Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.3 Target Dummy Parses

Took a bit of work but I finally adjusted my rotation to hit 5K self buffed DPS... I still think I can eek out a bit more but the rotation is certainly a bit more difficult to execute.

After doing several parses it appears that VT & DP are definitely better to cast than MB during a conflict which means my average MB has blown out from 7.15 seconds to 7.7 seconds, dots conflict with MB quite often at my amount of haste (22%). It was also somewhat difficult to keep my MF ticks at 1.5 seconds, I blew them out to 1.6 but got them back closer to 1.5 at the end (I was able to get under 1.5 pre 3.3 but of course casting more Dot Spells is going to eat into your MF ticks).

So considering I was able to hit 4.6K dps in 3.2 consistently, achieve 5K dps is roughly the 10% increase I was expecting and as I continue to reitemise to haste I expect that to creep more towards 12%.

*Didn't take screenshots this time but if I get some people accusing me of whatever i'll be happy to provide them when I get more time.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.3 Target Dummy Parses

10% dps increase while whacking the dummy is a lot more than 10% dps increase in a raid setting. So basically we are looking at a 20%ish dps increase for shadowpriests :P
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

thank you blizz...barely 2400 gear score, but itemized to about 20% haste = 3.7-4.2k on heroic dummy.

Well my guild did ICC 25man, 1shot everything except Lady Deathwshisper and here was the recount for the four:

While it doesnt show my actual damage breakdown it does show that our dps is good at the moment

Also please note that on marrowgar i wasnt dpsing in phase two as i wasnt sure how to until the last one, on lady i was simply dpsing her the whole time not touching adds, on deathbringer its not very spriest friendly because we have to dps adds which have around 70k health meaning we cant dot them and all we can do is flay, and lastly where it says Kor'kron Axethrower that is actualy the Gunship battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Well my guild did ICC 25man, 1shot everything except Lady Deathwshisper and here was the recount for the four:

While it doesnt show my actual damage breakdown it does show that our dps is good at the moment

Also please note that on marrowgar i wasnt dpsing in phase two as i wasnt sure how to until the last one, on lady i was simply dpsing her the whole time not touching adds, on deathbringer its not very spriest friendly because we have to dps adds which have around 70k health meaning we cant dot them and all we can do is flay, and lastly where it says Kor'kron Axethrower that is actualy the Gunship battle.
    my numbers are pretty consistant with Weena's. Was pulling a solid 7-8k pretty much all night. Alot more complicated of a rotation so I am sure my dps will climb as I get used to clicking potions and my hyperspeed accelerator on my gloves every minute from now on.

I regemmed full 12sp / 10haste gems so i am running 22.78% haste self buffed right now.

Raid buffed buffed with black magic procced , hyperspeed accelerators on , speed pot , and heroism i was seeing 1.4 second mind flay cast times. few weeks from now when I am rocking 4piece T10 that a .9 second cast time not counting the rest of my gear increasing between now and then.

The increase is more upfront than I expected. It further complicates our rotation but if the numbers are competitive I have no problem with that at all. I actually enjoy the more complex rotation AS LONG as my dps is the same or better for having to do so.

Hopefully we can hold these numbers throughout ICC. some of the scaling issues with our spells might cause problems but hopefully not.

On a side note Unholy DKs and Rogues were buffed an ungodly amount. We had our rogue and both unholy DKs break 14k on one of the fights. They were all consistantly 1-2k dps above everyone else the entire night.

INC unholy nerfs soon I am sure. Rogues seemed to be a little high but no complaints on that. Demo also got a nice buff as well.

now i just need to go bribe one of our disc priests into giving me PI forever. Already talked a mage into Focus Magic.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Looks pretty yummy, EU servers arnt up just yet so i cant test, but before the servers went down i was pretty consistantly hitting between 4.7 and 4.9K over 2 mins self buffed with shadowfiend, logged out at the dummies so i can start mashing as soon as they come online, will post back then.

After regemming and enchanting I'm cruising at about 5.9K sustained DPS self buffed on test dummies. This is in comparison to the 4.9-5K mark I was hitting in 3.2 using the same items.

Looks good, going to be fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by jinetix
    5.9K sustained DPS self buffed on test dummies
    lf wws

So are we saying VT>DP>MB>MF now instead of MB>VT>DP>MF?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    lf wws
    http://www.srnguild.com/dummydps.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jinetix
    Impressive, although I do find almost 20% increase in selfbuffed damage hard to believe. I get 8-9% more dmg by average, but I am still low on haste, about 15%.
    Could be a bug or a severe case of rng.

btw
    Is that 2 separate mote stacks? I thought you couldn't use normal+hc versions of the same trinkets and rings anymore. Or what am I missing?

Dummy with 400-600 Ping (without Lowerping)

7 min Fight 2 Shadowfiends altho i didn't see any real jump in DPS when i used it.
    Was doing between around 7.5k DPS on Deathwhisper and Saur. Lootgunship doesn't count and Marrow I only did 6.5k coz somehow a lower rank of VT made it onto my bars =\

Still gemmed/geared heavily for Crit, CBF regeming till i get some real gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Berner

Is that 2 separate mote stacks? I thought you couldn't use normal+hc versions of the same trinkets and rings anymore. Or what am I missing?

they build up their own seperate stack

this is only for the icc trinkets, the ToC trinkets can be used twiced coz of different names of the stacks.

btw did 5,3k on boss dummy,, no idea how u got 5.9 ... u must be doing 8k dps on Beast pre 3.3!

I am using my old 3.2.2 build right now 14/0/57, Can someone state if there is a new one, with beginner 80 gear that is.
    So can someone say the correct rotation?

jinetix what program gives you all the breakdowns on that screen shot?

all of the cooldowns shown in the small row right center of screen what is that?

Northrend Beasts

Jaraxxus

H-Anub
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    jinetix what program gives you all the breakdowns on that screen shot?

all of the cooldowns shown in the small row right center of screen what is that?
    Skada or Recount is the add-on that gives you all the breakdowns.

For the cooldowns, I use Fortexorcist.

Deleted

I've only done ICC10 so far this week, but the group had good caster buffs. (moonkin, shaman, unholy dk, pally)
    Spriest scales much better with raid buffs now, especially the 5-8% haste and heroism. I don't feel gimped in single target damage anymore.
    Ramp up time is also shorter with VE change and now that I've been able to gather more haste. Very nice on thrash and adds.

I like it so far. The only hydrid that seems to be considerably stronger atm is unholy dk. But I'm not complaining, unholy in the raid is more disease damage for me

I've only done ICC10 so far this week, but the group had good caster buffs. (moonkin, shaman, unholy dk, pally)
    Spriest scales much better with raid buffs now, especially the 5-8% haste and heroism. I don't feel gimped in single target damage anymore.
    Ramp up time is also shorter with VE change and now that I've been able to gather more haste. Very nice on thrash and adds.

I like it so far. The only hydrid that seems to be considerably stronger atm is unholy dk. But I'm not complaining, unholy in the raid is more disease damage for me
    Even if your Moonkin takes off, that Unholy's giving you 13% spell damage for free, on ALL targets, when your Moonkin does it to one. Go Go Multi-Dot's and/or Mind Sear.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~