Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: 3.3 Target Dummy Parses

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Even if your Moonkin takes off, that Unholy's giving you 13% spell damage for free, on ALL targets, when your Moonkin does it to one. Go Go Multi-Dot's and/or Mind Sear.
    The moonkin aura still brings 5% spell crit and 3% haste, so don't take away my moonkin. If there's someone in the group who's buffs won't be missed, it's me. Moonkin brings the hit and multiple specs bring replenishment. That leaves me VE, which is nice if there's is alot of aoe, but useless as a raid buff otherwise.

Atleast you can bring dmg now.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    The moonkin aura still brings 5% spell crit and 3% haste, so don't take away my moonkin. If there's someone in the group who's buffs won't be missed, it's me. Moonkin brings the hit and multiple specs bring replenishment. That leaves me VE, which is nice if there's is alot of aoe, but useless as a raid buff otherwise.

Atleast you can bring dmg now.
    The Moonkin's 5% aura is also brought by the Shaman, and the 3% haste is done by the Ret Paladin you said was in your group, which also brings 3% damage if I recall correctly.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Unholy DK gives additional 30% damage on diseases, and DP is a disease. Hence, for casters = dk > moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Unholy DK gives additional 30% damage on diseases, and DP is a disease. Hence, for spriest = dk > moonkin.
    Fixd, because 30% to diseases do nothing for pretty much every other caster.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Well, that, but the 13% all spell damage buff goes out on all targets, unlike the Balance Druid's one. So they are the better choice, for all casters.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Well, that, but the 13% all spell damage buff goes out on all targets withing 15 yrds, unlike the Balance Druid's one. So they are the better choice, for all casters.
    But Boomkins also bring 5% crit, 3% haste, and 3% hit to a target that is debuffed.
    He also implied that it was because of the 30% damage to diseases that made UH dk a caster's BFF.

Also, I added something to your post to be more precise. To get the 13% magic damage to other targets, pestilence needs to be used, which has a range of 15yrds. While a boomkin's debuff has a range of 30-36 yrds to the boomkin's target.

But why are we arguing when if you have a choice, both would be taken(along with an arcane mage/ret paladin)?

You're being thick just because so you can add +1 to your post count or what? DK buffs our DP by 30% and all other magic by 13%, pushes 1 button and spreads it to all targets instantly. I didn't know some have to be spoon fed and explained every single thing in utmost detail.

FYI other death knights (blood, frost) do damage via diseases too, and portion of their damage is magic type.

You're being thick just because so you can add +1 to your post count or what? DK buffs our DP by 30% and all other magic by 13%, pushes 1 button and spreads it to all targets instantly. I didn't know some have to be spoon fed and explained every single thing in utmost detail.

FYI other death knights (blood, frost) do damage via diseases too, and portion of their damage is magic type.
    Really? DO you even read other posts before quoting? You are the one that looks thick now. Read my other post, or you know, I could always quote it for you since it seems you're the one in need of being spoon fed(bolded a part that you obviously missed).
    But Boomkins also bring 5% crit, 3% haste, and 3% hit to a target that is debuffed.
    He also implied that it was because of the 30% damage to diseases that made UH dk a caster's BFF.

Also, I added something to your post to be more precise. To get the 13% magic damage to other targets, pestilence needs to be used, which has a max range of 15yrds. While a boomkin's debuff has a range of 30-36 yrds but only to the boomkin's target.

But why are we arguing when if you have a choice, both would be taken(along with an arcane mage/ret paladin)?
    Also, did you forget that we're talking about casters here? Because you brought up the other DK specs.
    Unholy DK gives additional 30% damage on diseases, and DP is a disease. Hence, for casters = dk > moonkin.
    Now please, before you flame, think. It might save you from being embarrassed.

Apparently you can't grasp simplest facts. Why do you even try to argue? You're just too dumb. Even if I drawn it out for you, I doubt you could understand.

Oh yes, if you ever played or bothered to read about death knights you'd understand that DKs do a portion of their damage via diseases, which are (OMG, fanfare) magic. Having 1 player using 1 button to debuff x targets beats moonikin and warlock. And they buff shadow priests' damage and other deathknights' damage.

Such a hard concept to grasp, isn't it? I hope you enjoyed your soup.

Apparently you can't grasp simplest facts. Why do you even try to argue? You're just too dumb. Even if I drawn it out for you, I doubt you could understand.

Oh yes, if you ever played or bothered to read about death knights you'd understand that DKs do a portion of their damage via diseases, which are (OMG, fanfare) magic. Having 1 player using 1 button to debuff x targets beats moonikin and warlock. And they buff shadow priests' damage and other deathknights' damage.

Such a hard concept to grasp, isn't it? I hope you enjoyed your soup.
    /facepalm

Seriously, I told you to look at all the facts and posts before trying to flame again. Here, I'll list them for you.
    [list]Unholy DK
    • 13% increase to magic damage within 15yrds of the DK's target
    • 30% increase of damage of disease(only helps spriest)

[list]Boomkin
    • 3% hit
    • 3% haste
    • 5% crit
    • 13% increase to magic damage within 30-36yrds of the boomkin, 1 target

Boomkins have twice the number of buffs for spriest than unholy dks, and 4 times the number for other casters. Both bring 13% magic damage, and both are limited on either the range of the debuff or the number of targets for the debuff.

