Thread: Destro->aff

Destro->aff

Dinged 80 few days ago and i just dont find destro interesting, maybe i played my mage for too long
    Thinking of http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IfxMb...kAkiosxzZE:oqT spec with corr-immo-coa with SB spam and felguard
    Ofc, since i run heroics only while gearing for raids, would this be dps-viable, i dont wanna embarras myself

Pure aff looks complicated to me (taking care of 4 dots looks complicated), destro non-interesting, pure demo havent tried...

Re: Destro->aff

You won't do great damage with that, no*. For one thing you seem to be planning to cast shadow bolts a lot but you have not taken the Ruin talent which is pretty great for increasing the damage of that spell. For another, dots like CoA and Corr don't do great damage in heroics as trash tends to go down so fast that they don't run their full course. If you want to use the felguard I'd suggest something more like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GchkAkibcGzZVbhqrzuVqT

FG does decent damage and you can either spam incinerate or rain of fire depending on the size of the groups.

* feel free to come back and prove me wrong btw.

i hear destro is back in 3.3, but then again, get the right spec or go demo, if you dont like destro. Otherwise you will look dumb and people will start thinking: why that lock is doing low dmg?

just read what i wrote, sorry...

i meant ** i hear affliction is back ....

Quote Originally Posted by timb111
    You won't do great damage with that, no*. For one thing you seem to be planning to cast shadow bolts a lot but you have not taken the Ruin talent which is pretty great for increasing the damage of that spell. For another, dots like CoA and Corr don't do great damage in heroics as trash tends to go down so fast that they don't run their full course. If you want to use the felguard I'd suggest something more like:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GchkAkibcGzZVbhqrzuVqT

FG does decent damage and you can either spam incinerate or rain of fire depending on the size of the groups.

* feel free to come back and prove me wrong btw.
    Yep, u r right, this spec looks very tuned for heroics, think im gonna go with it - only maybe not taking Decimate talent for same reason (mobs die fast)

Decimation is still fun. You can easily cast the Soulfire on the next target, because it is not target-dependent like execute or Hammer or Wrath (or Drain Soul for that matter).

As long as the Shadowbolt/Incinerate hits the target while it is at 35% or less, you will get the decimation buff and can cast the soulfire on whatever target you like.

Affliction complicated... ha

Should have played it in 3.0 when it was actually fun to play.

afflics rotation is so hard: life tap, sb, haunt, corruption, UA, coa, sbx3, rehaunt, sb, reua, sb sb sb, rehaunt, sb, reua, recoa.

so difficult i can do it without looking at the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystearica
    Affliction complicated... ha

Should have played it in 3.0 when it was actually fun to play.
    SB>Haunt>Immolate>UA>CoA>SL>Corruption>SB spam fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    Pure aff looks complicated to me (taking care of 4 dots looks complicated)
    Go back to your Mage. Every Warlock spec has dot-management/timing. Destro is the simplest and easiest spec to play and it's almost as simple as Arcane Mage dps (Mages use 2 buttons, Destro locks use 4).
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by SylNHK
    SB>Haunt>Immolate>UA>CoA>SL>Corruption>SB spam fuck yeah.
    LT first for teh glyphzors
    old old rotation = [

SL got merged with Corruption a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Charon544
    SL got merged with Corruption a while ago
    He was posting the 3.0 rotation FYI.

Destro is so so in 3.3