Deathbringer's Will with DMC:G vs Grim Toll

been wondering this since I got DW. Should i gem arp and use dmc or stick with gt and dw

Re: Deathbringer's Will with DMC:G vs Grim Toll

Tbh, I don't know but one thing I would like to know, how does the procc on DW? (I assume that's Deathbringer's Will)

Does it stack with Str/crit/arp/haste or is every procc invidual?

Sorry if it's been posted already :/

Personally I am shooting for 85-90% ArP as Arms, which is more than doable in a semi-active raiding guild now. ArP becomes better the more of it you have, so you can get much more benefit out of having 100% ArP vs 50% ArP + proc, as constant 100% is just that beastly.

I am not sure about the proc on that trink though, seeing as the description is pretty vague, but I imagine it can't be that bad

Current reports on DW say that it's proc depends on your class, and then a random choice from there.

From EJ: Warrior: Str, Crit, ArP

This makes it kinda tricky. So far, the proc has ~2 min cd, so it seems like gemming for armor pen would be a dps loss if you don't get the armor pen proc, but you also want to be close to the soft cap so you get a big dps boost when you do get the armor pen proc.

This is a very tricky trinket to deal with, it's all RNG.

If you for example get hardcaped with ArP, 1/3 of all the procs from this trinket will be in vain. And if it really does have a 2min ICD you could get massively unlucky and get 3 straight arp procs on a single bossfight.

And gemming for softcap seams stupid aswell, rng :/

On the top of my head I'd assume gemming full str whilst maintaining around the softcap with arp from gear alone would be most dps-beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by quez
    This is a very tricky trinket to deal with, it's all RNG.

If you for example get hardcaped with ArP, 1/3 of all the procs from this trinket will be in vain. And if it really does have a 2min ICD you could get massively unlucky and get 3 straight arp procs on a single bossfight.

And gemming for softcap seams stupid aswell, rng :/

On the top of my head I'd assume gemming full str whilst maintaining around the softcap with arp from gear alone would be most dps-beneficial.
    I think this is blizzard trying to force us into interesting gear decisions--they've already said that they wanted to be more experimental this patch with proc-based gear instead of straight stats, and this + Bryntoll are prime examples IMO. If this trinket is completely RNG, we'll be seeing some interesting debates about its value in end game--it may prove to be more useful as a trinket used while gearing up rather than a trinket we'll be using in full 264+gear

Now that I know a bit more about the proc, the way I look at is it's a great trink to get you to hard-cap ArP, after that it has 3 procs:
    - Str: amazing
    - Crit: ok
    - ArP: useless

So you have 2/3 chances to have an at least "ok" proc. On top of an unbeatable 11% flat ArP, I think it's a pretty solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    Now that I know a bit more about the proc, the way I look at is it's a great trink to get you to hard-cap ArP, after that it has 3 procs:
    - Str: amazing
    - Crit: ok
    - ArP: useless

So you have 2/3 chances to have an at least "ok" proc. On top of an unbeatable 11% flat ArP, I think it's a pretty solid choice.
    Yeah, the passive arp on this trinket is amazing. Should be fairly easy to reach hardcap with this trinket.

I will probably try to reach hardcap anytime soon. @ 723 arp rating with only one arp gem, and this trinket will probably be the thing that makes me go for it