tried very hard to put your gear together. 1 day in 3.3 and u can be full T9 geared.
    As i stated i dont play him much but as for thr tier 9 i put together a toon on http://chardev.org/?c and even with all 5 pieces of the 232 tier 9 i only go up by 600-700 more health and i can make that up by stam stacking if i have too and as for the crapp boots im getting the 232 tank ones from the ICC 5-mans real soon

10+ Year Old Account

Idk what the requirement is for the 10 mode or the 25 man, gonna be giving those a go with the guild in a bit. I do know that I wish I was better geared than I am atm. The better geared the tank, the easier its gonna be to faceroll the instance. Your HP is kinda low, and the gear is kinda, meh... I have 42.7k and I honestly wish I were higher. GL with it.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

I have seen several tanks with around 36k health, paladins at least, clearing 10m TotGC. You are probably fine to start 10 man ICC normal as long as you are good and your group doesn't need to carry anyone. Normal raids are dead easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if your gear level is enough for icc10, but you might wanna bother doing the 5mans normal and heroics first to pick up some really easy upgrades

If I am not mistaken, isn't there a debuff in ICC Chill of the Throne, which ignores 20% of your dodge, so you may want to get some TOC25/togc10 gear for a little more mitigation and health. Dont want to get 3 shotted in there. However, if you believe you can handle it and your healers can also, why not go check out Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by sayzar
    If I am not mistaken, isn't there a debuff in ICC Chill of the Throne, which ignores 20% of your dodge, so you may want to get some TOC25/togc10 gear for a little more mitigation and health. Dont want to get 3 shotted in there. However, if you believe you can handle it and your healers can also, why not go check out Icecrown
    yeh there's sunwell raidiance .v2, but they also made bosses do damage in a different fashion. they tuned bosses so damage would be a lot less spiky. hell, blizzard even put the aura in tehre cus they want low avoidance tanks yet again, they always say "preferably we want tanks at ~20% avoidance". cut 20% dodge off mr paladin here and that's about where he is.

Well my guess is that you can OT for sure...not yet though. You should try farming some heroics to improove your crappy items ( trimuph bendors ftw) and you should be able to tank it for sure. i repeat as OT.

Your talent spec is horrible. Try 53/18 with Vindication and PoJ. Divinity is pretty much worthless (we already get 6% increased healing from Imp Devo Aura, an addition 5% is not worth 5 talent points), Seals of the Pure is worse than Crusade, Vindication is a huge amount of damage reduction for two points, and PoJ is very nice to have (not required, but it adds a lot of mobility - totally worth the two points).

And please, do not skip Judgements of the Just. 20% slow is fantastic, there's no excuse for skipping it.

Glyphs look good, gear is a little bit low level but is properly gemmed and enchanted. I'd suggest running more heroic spam or some ToC 10 normal just to gear up a little more, but you could probably handle an off-tank role in your current state.

JotJ only works on trash i thought and if thats the case it's kinda useless

Quote Originally Posted by gamerguy19876
    JotJ only works on trash i thought and if thats the case it's kinda useless
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    yeh there's sunwell raidiance .v2, but they also made bosses do damage in a different fashion. they tuned bosses so damage would be a lot less spiky. hell, blizzard even put the aura in tehre cus they want low avoidance tanks yet again, they always say "preferably we want tanks at ~20% avoidance". cut 20% dodge off mr paladin here and that's about where he is.
    yeah, this is accurate... but they should have doubled it they wanted me at 20%. 40k hp 59% avoidance unbuffed ftw. solid avoidance is still effective in ICC, they just made dodge less useful to combat people like me and my buddy druid who both had 55%+ avoidance in togc.

You should be able to get a group together that can carry you.

@Harmacy

you never NEVER EVER want to spec 2/2 imp judgment, that fuck up your 969 rotation and results in HUGE threat loss.
    PoJ is near to usless for tanking icc or any current instances, we already have 3 (arguably 4) ranged threat generators, no need to run around that much

Divine guardian and sacrifice..well meh, they are a good mitigation for party but might be very dangerous in icc, i myself used it VERY VERY VERY rarely so i just took 3/5 reckoning for small threat increase, i know its small buff but, at least better then nothing.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    @Harmacy

you never NEVER EVER want to spec 2/2 imp judgment, that fuck up your 969 rotation and results in HUGE threat loss.
    PoJ is near to usless for tanking icc or any current instances, we already have 3 (arguably 4) ranged threat generators, no need to run around that much

Divine guardian and sacrifice..well meh, they are a good mitigation for party but might be very dangerous in icc, i myself used it VERY VERY VERY rarely so i just took 3/5 reckoning for small threat increase, i know its small buff but, at least better then nothing.
    Bolded part is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    @Harmacy

*facepalm*

2/2 Imp Judgements is not crucial by any means, but it gives us a some leeway in our rotation which is nice because, unless you're a noob who macro'd 96969 to one button, you will NOT be sticking to the rotation absolutely 100% of the time, especially on trash. I can see taking one point in Benediction if you're sticking mainly to 5-mans, where it's actually possible to go OOM, but in raids there's absolutely no reason to.

Pursuit of Justice is useless for tanking? LOL. You will constantly be running around on various fights, seriously on any fight that isn't a flat up tank-n-spank like Patchwerk, Pursuit of Justice is a wonderful talent.

If you never use Divine Sac, which I don't understand as it's a wonderfully useful talent, but if you never use it, then yes there's nothing wrong with going 3/5 Reckoning. Although with the buff to Divine Sac/Guardian in the last patch, it's getting harder and harder to pass over.

crusade spec has always been a boost in thread and damage with the exception of ulduar where bosses were giants or not listed as a mob type.

harmony's spec link is good for 10 man content. in 25, it can depend on if you have other pallys with might improved vs other classes that can place a crit debuff on the mob. PoJ is amazing for when you can't silence something at range to make it come toward aoe or when you have to move out of stuff on the ground. it's skippable, but its hardly not useful.

No offense, but everytime I see a tank with 2x 170 stamina trinket it just makes my cry a little deep inside.

I've them in my bags for the real hard hitting bosses, but I would never use more then one.
    Avoidance FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Deleted

i managed to tank marrowgar10 just fine with my current gear:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27gall&n=Nzall

however, healers did not heal the bonespiked ones and DPS died on bonestorm/did not switch to bonespikes. we could not make it in our pug and we wiped 2 times.

but i did not take high damage, although some moments were a bit hairy when the OT did not catch up with me before we got there.