Also, if you bring up other DK specs when discussing casters again, you'll have no credibility in this discussion.

I really don't get it, but for some reason people seem to think that this "spot-testing" gives accurate results. Sure, you may see a general increase in your dps on a dummy, but unless you're doing 100s of tests, NONE of the tests you do are reliable. Its called RNG for a reason, and you need 100s of tests and hours of testing to minimize that RNG. What you're doing is like taking a coin, flipping it, observing heads twice in a row, and concluding "Yep, head's always comes up now".

Further, testing your personal dps against a raid dummy is absurd, there are no raid buffs on you or any (very few) at least on the boss. Some classes have more complicated interactions of stats than others (see rogues that can be forced to regem all their gear by adjusting hit just a bit), but there is a reason all this effort is poured into the spreadsheets on EJ, because there is no simple way of doing it.

TL;DR: If you're testing on a dummy and making claims about changes, you're doing it wrong. The only thing you can say is that you *may* be seeing a trend. Nothing more.

Hooray!
    Same here as Weena, from 11th position in dmg meter i found myself in the top 5. In Lady Deathwhisper (or whatever she is called) I was 2d, dpsing only boss with another 4 dps (mage, lock, hunter, ele shaman).
    Great change, I hope it stays that way and we dont get another nerf "because we find shadow priest dps to be too high".
    Again, Cheers!!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Not sure on dummies, but for Icecrown:

Deathwhisper: 7297 dps (had a lot of lag)
    Saurfang: 8676 dps

My best effort on dummys so far is 4950dps, haven't managed to break 5k yet. Only self buffed with Divine Spirit and Inner Fire.

In 25man raid tonight I was able to pull single target 7.7k on Ignis and 7.2k on Ony with a latency of about 350-400ms

Im stacking stupid amounts of haste (29.7%) I am using troll racial, engineering glove enchant, scale of fates every cd and sw buffed with 20% crit from nevermelting ice crystal.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ssan&n=whoopse

I was over 8K dps on Beasts of Northrend last night... finished at 7.4k due to the lulls in new mobs spawning and the worms going underground.

I am noticing my mana pool seems a lot smaller now... im over 30% raid buffed haste and i'm needing innervates to keep at my max dps rotation for anything 5mins or more... that or it's mandatory to use dispersion.

I think i'll be looking pretty hard to wear spirit items where possible... i'm pretty sure well into ICC i'll be able to approach 40% haste, maybe even a tad more.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I am noticing my mana pool seems a lot smaller now... im over 30% raid buffed haste and i'm needing innervates to keep at my max dps rotation for anything 5mins or more... that or it's mandatory to use dispersion.
    You're doing it wrong.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    You're doing it wrong.
    QFT 0.o

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Simixiz

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I was over 8K dps on Beasts of Northrend last night... finished at 7.4k due to the lulls in new mobs spawning and the worms going underground.

I'm having similar experience, mana goes out FAST. Especially on the 1st of the beasts multidotting all the snobolds. Pushing 10K dps on the first guy. The breaks in between bosses + the burrows of the worms gave nice openings to pop a dispersion actually.
    Here's the log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=705&e=1113

Here's my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=The+Khalasar
    Still need to swap the sp/crit gems for sp/haste, I'm a lazy bastard I know.

First kills of ICC are a bad meter, impossible to figure out how to be most effective after only 1 kill.
    Ended up #1 by half a mile on lady death/w by just single targetting her. I could probably do more by tossing some dots around.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    You're doing it wrong.
    Of course I am... going from 15% haste to 33% combined with hasted dots just lowered my DPM by a massive amount. Any encounter that lasts over 6mins starts to become a mana issue (at this early stage in T10) if you're at full DPS burn...

Particularly if you need to multi-dot... I found that I could just last the Suarfang encounter providing I cast shadow fiend after the first lot of beast spawns. Casting 5 x VT every 30 seconds instead of what would normally be 3 MF is another example of how much extra mana we're spending. I managed over 8K dps, probably have a bit more to squeeze out, so I can't see how that is so wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Crpzz
    I'm having similar experience, mana goes out FAST. Especially on the 1st of the beasts multidotting all the snobolds. Pushing 10K dps on the first guy. The breaks in between bosses + the burrows of the worms gave nice openings to pop a dispersion actually.
    Here's the log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=705&e=1113

Here's my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=The+Khalasar
    Still need to swap the sp/crit gems for sp/haste, I'm a lazy bastard I know.

First kills of ICC are a bad meter, impossible to figure out how to be most effective after only 1 kill.
    Ended up #1 by half a mile on lady death/w by just single targetting her. I could probably do more by tossing some dots around.
    That's pretty nice... I would have hit a similar number I think if one of the retard pugs didnt' get charged by icehowl which completely stuffed my fiend and berskering CD...

You're right in that encounter giving you a nice time to use dispersion... becuase I had such little mana issues in 3.2 (ie none at all) I didn't think to disperse each opportunity... it's something i'm changing in my playstyle now however... so mana is a bit more managable but it's something you certainly have to manage rather than forget about.