Titan

3.3 Tanking Loot

I've just taken a look through the loot in 3.3 (the discovered stuff anyway). Is anyone else drooling at the stats on some of the items?

Corroded Skeleton Key - WTB to replace my Yogg-10 trinket.
    Harbingers Bone Band - Trash drop, and has perfect stats.
    Boneguard Commanders Pauldrons - Just..... wow. Do want.
    Legguards of Lost Hope - Wish i'd have noticed these before i got the 258 ones from TotGC25.

It's EU maintenance currently. I didn't honestly realise stats had been buffed so much. I didn't think they'd buff stats as much as they did between Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader, but they've gone several steps ahead in 3.3!

Those legs in particular. I'd much rather have those with the hit, than the 258 ones i've got with Expertise. I know it's higher ilvl, but i do imagine Jaraxxus Heroic is more difficult than Marrowgar normal (even if Jaraxxus is the easiest of the TotGC25 bosses).

I won't pull the "My precious epix are worth nothing now!" routine, but i am a little surprised they did this. On one hand, i'm a little disappointed that they've buffed the stats so much, but on the other hand, i'm really looking forward to seeing what sorta levels my stats will reach.

One thing i'm overjoyed at is the fact i won't have to put up with awful luck when it comes to a stam trinket. Currently, we've had 0 Heroic TotGC25 FC stam trinkets, a single Ignis25 stam trinket, 2 Yogg10 Stam trinkets, and 3-4 TotC25 normal FC stam trinkets. That's a total of 6-7 stamina trinkets, from over 7 months of farming total. I'm personally really happy they made one available that wasn't reliant on luck. It's 60 EoF's, so i'll be dropping the first 60 badges on that (another 73 stam in exchange for a not-so-great use effect is something i'm prepared to do).

What's everyone elses thoughts on the stat boosts they made in 3.3 gear?
    [...]

Re: 3.3 Tanking Loot

I wish I could have prot OS to even try tanking in ICC... sucks theres too many tanks in my guild =(

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    I wish I could have prot OS to even try tanking in ICC... sucks theres too many tanks in my guild =(
    I feel for you. after my last guild crumbled I had to swap over to my shaman and raid as ele instead of tanking again... been fine for tunnelvisoning toc, but god I'd give anything to be able to tank again for ICC. nothing beats progressing the utmost lorecontent as a tank, leading your group to new conquerings :> now I feel sad.

Otherwise nice, but why do they have to stick defense on every damn item? Getting way overcapped :P

I probably shouldn't complain about an easy-to-obtain 228 stamina trinket, but they could at least try to give it a decent on-use. It's an upgraded Brewfest trinket, more or less.

I've seen 2 drop and luckily the person I tank with let me get the first one that dropped a week after my trial cause we were cool <3. But yeah the stat increase is awesome I myself am looking more into the BoE legs with armor if I remember correctly they looked very nice "pillars of might" or something - 3500 armor on them.

Stats are getting buffed alot in 3.3 but especially as a tank you are forgetting the Icecrown Radiance wich reduces dodge with 20 %
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&cn=Makkezor

I really like the EoF trinket, ofc, but I don't think the on use effect is that bad either. 3200 dmg isn't alot, but I feel that I could use it more often. Whereas with other trinkets, the use effect was "so good" I found myself saving it for the opertune moment, this one can be hit every 2min. Also, consider ICC dmg is supposed to be more constant and not as spiky, making this use effect better. IMO. That was one reason why I enjoyed the 4pc t9 bonus, I could hit my Dprot or Dshield/dsac, more often and I knew it would be up and ready to go again soon.

Oh well, farewell t9, HELLO ICC gears!! When they start throwing 3 sockets on stuff, I love it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uryto/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho
    Otherwise nice, but why do they have to stick defense on every damn item? Getting way overcapped :P
    you can't be overcapped for defence : the "cap" you mention is really a floor - more defence = more avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho
    Defense is the best Avoidance stat - especially with Chill of the Throne screwing around with our passive Block Cap.

My thoughts about trinkets:
    - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50341/u...ifiable-organ/ Looks like the best EH item by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to me (if the proc doesn't fall off it would be like ~ 400 stamina against physical attacks :>) => must have against everything that has a frequent melee attack.
    - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50352/corpse-tongue-coin/ The proc seems rather meeeh considering, that if it is meant to save your ass it will only net for some 0-2000 Health so unless bosses will endanger you for more than once within 10 seconds it is useless.

So it's either 2* 10 man Trinket ,if it can be used twice, or 10 man Trinket + Emblem Trinket.

PS: Lots of stuff with + Armor on it = sexxxy (aiming for the armor cap :>)

Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Defense is the best Avoidance stat - especially with Chill of the Throne screwing around with our passive Block Cap.
    cott is calculated after the diminishing returns calculation.

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    cott is calculated after the diminishing returns calculation.
    I do know that it's a flat 20% reduce on dodge (=> from 30% dodge to 10% dodge)
    Defense still gives a decent amoun of + block, which is not affected by DR and helps to close the 20% gap we get from CotT.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

So my guild doesn't raid until the weekend, but I did get this item which makes up for Legionnaire's Gorgot never dropping.

EDIT: Royally fucked up the wowhead link.