Anyone else notice the large drop off of gold from quests?

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but a lot of quests now are without gold as a reward. I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but there are other quests that still offer gold rewards. I don't see anything about this in the patch notes.

Re: Anyone else notice the large drop off of gold from quests?

what quests? what level? what zone? huge amounts of gold is only given at max level because the xp you would get is turned into gold instead. maybe they tuned it down to slow down inflation.

I was primarily questing in Howling Fjord and this is my second run through northrend. Quests that normally gave gold don't anymore, and it's just 20k exp that is displayed as a reward.

Probably because the average player makes about 3k gold lveling from 70-80 and Blizzard thinks this is bad somehow...
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu
    I was primarily questing in Howling Fjord and this is my second run through northrend. Quests that normally gave gold don't anymore, and it's just 20k exp that is displayed as a reward.

Is it only a display error? Have you checked the logs if you actually don't get any gold? Maybe a problem with the new "show experience in quest log" feature or the new quest log/tracking stuff.. just report it and ask a game master.
    I doubt this is intended.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

most likely they tuned it down cus of inflations as I said. most of my characters have made 4-5k leveling 70-80 with vendoring 90% of he quest rewards, considering you get 10 greens from 12 quests and you only need 1-3 <.< money is too easy in wotlk, and if blizzard finally managed to see that themselves, then it's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    most likely they tuned it down cus of inflations as I said. most of my characters have made 4-5 leveling 70-80 with vendoring 90% of he quest rewards, considering you get 10 greens from 12 quests and you only need 1-3 <.< money is too easy in wotlk, and if blizzard finally managed to see that themselves, then it's a good thing
    [Martha Stewart]: It's a good thing...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870
    [Martha Stewart]: It's a good thing...
    I dun get it

I checked my logs, no money received. I understand if they fear gold inflation, but isn't it a little bit late to combat this problem a year later? Plus, at least put it in the patch notes so levelers aren't confused on why their rep and coin rewards are significantly reduced.

Gold inflation? What? Where? Please gief! I only see gold deflation, with everything becoming cheaper and cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Yea I saw it and I hope it isn't intentional. Does anyone know what is going on, I am looking at the wow forums and there isn't much on this issue.

Yep Just turned in 3 quests in duskwood and only got XP no silver or anything. Checked my logs and double checked again, Just the xp and that's it. I can't find anything on this issue on the wow forums...

Edit: I just went to make a post on the wow forums and it told me that I don't have an active account. Even though I'm playing the game ATM... /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    if I'm in a crappy group one of my favorites to use is:
    "is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18"